Battlestar Galactica

Final Cut

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 09, 2005 on Syfy

• The one where: we get up close and personal.

I suppose, in a round-about manner, it was a smart move to showcase a relatively stand-alone episode after so many arc-driven ones. Here, with ''Final Cut'' Lucy Lawless makes an awesome guest appearance as an eager reporter driven by the idea of dragging Galactica's name through the mud.

There are quite a few memorable scenes here, particularly when it comes to an almost naked Apollo and his soaked, bicep-y body. (I'll be in my bunk.) And it was good to see a side of the fleet that felt raw and completely genuine. We got to see a lot of the crew as people for the first time too. I guess it was because they were addressed as individuals and not simply uniforms. We learn a lot of new names here from our regulars.

It was good to note that what happened on Gideon had some serious consequences, especially for Tigh. And I wonder what's the matter with Sharon's baby? I worry for the cylon. Speaking of which...

The end reveal was a corker. Although how did they get the footage all the way back to caprica so fast? Can they transmit data that easily? Whatever the case, Xena: Warrior Cylon should be sticking around for a while, at the very least. And that can only mean good things!