Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Battlestar Galactica back on iTunes

123home123

[1]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 55
    NBC Universal and Apple settled their differences so NBC Universal shows will be returning to the iTunes line-up. This includes Sci Fi Channel shows like Battlestar Galactica. The price will be $1.99 an episode as before. However, there will be high-definition versions of some shows that will list for $2.99 an episode. No word on whether HD versions of BSG will be available on iTunes.

Personally, I find iTunes useful only as a stop-gap measure, if my DVR breaks down or fails to record the BSG episode properly. Otherwise, I rely on the Sci Fi Channel broadcasts, the DVR recordings and then the DVD sets when they are released much later.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Idbeolderifiwas

[2]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 20
    It is nice however for shows that weren't released on DVD, such as Season 2 of Jeremiah (season 1 was released, but not season 2) But yeah, I would not buy BSG on there because I just save the episodes on my DVR until the DVD is released.

tripping82

[3]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    hulu.com has episodes to watch for free as well as scifi.com ... not that the $2/$3 dollars is a lot to pay...

123home123

[4]Sep 11, 2008
    • level: 55
    The HD versions might be interesting. I don't have an HD TV but a computer monitor generally has higher definition than a standard television set. Maybe I'll try out an HD episode of BSG if it's available.