Battlestar Galactica

Epiphanies

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 20, 2006 on Syfy

• Past, present and future presidents ...

This review contains spoilers.

In todays episode we were faced with two very sudden and drastic turns of events. It is a daring episode - and it puts most of it's time into developing the past, present and future presidents roles and characters with remarkable speed.

Some people like I may feel like this is a very very awkard episode as many thoughts and would-be conclusions we've had about these characters will be thrown overboard.

A characters death or a main characters death is something special in most every series on TV. Most of them have always been debated to no end.

This time it is different. I actually feel like it was really supposed to happen and everybody was well prepared. But then with the blink of an eye, things change. And then suddenly, a lot of the logic that we have come to understand in terms of overall plot may feel a bit shaken. "A dying leader ... " - no more?

This twist to surprise the audience is a remarkable dare but somehow the way it was pulled off left something to be desired. Some of the pieces that made up todays episode felt like they were just that: pieces. Usually Battlestar Galactica episodes do feel like a 'whole' to me instead - with every tidbit firmly attached to all the others.

The acting was wonderful as we know it. It was great to see our favourite doctor at work and learn interesting bits about both the pasttime president as well as the present president and maybe the future president as well.