Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Blade Runner: The Final Cut is airing on the Sci Fi Channel tonight

123home123

[1]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 55
    I don't know the difference between "the Final Cut" and the "Director's Cut" but this is one of the extended versions of "Blade Runner", one of the all-time sci-fi movie classics. Harrison Ford is the main star but Edward James Olmos plays a significant supporting role. So Olmos has had important roles in one of the most important sci-fi movies of the last 40 years and one of the most important sci-fi television series (BSG, of course).

The movie started 15 minutes ago. In case you miss it, I believe it's available on DVD. But if you're bank account is hurting along with the down economy these days, check it out on the Sci Fi Channel.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tripping82

[2]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 14
    I love Blade Runner. Hey, how 'bout Rutger Hauer as the final cylon?

123home123

[3]Nov 17, 2008
    That could have worked, although I think he's too old now. Not as scary anymore.

tripping82

[4]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    Agreed. The young Rutget Hauer as the final cylon, or any cylon would have been awesome. I'd still love to see the Hauer on BSG, a small role like Bruce Davison's role as Mike Roberts, just a one episode type role would be perfect.

ebony_kunoichi

[5]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 13

I'm sorry, but I don't get blade runner. I think it's just a trip to nostalgia land for the old timers. I think BR is overrated. I know i'm gonna be blasted to Caprica for my opinion, but I'm ready bring it on!

The only two good things about BR is how friggin hot Harrison Ford was and Hauer's performance. Other than that it looks dated and it is boring! I tried to watch, but was bored after 30 minutes. I'm just not into the whole detective noir stuff.

123home123

[6]Nov 21, 2008
    Everyone has different tastes but I think Blade Runner holds up well after all these years. Maybe it's because I also like detective and action movies in addition to shows like BSG. It's a little slower paced than the frenetic, MTV-style movies we see nowadays but it's nice to actually be able to see what's onscreen once in a while, instead of the crazy blurs in movies like The Bourne Identity.

But I will make a comment about your signature. I think there's a missing close tag for the font color. If you notice, much of the font on the page just below your signature is also showing up in red font. You should fix the signature by adding the close tag.
    Edited on 11/21/2008 9:20pm