Battlestar Galactica

Deadlock

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 20, 2009 on Syfy

• Too much soap and too little going on

In my opinion this was the weakest episode in this season. Not much was going on and that Ellen hasn't changed much if at all didn't come to a big surprise. There aren't many episodes left to wrap this gigantic story up and this episode felt like a lost chance to bring the story further. I also had a problem with Bill Adama. This is now the second consecutive week in which he re-enacts Saul Tigh from season one - being drunk as skunk. I get it. He is depressed. His girls (Galactica and Laura) are both dying and he can do nothing against it. We get it, now can he please sober up and figure out what to do with this whole Cylon/human mess? The best scene in my opinion was when Adama and Roslin strolled around and found out that the Cylons are also posting the pictures of the Cylons who have died since joining the fleet in the same memorial place as the humans do. It really made a point in regards of the nature of the ship and the fleet. Both have already started becoming hybrids. In any other series this would have been an outstanding episode but BSG is exceptional and is much, much better then this. This makes the episode okay but not good. Come one BSG only four more episodes to go. Show us what you got!