Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

4.5 Predictions

Rummy1

[1]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 5

Alright everybody what are your predictions for for the second half of season 4?

1) I think it's safe to say that the centurions will play a role. Humans and skinjobs united against toasters?

2) Inhabitants on Earth?

Thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kondix

[2]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 11
    I have been playing with some thoughts...

I think that the final Cylon might be god him self... an asimov-like god creature...

Let me explain, all of this is happening again, and again, and agin, and again...

So one might say, THAT humans invent AI every time around when it happens again and again.

So, what if, thousands of years ago, humans invented AI (inhabitting earth). Then there came a war which devasted earth and forced them to search for a new home, which eventually became Kobol. Where the same thing happend again, a war, which forced them to resettle. 12 ships decided to go to search for 12 other colonies, and one ship decided to come back to earth.

NOW here is the twist, when back in the beginning - on earth - AI was created. There was also probably one skinjob, which survived the cataclism on earth, and was left alone for centuries. Asimov invented the three laws of artificial inteligence:

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law. Later there would be a fourth rule added: "A robot may not harm a human being, unless he finds a way to prove that in the final analysis, the harm done would benefit humanity in general."

Now this last Cylon on earth, would have in some weared way figured out, how to implement these 4 rules, and manipulate the whole galaxy for thousands of years, argumenting, that humanity has to suffer cataclisms for the grater good of humans. I know this has many wholes... but it would be interesting if in fact the last Cylon was a god like creature sitting somewhere in solitude on the destroyed earth or maybe on its moon manipulating everything since more than 4 thounsand years.

my1sunshine

[3]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 12

This second half is going to have so much going on.

1. Hell unleashed...

I beleive we're in for one hell of a battle. Cavill and his forces are out there. And they will find Earth. Count on it. Also, the stage has been set for another Centurian revolt against their creators..this time the Skinjobs. Being that they are now mortal..what WILL the Skinjobs do when such a revolt happens, and what will that mean for the Humans..who are now at their most vulerable. And D'Anna? D'Anna is the wild card. As the first Cylon skinjob to go off on her own agenda, she is also the most devious, and seemingly least feeling of all the Skin Jobs. So far, the only thing she has shown any real feelings about is 1. Hera..and 2. The Final Five. Baltar..I beleive to her, Baltar is just sexual and otherwise a curious romp. All this BEFORE she found out she is the last of her particular model. Now.. I believe she is at her most dangerous and unpredictable. Her claim that the Fifth is not in the fleet is one that I feel would be foolish to take at face value. She almost NEEDS to keep this revelation to herself out of self preservation if nothing else. I beleive a lot will hinge on her , and whatever course she takes. But anyway you slice it, there will be a huge, epic battle coming.

2. The Shining Planet....

I think at this point their have to be survivors on Earth. They will probably have to have some kind of technology to help against the Cylons. Otherwise, i think the Colonials might be pretty screwed at this point. They need some kind of help. And if these inhabitants have this technology, they are probably aware of the Colonials landing. They'll either observe them a while, or meet them head on. My guess is we'll probably meet them pretty quick. We don't have that much time to spend on that story aspect right now. Given that and the pending arrival of Cavill's forces..this should be interesting.

3. The Harbinger Of Death...

I'm almost positive that Kara did something when she was last on Earth to directly or inderectly cause this destruction. We'll see.

4. It's all in your head...

Head Six, Head Baltar, Head Leoben and now, Head Elosha? And the music? And the Viper? I am now convinced that this is all tied together, and that there are some extrodinarily powerful forces at work here..both good and evil which are manipulating both Colonial and cylons alike. But does it have anything to do with...

5. The Final Cylon...

Whoever this last Cylon is...only one thing seems certain...it is someone who Adama knows, or has known sometime during his life. The 10 second preview..we hear his emotional voice .."You're the Fifth? I personally feel that this entity is in the fleet. If not...then my money is probably on Joseph Adama... which would raise interesting questions about the entire Adama line. However my bet is there are a lot more then just one more Cylon out there...a lot more.

