Battlestar Galactica

Season 4 Episode 21

Daybreak, Part 2 (3)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Syfy

Who was the Episode MVP ?

Episode Discussion (5)
The writers of this ending should be thrown out an air lock. The entire ending was literally deus ex machina
I only started watching this a couple of weeks ago and I've finished it, I was completely hooked, loved it and loved Katee as Starbuck even though I'd seen the original and liked Dirk as Starbuck too. I like how BSG tries to address moral, political and religious issues without too much techno-babble (although I do like techno-babble), but I did feel some of the character swings/changes/u-turns were too abrupt or went too far at times, for example, who the hell is Lee Adama, his character flipped back and forth so many times it was daft.

And yeh the ending was really shit I thought, they ruined the Starbuck character and storyline, the significance of the song was crap and pointless. And the finale was made even worse by all the flashbacks showing what the main charatcers were doing at the time of the Cylon attack, didn't care at all, I hate it when they use flashbacks for series finales it's shit and boring. At least it was mostly new and they didn't just show old footage again like they do sometimes, but it was still crap I thought.

I thought the original series dealt with finding Earth better than this version.

And there were far too many characters have visions for my liking, too many scenes and too much information got from people talking to themselves.

And finally, I was dissappointed that Baltar never got decapitated.
Sorry one more point on the visions, WTF was the 'Theatre' all about anyway, why were Caprica Six, Athena and Roslin having the same vision of Caprica and Giaus taking Hera through the bright doors to the Last/Original Five Cylons? What was the point to all that anyway, it meant nothing really, and it wasn't a theatre it was CIC on Galactica, it just seems that they tried to have an intriguing plot line, making us wonder what was going on in the theatre, where it was and when it would happen, and when it did it turned out to be crap and pointless.

To add to the comment about ruining the Starbuck story, they make the viewer think she's some kind of angel, it never really gives any proper explanation or even intimates like the original version did, eg. Starbuck (Dirk Benedict) becomes a Seraph and crew member on the Ship of Light, and the Ship of Light is meant to be the bright ship that Kara Thrace drew and calls a comet, but none of that comes over, especially if you haven't seen or can't remember the original.

And in the original they find Earth and it's like Earth in 1980 when it was filmed, Adama decides the humans on earth are too primitive, they couldn't help in the fight against the Cylons and would be destroyed, so he leads the Cylons away from Earth to protect them, this 2004 remake changes those events but not for the better, I think they should have found Earth as it was in 2004, Galactica lands on Earth, gets our support by getting supplies and training pilots etc. and together the Fleet of the 12 Colonies and The Lost 13th Colony of Earth defeat the Cylons.
More +
such a bad ending, very disappointing.
Yeh I agree, the finale was crap, ruined it.
Sunday