Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 2 (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Syfy

• This is it... we've waited five years for this moment. What an episode, what a finale ... what a show.

It's been months since this aired, yet I'm still confused, sad and happy all at the same time that things came to an end like they did. Sure, we never got to know what happened to Starbuck, but I've given that one tons of thought. It didn't really matter what she was. When you think about it, Baltar is so similar to Kara it's not even funny. I honestly think that Baltar has been dead from the beginning. Now hear me out on this one! When the colonies were nuked, Caprica six simply pushed Baltar to his knees as the entire building came down. Then all of a sudden, he's alive and well, and then he slowly makes his way off the planet and onto the Galactica. In the episode "The Hand of God", he takes a wild guess and points out the location of where the viper squadron needs to attack. I really don't think it was mere coincidence that he was spot on. He had created the cylon detector, didn't he also save Roslin's life in season two by curing her cancer? There's also the fact that he was seeing visions of Six. There was no explanation for this one, except for "he was seeing an angel". Kara also saw an "angel" in "Someone to watch over me". She sat next to a piano player who reminded her of her own father. Then at the end of the episode she's playing "All along the watchtower" and then suddenly this man disappears. Baltar was an "Angel", Kara Thrace was an "Angel" and so was Caprica Six. I'm more than satisfied with that explanation for all of it. These three characters all played their roles in "Gods" plan. Six pushed Baltar along the way, Baltar brings Hera into the "Opera House"/CIC and temporarily ends the war between Cylons and Man. And Starbuck? She ended the struggle. She solved the "All along the watchtower" puzzle, and she ended the journey.

I'm going to have to go back and watch things from the beginning, because I really think that the second time through will be so much better than the first now that I understand everything that happened. Battlestar Galactica, in your five years of run time on TV ... you've really outdone yourself. You've shown us that nobody is perfect, you've shown us that there is always hope and there is always a solution ... you've been an inspiration and you will not be forgotten.

So say we all.