Battlestar Galactica

Escape Velocity

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 25, 2008 on Syfy

• Post-Cally-death. Gaius sect is beaten up. President Roslin gets personal. The Chief, Colonel Tigh and Aide Tory asks those old-age questions: Who am I and Why am I here?

This was a very satisfying episode. From the dealing with death. To dealing with guilt. To accepting who you are. Deep fundemental philosphies that we brush off with cliche feelings.

The religious aspect always intrigue. Kind of hard to ignore the relevance to today's environment. The message may be peace but the implementation and reception are tow seperate things. The Sons of Aries illustrates the small bias to huge xenophobia in us to something different. Baltar is no saint but then again no one ever is.

The matter about Chief - who I think fell on the sword on purpose because who didn't trust himself maintaining Galactica equipment. Did he mean to not replace that switch or did the programming kick in? He recused himself honourably.

Roslin is going through her steps of death. I think her determination to make things 'right' will threaten all.