Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

About Bill and Lee Adama at the end *SPOILERS*

Vyce3

[1]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 14

I'm not sure why he decided to never see his son again... seems wrong after all they've been through...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NatalieParsnip

[2]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 7
    I agree! And what's he going to do with the Viper? Fly it out into the sun with the rest of the technology?

Hungry_Homer111

[3]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 26
    That's one of the few things that still kind of seems off about the finale for me. The scenes that came after it with Adama and Laura were, for me, are the best scenes of the episode, and made OK in a sense, but seemed a bit off.

If I had to explain it, I'd say that Adama didn't know that he would be going off forever. We were told that he would by Lee and Starbuck, but Adama may not have known that. He was doing a quick gesture for Laura, one last thing to show his love to her, by proposing to her and talking about the house where he wanted to live with her until she died. But then he didn't get to do that, and only did those things to her dead (and later burried) body. It might have cause him to snap, and not go back like he thought he would. But Lee and Starbuck knew that something like that might happen, given Laura's state, and given their understanding of Adama and his love for her.

I'm not quite sure if that's a satisfying explanation of why he went off like that without Lee, but for me personally, the Laura scenes were so good that it's forgivable.

guyroy1971

[4]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 12
    That is about the only thing in the final (I have been a strong defender of it) that I didn't like. My only explanation for Lee saying that is Laura was alive when Adama left, so he may have assumed he was going off to live with her for as long as possible and wouldn't be back.

trip31

[5]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    It was a sad ending for Lee his ex(wife) was dead, his dad takes off and Starbuck disappears, he wasn't really close to anyone else.

martymcflyjb

[6]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 10

trip31 wrote:
    It was a sad ending for Lee his ex(wife) was dead, his dad takes off and Starbuck disappears, he wasn't really close to anyone else.

I know. I felt sadder for him than anyone else. He and Helo are probably my favorite characters, and when Starbuck disappeared, I was shocked and heartbroken for Lee.

brain05

[7]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 15

This finale hit all the right notes emotionally. Just simply amazing. The only thing I wish they would have had but didn't is a final scene with Bill and Tigh. That's the only scene I think is missing. The last really great scene we had with the two of them was when Bill told him he had decided to decommision Galactica. That was an amazing scene between the two of them. But I like to think that Bill does go back to see everyone every now and again.

I think Lee does go off to explore just like he says. I think that is exactly what he would do. A perfect ending to his story. He is at heart an idealist, a dreamer, and an explorer.

0hBoy

[8]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    trip31 wrote:
    there are pretty much sixes (capricas) and eights (boomers) - the one looks stunning, the other one pretty cute - he surely won't be without a relationship

0hBoy

[9]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    Vyce3 wrote:

I'm not sure why he decided to never see his son again... seems wrong after all they've been through...

look, it's pretty simple - i understand it like following: adama loved roslin so much, that living without her was worthless for him, in addition to that you can count things like responsibility to fly the technology into the sun and living a good life, fulfilling of his responsibilities to the human nation, bringing them to a planet, die in peace

you ok with that?

Vyce3

[10]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 14
    0hBoy wrote:
    Vyce3 wrote:

look, it's pretty simple - i understand it like following: adama loved roslin so much, that living without her was worthless for him, in addition to that you can count things like responsibility to fly the technology into the sun and living a good life, fulfilling of his responsibilities to the human nation, bringing them to a planet, die in peace

you ok with that?

sadly no