Battlestar Galactica

Epiphanies

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 20, 2006 on Syfy

• No combat action in this episde but some other surpirses happend.

We didn’t get much action, but the story has taken one other unexpected turn. It seems like the story is no longer mankind vs. cylons, its army vs. peace movement. I don’t know if that is such a good idea, but it’s certainly an interesting aspect to show. We never knew how the civilians live and think. But honestly I was a bit surprised this peace movement is so big, when you think that all seven colonies of mankind were destroyed and only a few survivors exist. So why do they think, there will be peace, when the cylons hunt everything down?
    I hope for the show, that they write this conflict with care, because it’s difficult to be not pathetic when it comes to such a question. Just think about it, when there’s a new war in our world.
    I think it’s nice that the president is ok again, but will it change her? And now she might know the truth about Gaius. But he is already planning to stab her in the back. I think it will be nice to see how this will go on.
    There are some things I quite don’t understand. For example this unborn child: It has a human father and a cylon mother (with a completely different DNA otherwise she would have the same blood as her child). So how it’s possible a) that she’s pregnant and b) why has the child such a special Blood (DNA)? I hope we’ll get some answers about that.

To end this review: This episode was a bit special, because we haven’t seen any combat, but it took some nice and surprisingly turns. I liked it.