Battlestar Galactica

Deadlock

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 20, 2009 on Syfy

• WHAAAT?? The first episode in a few thats made complete sense to me, thats gotta be worth something!

I wish I didn't have to write 100 words, because I just wanted to say a really simple thing, which was on a lot of fundamental levels, this was an episode I enjoyed much more than usual. The show, for the finale, is sort of returning to its roots in a new way. The eternal return that the show preaches (and now Tigh's 'frack words' rant this episode), will stay with me forever. Main reasons: I love Caprica Six like every guy on Earth, and I also love Gauis because he's such a conventional 'genius', and I can relate to that crap a lot. Plus hes just always really funny, like with Little Gauis this episode. They're setting up an interesting final blood battle, thats for sure. Machines? (Or Back To Humans), a vacuous, naive Queen song is a good example of the theme of this show, which is finally really clear to me. This is the first episode thats dealt quite so extensively with the Cylon/Human relationship. The show feels very much like the show again, not some watered down cool factory. As filmmakers you gotta satisfy the primal urges to make the more intelligent things more appealing.
    AKA: Give me some Six, and I'll be more prone to understanding your plot :) As opposed to too many monotonous moral battles with Tyrael. Maybe 70 years from now there will be an even closer to perfect version of this series. No **** its hard to imagine it now, but it will be. And this episode again breaks some new ground in SciFi for me, proving that "hey, maybe we do develop as a species". Maybe we do have eternal return, but we return in fresh and stronger ways, and make little upgrades to our mediums, like this episode was for SciFi. Thats pretty freakin exciting! It seemed like it brought characters and action to a new place again, maybe because a greater cast of the characters were used this episode to help balance things. Can't explain why exactly I feel this episode was so great, and I don't really care to. I've got a different role on Earth to play.