Battlestar Galactica

Daybreak, Part 2 (3)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Syfy

• Boy, I'm gonna miss this show!

I didn't give it a 10 because I think the writers could've done a better job wrapping up the Starbuck story.
    I also didn't like how so many things were explained through a higher power, I understand them explaining some things this way as religion and mystery have been part of this show from day one, but they overdid it in my opinion.
    Finally I would've liked it better if they found Earth 10.000 years ago (neolithic revolution) so they would've had at least some impact on our civilization. Now they did give us mitochondrial Eve but there monotheism and Greek references (names and religion) are supposed to be mere coincidental.

On the plus side it had some great action scenes, beautiful scenes of live on Caprica before the fall and it did a proper job saying goodbey to all the characters (some people may have found the ending to long but I believe the characters deserved it.)
    The epsisode gave us pretty much all the answers, no matter how vague some of them were and it's a hell of a lot better than most series finales I've seen.
    Among some of the most emotional scenes I've ever seen on the screen were the dead of Roslin, the fleet heading into the sun and the general realization that this show, which is definitely my favorite show of all time, is over.
    At the end of the episode I knew I was gonna miss these characters and I even felt sad about the great colonial civilization and the fleet's journey being forever lost and forgotten, boy I'm gonna miss this show!