Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

A Clearinghouse For Answers (Major Spoilers)

MichaudMR

[1]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 17

I've been mulling this idea for a topic for a while now and it appears that we might benefit from a thread where we can summarize what we know about the multitude of mysteries which surround BSG(2003). There are so many questions, with so many great answers spread over a huge volume of posts and topics that it's nearly imposable to keep it all sorted out. All that I ask is that we make an attempt to be concise in the responses in this thread. One way to do that could be to make references and links to where the particular tidbit of information was revealed in the show or discussed in the forum.

- In "Someone to Watch Over Me" Boomer employed an ability she termed Cylon Projection to show Chief Galen Tyrol her vision of a future that they could have had together if everything had not gone to terribly wrong. This gives us a good indication as to the nature of the Head People which have inhabited Baltar and Caprica Six.

- In "No Exit" Ellen is revealed as the fifth cylon. Both she and Anders provide a wealth of information about the Final Five, as well as the Original Seven Cylons.

I can go on and on but will defer to my fellow forum members if anyone is interested.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

my1sunshine

[2]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 12

I'd love to participate, especially since I've been having a great time re-watching the show again during these last few precious weeks till the finale. Some of the scenes and character actions as well as dialogue are in such a different light now that some answers have been given, and becuse of how much has happened to these people.

But I'm a little at a loss for what you want us to do on this thread and in what way.

Edited on 03/02/2009 7:09pm

123home123

[3]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 55
    If this thread takes off, I can pin it. But I'll wait until we get more items on the thread.

MichaudMR

[4]Mar 3, 2009
    my1sunshine wrote:

But I'm a little at a loss for what you want us to do on this thread and in what way.

Just pick any of the questions or mysteries that have been set up over the years then give a line or two about the mystery and its resolution. A link to where further information (such as the forum discussion or episode recap) would be helpful but is not required. I'm open to any other format ideas that anyone else might have so long as we keep the posts somewhat on the short side to make them easy to read and refer to.

For example:

Four of the final five cylons were revealed at the end of Season 3 in "Crossroads, Part 2", as Col. Tigh, Tory, Anders, and Chief Tyrol.

MichaudMR

[5]Mar 3, 2009
    During the Episode "Revelations" The fleet finally found Earth, but discovered it was a burned out wasteland coming out of a nuclear winter.

guyroy1971

[6]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 12

well, a big one is that the final five were from "earth" (in this series) and traveled to the colonies in a ship that didn't have "jump" technology, which means that due to the theory of relativity, they did not age, while 2000 years went by for the colonies. They helped the cylons create the seven human looking cylons then had their meories erased by one of them, Cavil. They remembered who they were when they heard a song in their heads when they were near Earth (although why is still unanswered and what the significance of the song is still unanswered)

Also, Kara died and she found her body on Earth, what she is now is still unanswered.