Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan

pinot10

[1]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 5

Hey all

Just got a question about Battlestar Galactica: The Plan.

So would that episode or movie still fall in line with the battlestar galactica series or is this movie meant to be an intro into the new show 'Caprica'. And if this movie is meant to be part of the battlestar series does any1 no what it would b about.

I have not seen season 4 yet but i would have imaged that the daybreak episodes would hav been the ending of the series. Is that not the case. Did they leave loose ends at the end of the episode that hopefully would b resoved in 'The Plan'.

And if that is not the case where would 'The Plan' fit in chronicilogically into the series.

Thanx

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

johnathonmerrit

[2]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 2
    During the airing of the last episode of BSG, they announced this movie will air this fall and will be the cylon side of the story. My guess is they are going to try and squeeze all of season 4 into two hours and tell it from Cavil's point of view. All we have so far is from when Ellen was resurrected on Cavil's ship. How they are going to squeeze an entire season into two hours is beyond me. Hopfully, it won't be a bunch of short stories from each episode.

zukiki

[3]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 10
    My understanding of it, is that The Plan will take place from the mini-series, and lead up to the end of Season Two. Basically you'll notice that as of Season Three the veil is lifted and the there was no longer that mystery of the cylons plans. Starting in Season three, we were basically included in all thier plans/cival war. What the plan does is retoactively lifts that veil from the start of the show, and tries to answer any question that couldn't have been answer back then because the cylons were so mysterious back then. But should very much be watched after the series is over as I'm sure there will be references to things that we didn't find out until the end of seaon four.

Jeric-Ho

[4]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 34
    I heard it will be a retelling of the entire 4 seasons main plots but from the Cylon side, as in it will be mainly shot on board the Cylon base ships and show everything that was happening with the Cylons whilst we always only really seen the show from Galactica's point of view! Apparently we will see things and find out things that we have never known, so I am thinking that we may see 'The Daniel' model in BSG: The Plan, as we might get to see exactly why he got boxed, I hope this happens as i really want to know who/what Daniel looks like, and i think it has been kept a secret since Cavil and Ellen were talking about him, so the movie would be a perfect time to reveal who he is, maybe we have already seen him before!

my1sunshine

[5]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 12

zukiki wrote:
    My understanding of it, is that The Plan will take place from the mini-series, and lead up to the end of Season Two. Basically you'll notice that as of Season Three the veil is lifted and the there was no longer that mystery of the cylons plans. Starting in Season three, we were basically included in all thier plans/cival war. What the plan does is retoactively lifts that veil from the start of the show, and tries to answer any question that couldn't have been answer back then because the cylons were so mysterious back then. But should very much be watched after the series is over as I'm sure there will be references to things that we didn't find out until the end of seaon four.

This is essentially correct. At least half of it will take place on Caprica, as the Cylons deal with an unexpected development after the attack.. survivors, and decide what contingencies are needed to deal with them. There'll be some stuff just before, and during the attack itself, and the immediate aftermath. Hopefully more destruction footage. Other than shot of bombs in the mini series, and the battles in the Scorpion shipyards in Razor, we never really got much in that vein. I hope we get to see who Caprica Six met with on that day, but it was probably Cavill. We'll get a good glimps of Ellen's plight during the attack, and what went down with the Caprican Buccaneers and Sam, too.

The rest, as stated, will show the Cylon point of view behind the scenes of events during the first two seasons. It will be interesting to see Cavill's take on events, since we never really met him until the season two finale two-parter.

It was of course, directed by Edward James Olmos. Can't wait till June!

EDIT: I just found out they changed the airdate to November. Frak and double frak!

Whaaaaaaah!

Edited on 03/26/2009 7:38am