Battlestar Galactica

Exodus, Part 1

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 13, 2006 on Syfy

• Still they will remain.

-I wasn't crazy about basically rewatching the same scene of Sharon and Anders reunion or how Cally ended up running in that direction, but the action in the first few minutes made up for it. Chief and Seelix teaming up was giving me flash backs to their time on Kobol.

-I guess Three's dream proves androids do dream of electric sheep, or half electric ones anyway. I enjoyed her scene with the Kamala junkie(good use of Amanda Plummer), I like those half nonsensical, half prophetical ramblings. I also liked Three's scene with Dr. Cottle. The prospect of the Cylons getting their hands on Hera, despite Roslin's best efforts, pleases me greatly. If only for it proving how wrong Roslin was for taking the baby off Galactica.

-I also enjoyed Three's confrontation with Sharon when she was getting the launch keys. Sharon expressing her trust in Adama was sort of bittersweet, as I'm still not sure where I want her loyalties to lie. But that faith combined with her love of the uniform confirms she's made her decision. Her learning the truth should make for an interesting day though.

-Ellen selling out the resistance to save Tigh was a good way to take the character I think, as her storyline in season 3 is the only time I've been interested in her during the series.

-The two battlestar crews saying their goodbyes was a moving scene as was Apollo's moment with Adama before his departure from Galactica. The Admiral's final words to the crew before they jumped for New Caprica were inspiring and well written as well.

-Not quite up there with the last two episodes, but it had it's moments. Beyond my immediate reaction to the storylines though, it just didn't generate enough thought to really flesh out this review.