6. The Cylon and Human Gods....

This should also be a rather large plot point, but I'm not touching this one any more. We'll see.

7. The Shape of Things to Come ...

For all the time spent talking about Cylons and such.. re-watching the series, I cannot help thinking that Hera is the big mystery.. Not Earth...and not The final Five. What is up with that little girl? Is she the angel on whose wings the humans will be delivered?

All in all, I'm done with moaning about the wait until next year. I have never had so much fun watching and talking about a show in my life.

zukiki

[4]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 10

Playing on the whole "All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again", and then comparing the 12 colonies (who created cylons which lead to the cylons nuking the 12 colonies) to earth (Who created cylons, or at least the final five, and now earth appears to be recovering from a nuclear attack) there's defiantly got to be something there. I'd say that after whatever happened on earth happened, the final five sought out the remaining 12 colonies...though maybe not at the same time. Since we know at least the final five age, we know Tigh would have got there first, but the remaining 3/4 didn't arrive until 20-30 years later to account for the age difference . They probably played a part in evolving the cylons of the 12 colonies into human form which would explain why they were programmed not to think about the final five.

Now for similar reason as the 7 Cylons, the final 5 probably decided they wanted to coexist with humans, but realized that that couldn't happen due to cylon/human hatred, so they blocked the memories of their past lives (to be reactivated the closer they got to earth) and convinced themselves to be human.

As for the final cylon, I personally believe that it's someone we knew but someone that died, and seeing as there are many other copies of all the other cylons, it makes sense to assume that there would be surviving copies of the final five on earth.

Then as for the remainder of the cylon fleet...frankly I'm not really looking forward to their inevitable return, I can't explain way, it just doesn't really interest me, especially because either a) they just happen to somehow stumble onto earth (really?) or b) they're tracking them (yet again (and again?))

Finally there's this inter-racial breeding, which has totally thrown me for a loop, as it stands we have a Colonial Cyclon/Human child (Hera), a Earth Cylon/Human Child (Nikki), and a Colonial Cylon/Earth Cylon Child (Yet unborn). What does this mean, and what part will Roslin and Baltar play in it all. I've got no idea.

Edited on 06/23/2008 10:47am

Rummy1

[5]Jun 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm thinking/hoping there are survivor's on Earth and that they'll come together to help the people from the colonies and the skin jobs.

I also think Cavil will track everyone down on Earth and order the Centurions to attack, however the Centurians will turn against the Cavils and right before the Cavils get aced he'll probably say something ironic like, "God help me".

As for the identity of the final cylon, I'm leaning towards Ellen though I'm hoping it's Gaita. The voiceover in the teaser for 4.5 sounded like Tigh to me and he sounded incredibly shocked. Sure he'd be shocked if Rolin or Adama were the final cylon but both of those characters seem like obvious choices and this show is little more clever than that. Tigh nearly killed Gaita for working with the cylons so that would probably come as big shock to him, but Ellen would take the cake.

my1sunshine

[6]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 12
    Wow. Was it Tigh's voice? Interesting.

123home123

[7]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 55
    I thought it was Adama's voice, but I tried not to pay too close attention to the promo.

As for independent Cylons, I'd probably say that Athena was the first humanoid Cylon to forge her own path, when she helped Helo escape from Cylon-occupied Caprica.

I'm not too sure what will happen in the final 10 (12) episodes. There are so many balls up in the air. Beyond the obvious questions about what happens on Earth and the identity of the final Cylon and his or her significance, there is the unresolved matter of Baltar's religion, Roslin's illness and the boat to "heaven," Kara's identity, the "harbinger of death" question, the status of the rebel Cylons and so on.

MrBovineOrdure

[8]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 6

Hmmmm, something I hadn't considered before.....

All this time, I had assumed that at the exodus 4000 years ago, the 13th tribe would have arrived in our distant past and somehow augmented our religions, race. Of course that would beg some questions like "Where did all their tech go?"

