Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 2 (3)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Syfy

• What a talent Ronald D. Moore Is!!!

I just read the first posted review and it talks about unresolved questions, and who Kara Thrace really is?; from the perspective of a dissapointed viewer. I think you need time to digest the 'closure' of this show.

My feeling about this, despite what may have been suggested by the writers, that in some way it will all be wrapped up, revealed... Is that Ronald D. Moore created such a complex story, with such complex characters... and most significantlty, as was the case with ST DS9, a mythical undertone to all that was happening, in parrelel to the dark tones of the show. I wonder if you could have ever truly have wrapped up a show, with these undertones. It made me think, in a strange way of 2001: A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kuberick created a masterpiece, without ever wrapping up the storyline, mostly because he meddled with the meaning of life itself, that in our quest of discovery, to explore outer space, to travel on a journey, ultimately it took us to our very beginings. It did have closure in some aspects, but much was left unanswered and I think its testament to how deeply he took the storylines, the characters and the underlying mythology.

I have to say that Battlestar Galactica for me has been the best piece of television in years, I have absolutely loved every twist, every turn and It's a testament to the greatness of the show that it couldent be wrapped up so perfectly. I will miss it!!