Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

90-minute special episode

  • Avatar of 123home123

    123home123

    [1]Feb 16, 2006
    • member since: 05/24/02
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 11,760
    The season finale, "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2," will be a 90-minute special episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of monster_monster

    monster_monster

    [2]Feb 16, 2006
    • member since: 08/07/05
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 807
    Nice
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CandaceS

    CandaceS

    [3]Feb 16, 2006
    • member since: 09/18/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 114
    I read that and thought I may have died and gone to heaven.
    I love when they extend episodes of shows.
    Especially shows that I really, really love.
    I hope it's a good episode and not dragged out though...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danharr

    danharr

    [4]Feb 16, 2006
    • member since: 04/30/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 10,938
    Awesome, hope i'm off that friday so I don't have to watch a recording.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Im2Crazy4U

    Im2Crazy4U

    [5]Feb 16, 2006
    • member since: 05/12/04
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,262
    123home123 wrote:
    The season finale, "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2," will be a 90-minute special episode.


    Are we sure this isn't going to be like the 90 minute Pegasus episode? I hope not, just wondering out loud.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DeltaGuy

    DeltaGuy

    [6]Feb 16, 2006
    • member since: 01/05/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 52
    What 90 minute Pegasus episode? There were Two, well really Three, Pegasus episodes, all 43 minutes...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of port5170

    port5170

    [7]Feb 16, 2006
    • member since: 11/23/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,351
    good to know since sometimes I tape it and watch Saturday
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Im2Crazy4U

    Im2Crazy4U

    [8]Feb 17, 2006
    • member since: 05/12/04
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,262
    DeltaGuy wrote:
    What 90 minute Pegasus episode? There were Two, well really Three, Pegasus episodes, all 43 minutes...


    The Pegasus episode (there is only one) was originally rumoured to be a 90 minute episode instead of the standard 60 minutes (remember, commericals count). When it turned out to only be 60 minutes, it was rumoured that there were deleted scenes that would be included on the DVD.

    This 90 minute show never did appear. I am publically hoping this is not the same case this time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 123home123

    123home123

    [9]Feb 17, 2006
    • member since: 05/24/02
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 11,760
    It's true that there were additional scenes for the Pegasus episode, but the producers realized that they didn't have enough for a 90-min. episode, so they cut it down to the regular 60 minutes.

    Apparently, because the Season 2.0 DVD was released so quickly, there wasn't time to clean up the deleted scenes for inclusion. The extended version of the Pegasus episode is supposed to be included in either the Season 2.1 set and/or the entire Season Two set. I think it's both, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe 90% sure though.

    The difference between Pegasus and the season finale is that Pegasus was never officially advertised as a 90-min. episode. The Sci Fi Channel has already listed the season finale as a 90-min. episode on their website. (Click on the link for their March 10th schedule listings.) Since it has been weeks or months since filming was completed on this season, it's highly unlikely that any changes will be made at this late date. I'm pretty confident that the season finale will, in fact, be a 90 minute episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jeva1287

    jeva1287

    [10]Feb 19, 2006
    • member since: 07/03/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 172
    Does that include comercials? If not wouldn't that make it a two hour episode with comercials? Or if the 90 minutes does include comerials, would that mean that there's only about an hour of actual episode? Remember a normal episode is about 43 minutes long.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 123home123

    123home123

    [11]Feb 19, 2006
    • member since: 05/24/02
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 11,760
    Just to make it easier, I'm talking about total broadcast time, including commercials. The season finale will air from 10 pm to 11:30 pm on March 10.

    I just find it easier to write 60 min. and 90 min. instead of 43:30 or 65:45 or 66 min. That's too confusing. Of course, on the DVD, "Pegasus" will be a 90-min. episode in name only. The actual time will be around 66 min. or possibly less. It might just be an "extended" episode, with a runtime between 50 and 60 min. actual time (70-80 min. broadcast time if it had aired with commercials).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Im2Crazy4U

    Im2Crazy4U

    [12]Feb 20, 2006
    • member since: 05/12/04
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,262
    123home123 wrote:
    The difference between Pegasus and the season finale is that Pegasus was never officially advertised as a 90-min. episode. The Sci Fi Channel has already listed the season finale as a 90-min. episode on their website. (Click on the link for their March 10th schedule listings.) Since it has been weeks or months since filming was completed on this season, it's highly unlikely that any changes will be made at this late date. I'm pretty confident that the season finale will, in fact, be a 90 minute episode.


    Thanks for the clarification home.

    And jeva1287, most people talk about the broadcast time as the length of an episode of TV shows. Only people that download shows refer to 22 vs 44 minute epiosdes. In the end, the majority of people watch TV on TV so they need to tape shows based on the time it is on TV. BSG is a 60-minute show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jeva1287

    jeva1287

    [13]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 07/03/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 172
    Im2Crazy4U wrote:
    123home123 wrote:
    The difference between Pegasus and the season finale is that Pegasus was never officially advertised as a 90-min. episode. The Sci Fi Channel has already listed the season finale as a 90-min. episode on their website. (Click on the link for their March 10th schedule listings.) Since it has been weeks or months since filming was completed on this season, it's highly unlikely that any changes will be made at this late date. I'm pretty confident that the season finale will, in fact, be a 90 minute episode.


    Thanks for the clarification home.

    And jeva1287, most people talk about the broadcast time as the length of an episode of TV shows. Only people that download shows refer to 22 vs 44 minute epiosdes. In the end, the majority of people watch TV on TV so they need to tape shows based on the time it is on TV. BSG is a 60-minute show.

    I confuse very easly so thank you both for clearing up both those situations, I only asked cause I've heard of episode time described in both ways. So again, thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.