Battlestar Galactica

Epiphanies

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 20, 2006 on Syfy

• A sign of HUGE things to come

As this series progressed, we were treated to that which no other SF show has done before on this scale. It found ways to question the human race in all the worst aspects one can think of - greed, hostility, mistrust.
    It has been obvious throughout that the cylon race is indeed to one which is not only the more evolved, stronger, more intelligent, but more cohesive, willing to learn, adapt, open new ground.
    This episode in my opinion monumentally raises the bar for possibilities of human and cylon existence. Of course this carries with itself a lot of controversy, but just to see it makes my hairs stand.
    It is the bonding of the human and the super-human (the "machine" parallel wears ever more thin when we look at the human-like cylons), or, if you wish, the coming of the - well, take your pick, the saviour or the anti-christ.
    In any case, dawning of a new age indeed, one which could, in an evolutionary sense, mean the end of both humans and cylons.
    It is the most excting, thrilling, engaging hour of television and this episode is the perfect reason why.