Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

"Battlestar Galactica-The Complete Series" on DVD/Blu-Ray, July 28

Are you going to buy the "Complete Series" set?

123home123

[1]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 55
    TVShowsonDVD.com has been reporting that both the DVD and Blu-Ray versions of "Battlestar Galactica - The Complete Series" will be available on July 28.

They also state that it's "extremely likely" that the Season 4.5 DVD and Blu-Ray sets will be released on the same date.

All of these sets are available for pre-order on Amazon.com. The "Complete Series" is listing for $195.99 for the DVD set and $244.99 for the Blu-Ray set on Amazon.

NOTE: No mention is made of the upcoming Sci Fi (Syfy) Channel television movie "Battlestar Galactica: The Plan". I'm assuming that the "Complete Series" sets won't include that movie. The news item doesn't mention "Razor" specifically but I'm assuming that TV movie will be included in the "Complete Series" sets. I'll update this when I get confirmation either way.
    Edited on 04/18/2009 10:23am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dolphin_intern

[2]Apr 21, 2009
    • level: 12
    Already got mine pre-ordered woo hoo can't wait!!!

Gotal_LCP

[3]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 5
    I can't wait to have the complete series.

The-1337

[4]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 4
    I already shelled out $200 for my SG1 set, so I'm thinking of waiting a while for the prices to drop. For the same price, I could get an X-Files boxset that has double the episodes.

CaptainHarkness

[5]May 9, 2009
    • level: 23
    This would be so nice to have but the individual sets have gone on sale here in canada so i think I'm gonna pick those up instead.

my1sunshine

[6]Jun 22, 2009

I have just read that neither the complete set.. nor the 4.5 set... will contain the Face Of The Enemy webisodes. They are NOT included. Something about legal issues.

I'm a little ticked. Without the Face Of The Enemy story... is it a complete set? I would think not.

This really sucks!

Kondix

[8]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 11
    The Face of the enemy thing is a real bummer... but has someone already seen the season 4.5 extended episodes? I am dying to see them, but I will have to wait till I can afford that set... but what do you people think of those extended versions od A DISQUIET FOLLOWS MY SOUL, ISLANDED IN A STREAM OF STARS and DAYBREAK

my1sunshine

[9]Aug 3, 2009
    Well, I didn't see all that much in Disquiet, with the exception of one scene with Adama and his deck chief (not Tyrol) during Laura's running sequence, that made much difference, but then I walked away for five minutes.. so I need to watch it again. Islanded I defiantely have to watch again to give specifics, but I remember liking what they did. Daybreak... however was fantastic. Extra flashbacks, especially with Sharon, Tyrol..and !!! Cally! Great, and explosive scene with Kara and Adama.