What if at the time the 13th colony arrived, it was 2010 our time? All the questions about how we'd react to an "Invading fleet" may be answered by the final scene in revelations. It would either mean that humans evolved independently here, or perhaps was left here even longer ago when those that established Kobol left earth. Re: "All this happened before and all this will happen again" means that human-kind has been ping-ponging back and forth between Earth and Kobol for some time.

More importantly....

Lets say that in 2010, this fleet of the 13th colony from Kobol landed here. Perhaps we greeted them with skeptical open-arms. (but remember we presently are armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons). The 13th colony may have felt they were superior to the humans on earth and "helped" them. Over the next 2000 years you have some humans liking the new shiny things the 13th colony brought, but many others not liking it. In and around the year 4010, members of the 13th colony leave for Kobol again with the recording of the scroll of Pythia (Probably leaving because they're starting to feel uncomfortable with the political climate on Earth). Just after that the Earth humans had enough of this 13th colony and start an all-out war. By the year 6020 or so, our fleet arrives and sees the evidence of that war in a nuked out city where the radiation from that war is just falling off.

This neatly avoids the repeat of BSG 1980 that folks fear, rather now it can be refered to as in the distant past without having to go into too much detail. The above conflict between the earth humans and the Kobol humans may not have taken on exactly that form, but the timeline feels right. It's convenient story-telling wise, and I could at least say that when Earth Humans (with our own bones to pick with each other), Kobol Lord or Lords, Kobol Humans, and perhaps even Cylon-Skin jobs tagging along as the creation of one of the Kobol Lords creations, that there would be enough fodder for a war on Earth that left it such a bleak place.

My guess is that it's the year 6010 or later on Earth when Adama touches down on it.

Hmmmmmm.....

Mr BO

Edited on 06/24/2008 10:28am
    Edited 4 total times.

Idbeolderifiwas

[9]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 20
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

Hmmmm, something I hadn't considered before.....

All this time, I had assumed that at the exodus 4000 years ago, the 13th tribe would have arrived in our distant past and somehow augmented our religions, race. Of course that would beg some questions like "Where did all their tech go?"

What if at the time the 13th colony arrived, it was 2010 our time? All the questions about how we'd react to an "Invading fleet" may be answered by the final scene in revelations. It would either mean that humans evolved independently here, or perhaps was left here even longer ago when those that established Kobol left earth. Re: "All this happened before and all this will happen again" means that human-kind has been ping-ponging back and forth between Earth and Kobol for some time.

More importantly....

Lets say that in 2010, this fleet of the 13th colony from Kobol landed here. Perhaps we greeted them with skeptical open-arms. (but remember we presently are armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons). The 13th colony may have felt they were superior to the humans on earth and "helped" them. Over the next 2000 years you have some humans liking the new shiny things the 13th colony brought, but many others not liking it. In and around the year 4010, members of the 13th colony leave for Kobol again with the recording of the scroll of Pythia (Probably leaving because they're starting to feel uncomfortable with the political climate on Earth). Just after that the Earth humans had enough of this 13th colony and start an all-out war. By the year 6020 or so, our fleet arrives and sees the evidence of that war in a nuked out city where the radiation from that war is just falling off.

This neatly avoids the repeat of BSG 1980 that folks fear, rather now it can be refered to as in the distant past without having to go into too much detail. The above conflict between the earth humans and the Kobol humans may not have taken on exactly that form, but the timeline feels right. It's convenient story-telling wise, and I could at least say that when Earth Humans (with our own bones to pick with each other), Kobol Lord or Lords, Kobol Humans, and perhaps even Cylon-Skin jobs tagging along as the creation of one of the Kobol Lords creations, that there would be enough fodder for a war on Earth that left it such a bleak place.

My guess is that it's the year 6010 or later on Earth when Adama touches down on it.

Hmmmmmm.....

Mr BO

The one problem I can see in that theory is that many buildings were still standing upright. (Albeit destroyed) If it had been 2000 years since the Earth Humans destroyed themselves, the metal would have rusted away by now and everything would be rubble with nothing to support it.

