Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome to debut online, beginning Nov. 9, 2012

123home123

[1]Nov 5, 2012
    • level: 55
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/05/battlestar-galactica-prequel-date/

Yes, that's just 3 days from now. However, they won't show the entire program. B&C will be broken up into ten segments of 7 to 12 minutes each. All of the segments will air over the next four weeks on Machinima Prime, the YouTube channel of Machinima.

A two-hour version will be broadcast on the Syfy Channel in early 2013. Then an unrated version will be released on video (probably DVD and Blu-Ray, but that's just a guess).

I've only been following this project casually, since it's been so long since BSG ended, and because "Caprica" got a quick hook from Syfy. BSG was a great show, but I never saw it becoming an ongoing franchise like Star Wars or Star Trek. Partly because the Syfy series had a definite beginning and end. Partly because it wasn't a warm and cuddly story with friendly and appealing characters like you see in other sci-fi franchises (C-3PO and R2D2 in Star Wars, Spock and McCoy bickering in Star Trek, etc.).

I don't know if I'll watch the YouTube installments. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. But I'll probably try to watch the Syfy broadcast next year. If it's good, then I might buy the DVD.

I heard that "The Plan" was underwhelming and somewhat disappointing. To tell you the truth, I still haven't seen the entire movie. I saw part of it on TV. I actually have the DVD but I never got around to watching it. I loved "Razor" as well as the miniseries and all of the regular episodes of the show. But I didn't get that excited about "The Plan" because we already knew what the ending was going to be.

I hope "Blood and Chrome" is as good as "Razor" was. Syfy had considered making an ongoing series out of the idea, but those plans were shelved. Perhaps if the ratings, DVD sales and reviews for B&C are out of the park, Syfy might reconsider. Don't get your hopes up though. I wouldn't bet on B&C becoming a series at this time.
    Edited on 11/05/2012 9:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.