Battlestar Galactica

Flesh and Bone

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 25, 2005 on Syfy

• The story remains the same.

Starbuck's interrogation of Leoban made for one of the best plots yet in the series, the acting and writing were both excellent throughout their scenes together. Leoban revealing Starbuck's past after the first round of water torture was by far my favorite part. In addition to being an emotionally charged moment, his dialogue was very well written and Starbuck's silent reaction was was played perfectly on her part.

Leoban: "I see patterns. I know you, you're damaged. You were born to a woman who believed that suffering was good for the soul, so you suffered. Life is a testament to pain, injuries, accidents. Some inflicted upon others, as inflicted upon yourself. Surrounds you like a bubble but it's not... real. It's just- that's just something she put into your head. It's something that you wanna believe 'cause it means that you're the problem, not the world that you live in. You wanna believe it because... it means that you're bad luck. Like a cancer that needs to be removed. Because you hear her voice every day and you want her to be right."

The only thing that brought the episode down was Roslin. First off what did she expect from a military interrogation? Of course he's going to be tortured. Second, I don't get why she's acting all high and mighty with Starbuck near the end of the episode. Did she forget that the whole interrogation was her idea? Plus she knew from the jump that she wasn't going to be happy until she talked to Leoban herself, so just do it and be done with him.

It could have scored higher but Roslin took some of the shine off of what was an otherwise excellent episode.