Sektos

[10]Jun 24, 2008
    My guess is we'll never learn the exact year in the future it is, but like the matrix, we'll learn that this isnt the first time that humanity has created 'cylons' and done an exodus to a new home. One notable incidence will be the collonisation of Kobol. Hell for all we know this isnt the FIRST Earth, and that there has been many homes of humankind that have been named this.

We'll learn what (exactly/roughly) the Head-people are, and more importantlu Head Six and the relisation of Baltar's destiny; possibly as the dieing leader and/or reincarnation of the Cylon God (the one who sought to be more powerful than the other lords of Kobol)- whatever it is it'll involve Gauis and Hera, and likely be in the ruins of the old opera house and play out the visions of Cap6, Athena and Gaius.

The fifth Cylon will prob be in the fleet, but is being kept secret by Three as a final playing card and becuase they may not have fullfilled their purpose.

THe final confrontation will be with The ONe's Fours and Fives as they discover the Earth's location

Tyrol and Boomer will reunit and have the child they dreamed of when they were a couple. Of course Boomer will also be Nicks new mum.

GavinGibbons

[11]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 29
    I agree with everyone that says the centurions will revolt against the Skin jobs because of what Baltar was saying to the one on the cylon ship in 'The Hub'.

Also i think that Baltar is the 2nd coming of jesus- just because the similarities between the two are uncanny.

Rummy1

[12]Jun 25, 2008

Yeah I also wouldn't be surprised if we learn that the final five aren't really cylons, though maybe not human either.

Why should they be considered cylons? Are there multiple copies of the final five? No. Do they stay the same age like the other cylons? No.

Maybe the final five are humans or related to humans who at one time downloaded their consciousness into skinjob bodies. Isn't that what we've heard is going to happen in the Caprica show?

zukiki

[13]Jun 27, 2008
    Rummy1 wrote:

Why should they be considered cylons? Are there multiple copies of the final five? No. Do they stay the same age like the other cylons? No.

They're considered cylons because this is BSG. It just doesn't strike as a show that would lie to it's audience so blatantly, plus it would only hurt the last year and a half of episodes that aired. Do we know if there are multiple copies of the final five? No. They're from earth though, so I'd bet money there are copies on earth. Do we know if the other seven cylons age? No. Never have they established that cylons don't age, and no one has kept track of them long enough to be sure (Though Leoben has defiantly aged since the miniseries =P)

MrBovineOrdure

[14]Jun 27, 2008

The only inference on the 7 model-cylons aging is the fact that whenever we were on any base star or occupied Caprica and New Caprica, all the models appeared to be the same age. This doesn't mean that they don't age. It just means that in places where there were opportunities to show this aspect, we haven't seen it.

This makes it unlikely that they age, but not gospel.

Perhaps if they age a little, they just off themselves to get a new body. We *DO* know that they had "Blank" bodies and only a limited supply of them. (Cavil complained that if this civil war kept up, they would run out of bodies)

With a limited supply, offing themselves would probably be looked down upon as a waste of resources.

Mr BO

aloyoon

[15]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    the Promo for Season 4.5 was great first we see Saul holding a gun and point it at some one head i think adama

then we see Adama crying i think he was standing beside Laura dead buddy or Lee iam not sure then we see Kara burning some thing and she had alook on her face very sad then we here Saul voice saying you are the fifth ==========================================
    iam dieing to know what will happen

mfirefly10

[16]Jun 28, 2008

I'm pretty sure it was Tigh saying "You're the 5th".

I'm also pretty sure that both the "dying leader" and the "harbinger of death" prophecies have already come to pass. Kara Thrace was the dying leader. She died before they made it to Earth, then somehow returned to lead them there. "Kara Thrace will lead humanity to it's end." The end of what? Their search for Earth. "She is the harbinger of death." For the cylons. When Kara agreed to an alliance with the rebels, it set them on the path of destroying the HUB and now, every cylon left alive will eventually die. Thus, both prophecies were fulfilled. Now, I guess I could be wrong, but I did read on the scifi boards that the shows writers confirmed that the harbinger of death prophecy was already complete. They did not confirm the dying leader, but since I believe this is Earth, I believe it has already been achieved through Kara's death.

