Battlestar Galactica

Deadlock

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 20, 2009 on Syfy

• The worst of the season so far.

Hopefully we are done with this type of storyline. Where in the last episode or two there was enough to process to last us five episodes, this one dragged and draged. It's not that the aspect of the true Cylon baby or the unifying of Galactica and Cylon technology does not make for suspenseful watching, but in this episode the only true weight it was given was that od parenting and love. I'm sorry, but that's just not what this is about - this is about the future of two races - the parenting gig I've seen a thousand times before. Several huge moments of the episode, i.e. Elen's arrival on Galactica and the deciding of the original 5 whether to leave the humans or not were dealt with matter-of-factly, like something that just sort of happened today, no biggie. What's worse, Elen's character was watered down from a demi-god to the Cylon race to a jealous broad. This would be called "dropping the ball" with a character. Lastly, Baltar's arrival did nothing to really advance the storyline, it just sort of hung in there, just like the feeling he just wanted to bone the mom of "little Baltar". All in all, a confused, wasted episode in an otherwise perfect season. I think I'll just blot this one out of my memory and look forward to the next one.