Battlestar Galactica

Escape Velocity

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 25, 2008 on Syfy

• oh oh, I knew having 4 on 4 excellent episodes was utopia...

Someone here already wrote about how "draged" the stories were in episode s4.04. Yes the parts with "Head-Six seeming to be real", the Caprica-Six-Ellen Tigh morph, Colonel Tigh's remourses, Tory's inreasing cylonism, Roslin's illness, Tyrol's problems, all are significant but not important enough to fill a whole episode, especially in a season that is the final one.

I missed to mention Baltar's and Lee's plots simply cause I find them utterly boring or even annoying and the only reason I tolerate them and didn't FWD their scenes is because I hope some of this might make sense in the future story development. Cause having Baltar getting l*id with everyone and keep wondering about his divine/religious destiny looses interest after a while, imagine how hard is to cope with it for 4 seasons in a row.

Or having Lee from being someone playing important part in the fleet's route and survival DEMOTED to a rather naive politician trying to control Roslin's power is painfull to watch.

I hoped the writers would stay focused in the LKAR characters instead we get whole episodes devoted on Tyrol and Tigh. I don't quite understand why Tyrol has taken so much focus the last two seasons while Athena's presense for example, has been so much reduced. As much as I like his character it is a SECONDARY one for a reason.

These are signs of the same poor writing we had in season 3 and I don't know how to feel about it. For the time being I will stay optimist and have faith that the rest of the season will give us mostly episodes as good as the first 3.