Battlestar Galactica

Escape Velocity

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 25, 2008 on Syfy

• And this is how you remind me of what I really am.

Ok, first of all if you are looking for momentum in the plot of the show then you will be disappointed but if you like episodes that have character development then this is an episode for you. The fallout of last weeks episode is intense as Chief Tyrol falls apart. The scene between him and Adama was intense as he came apart at the seems. He ranted on how how he settled for Cally when he really wanted Boomer, but you're not sure if that was the truth or just the ranting of a man/cylon in desperate need of an intervention. Next week doesn't look much better for him. Saul Tigh is also falling apart as he continually interviews Caprica Six but sees the face of he dead wife, Ellen. He is desperate to keep his own secrets but wants to end his pain and loss and thinks that because he is a cylon he can just turn it off but he discovering it isn't that easy. The scenes between Tigh and Six were the most interesting of the episode, plus it was good to see Ellen again even if it was only in Tigh's head. Things aren't looking so good for him either.

Then there is Tory. Ahh, Tory. Tory seems to be the only one who has accepted her Cylon nature and after last episode (bad Tory!) has come to terms with who and what she is and is reveling in it. She is even taking advantage of Baltar's weakness for women and sex. Yes, our little Tory has suddenly become very very dangerous. (But I still think she's hot.)

Baltar has become extremely dangerous again has he has grabbed on to religious power. The One God movement has taken hold with Baltar has its leader and he has taken a major stand which puts him up, once again, against Laura Roslin. Oh yeah that's gonna end well. Wait a second, when exactly did Baltar become the hero and Roslin the villian? Tee hee I love this show.

Oh yeah speaking of Roslin, her need for power and secrecy puts her once again against Lee and his idealism. I am starting to like this storyline. It asks a very important question that is very current. When is idealism a bad thing? And when is secrecy a necessary evil? Is Lee's idealism going to bite him in the ass? Has Laura Roslin's need for power gone too far? Not much forward momentum in the plot, but there was some seriously important character development. Not for everyone but I liked it. As a matter of fact, I'm liking the whole season. I'm gonna miss this show when its gone.