The 5th cylon? No clue. Don't know who it is, but I wouldn't put it past D'anna to lie. It's possible the 5th is someone in the Fleet and D'anna didn't want that person to be revealed. Why? Again, no clue. It's also possible she was telling the truth and the 5th is either already dead or not in the Fleet (maybe somewhere on Earth or with the non-rebel cylons).

I agree with whoever said the TRUE mystery lies with Hera. Hera is the shape of things to come. She has been vital to the show's mythology for a long time, yet we've had no pay out. During these last 10 episodes, I think we'll discover what Hera's purpose is and why she is so important to the future of these races.

I also agree that Cavil's forces will find Earth and a battle will ensue. I think the Centurians may fight with the rebels until Cavil's forces are defeated, then they'll turn on the remaining rebels. How any of the rebels survive is beyond me. Maybe Baltar will convince the centurians to follow God's path and live in peace with the skinjobs. Who knows? Boomer will return and her storyline will finally be resolved, one way or another. I believe we will FINALLY see the Adama/Boomer confrontation we've been waiting for since KLG2.

The visions & the Head folks. No clue about either but I think will learn what's behind both the shared visions and the Head people in these back 10 episodes.

Laura Roslin will die. That I am sure of. Is she the person Adama is seen crying over? Maybe, maybe not. But I have no doubt that she will die and that before she does, she will find the peace she's been seeking.

BellaBoo

[17]Jun 30, 2008
    mfirefly10 wrote:

The 5th cylon? No clue. Don't know who it is, but I wouldn't put it past D'anna to lie. It's possible the 5th is someone in the Fleet and D'anna didn't want that person to be revealed. Why? Again, no clue. It's also possible she was telling the truth and the 5th is either already dead or not in the Fleet (maybe somewhere on Earth or with the non-rebel cylons).

I was thinking that D'Anna's claim that only 4 of the final 5 were with the fleet may have meant that the 5th was actually there on the base ship. That leaves Roslin, Helo (can't be him, right?), Baltar... anyone else of note?

AndreasOS

[18]Jul 7, 2008

mfirefly10 wrote:
    I'm also pretty sure that both the "dying leader" and the "harbinger of death" prophecies have already come to pass. Kara Thrace was the dying leader. She died before they made it to Earth, then somehow returned to lead them there. "Kara Thrace will lead humanity to it's end." The end of what? Their search for Earth. "She is the harbinger of death." For the cylons. When Kara agreed to an alliance with the rebels, it set them on the path of destroying the HUB and now, every cylon left alive will eventually die. Thus, both prophecies were fulfilled. Now, I guess I could be wrong, but I did read on the scifi boards that the shows writers confirmed that the harbinger of death prophecy was already complete. They did not confirm the dying leader, but since I believe this is Earth, I believe it has already been achieved through Kara's death.

What about the Serpents portion of the Prophecy?

"And the lord's annointed a leader to guide the caravan of the heavens to their new homeland. And unto the leader they gave a vision of serpents, numbering two and ten, as a sign of things to come"

Carl_Barrass

[19]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 3
    AndreasOS wrote:

"And the lord's annointed a leader to guide the caravan of the heavens to their new homeland. And unto the leader they gave a vision of serpents, numbering two and ten, as a sign of things to come"

You do realise that one species ofsnakes is called "vipers.

I don't buy that it's allready happened because arth dosen't look like it's going to be there new home, but still...

AndreasOS

[20]Oct 20, 2008
    Carl_Barrass wrote:
    AndreasOS wrote:

You do realise that one species ofsnakes is called "vipers.
    I know, but Roslin had a vision of snakes writhing on her podium, and Baltar had Head Six explain that the 12 Vipers were the serpents in the Prophecy. But which was correct? They can't both be the dying leader...
    Edited on 10/20/2008 9:08am