Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 2 (3)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Syfy

• Terrible ending, spoiled the show for me!*SPOILERS*

Angels, seriously? Starbuck is an ANGEL? I especially hated how she disappears right as Apollo is answering her question about what he'll do with his life, right after the devastating loss of his father. She now abandons him w/out any of his loved ones!

This show started so brilliantly. It explored issues of survival of the species, the usual tropes about technology "artificial life", and humanity.
    Then there was the 'not knowing' who was a cylon (thought that got a little old when there turned out to be tons of them).
    There was also great exploration of ruling during a "war", military vs. civilian, torture of prisoners, abuse of power, corruption, etc. All fascinating.

But then the hokey prophecies and religion "destiny" crap started growing stronger. I tried to ignore it and watch for the parts I liked.

All to get this last episode where they chickened out of having to wrap up anything and just used God(s) as a deux en machina to wrap up everything.

It was all just part of gods plan, Kara's an angel, Baltar's hallucinations was god. This was all a plan by god/devil. Oh and did we mention it's all just part of some inescapable pattern that just gets repeated over & over again. Meaning there's no free will, no chance of change and that mankind is ultimately doomed to drive itself to extinction.

I know there were angels in teh first series, but they were LAME then too! This series took the BEST of the original and ran with it, they didn't need to take all the crappy parts too!

I should have known this was going to be bad when I show I respected for being intelligent, mature, deep and interesting decided to GRATUTIOIUSLY feature STRIPPERS & puking!!!!! Seriously? This sort of endless objectification is why I avoid most other tv... thanks for throwing some in just to REALLY spoil this last episode!!!

I'm soo disappointed. I'm trying to think about whether this is the WORST ending to a show I've ever seen or the 2nd worst (I thought the Will & Grace ending where the ending a decades-long friendship by being too lazy to go across town to visit each other over the years - violated the entire premise of the first 10 years of the show!)