Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 2 (3)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Syfy

• Awful...Brilliant. The reviews range from awful to brilliant. One thing is for sure it really is the last one. There's virtually no possible follow on. Thank the gods!

The reality is somewhere in between awful and brilliant. IMHO it was more towards the brilliant. We saw quite a few metal cylons who have been conspicuously abset from most episodes. A bit of action didn't hurt either ... good hand to hand stuff and good old BG herself gets into her final bit of unbelievable action.

The opera scene is finally explained as is the original motivations of all the key human characters and how they got themselves into the story in the first place. the end game for most of the humans is revealed and some of those are dissapointing, which is perhaps where the criticisms from elsewhere originate.

Will history continue to repeat itself...well that is covered.

To be fair I think the writers have covered pretty much all of the bases. The story does make sense despite being hard to follow at time. It did go on for a bit and perhaps the last series and a half could have been condensed a lot. My other half kept watching it over my shoulder saying it was the same as the last episode and to be honest she was right most of the time. If it had been 20 or so episodes shorter I still would have kept this episode the same. It was a pretty good ending to a pretty good programme that was often brilliant and could have been brilliant but often repetitive.

I will miss it.