Battlestar Galactica

Exodus, Part 2

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 20, 2006 on Syfy

• Exodus, Part 2 is the best episode since the pilot / mini-series.

This episode is the best episode since the pilot / mini-series!

It contains everything that makes a drama series wonderful, exciting, adventurous, compelling, emotional, and the list goes on and on. Exodus, Part 2 gives the viewer non-stop action covering all the major characters and begins or ends several of the pivotal changes seen in the original series.

The majority of the action sets up or ends these pivotal plot lines. It accomplishes these actions using the high quality dramatic methods Battlestar Galactica 2006 always uses for its viewers.

The Pegasus dies defending the Galactica. As in the original, the Pegasus takes on multiple Bay ships. While in the original series we don't know the Pegasus' fate, here (because of improved special effects) we see her destruction; as she takes out at least three (if not four) Bay ships. She dies with honor defending her crew and all of humanity. May she rest in peace? So say we all!

Baltar is now with his Cylon friends, who admit they were wrong and he was right about humanity. Just as in the original series, Baltar is now a Cylon resource and puppet, not just a puppet. If the current series continues to follow the original, Baltar will command his own Bay ship and/or fleet.

We see where Hera (the first human/Cylon hybrid) comes into the possession of the Cylons. She already changes their normal actions (in this case to nuke the city). This plot line is original and increases the adventure and drama of the series.

Former President Roslin regains control of her starship and while technically she isn't the President, no one can doubt she'll be leading the council of twelve soon as its President.

Starbuck learns an important lesson on deception and love. Where there was a possibility she would side with the Cylons, there is none now. She proves her loyalty remains with humanity.

Col Tigh takes on what has to be the most difficult task of his military career. He shows us his inner strength and beyond any shadow of a doubt proves his ability now and in the future to lead.

Unlike the original series and with the destruction of the Pegasus, the 2006 series has more commanders than there are commands. Time, and I suspect drama, will work these issues out and isn't that why we watch BSG 2006 - for the drama?

Where the original series was light viewing, Battlestar Galactica 2006 is a hard hitting serious drama, which happens to have a science fiction background. The sci-fi never becomes too important for the viewer to follow.

This must see episode continues and expands upon the high quality we expect from this wonderful series.