Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Boomer/Grace Park

penguin_tri

[1]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 1
    I was sondering how much of a main character boomer is in the later episodes (season2) and if and she will remain a key character as far as people can tell in the future?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jcroasdaile

[2]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    I think Boomer will remain for the long haul since the aspect of her character on BSG is so different from the other models. She is like the one borg who wants to be independant of the collective...

Why is it that Sharon was able to become with child... what makers her different? Often you heard of number 6 speak of love and it is obvious that this bond between Sharon and Helo is strong. Again leading back to a human quality that the Cylons don't fully understand.

Unlike her sleeper version she makes her own choices willing and while she might never be fully trusted I will bet money something will happen again where she will show her alliance to humans and not the cylons.

As fas the cylons go, they are the creation of humans and it is like they ENVY humanity for what it has. That humanity is unfit to live, but for them to be closer to god and have the ability to reproduce they themselves must in part become more human. Also I find it odd with all the God talk you never hear the word sin in the series? Am I wrong in this? If anyone knows please let me know.

In the end I feel that cylons are like upset children with an EDIPUS COMPLEX towards humans and humanity.

psadle

[3]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 14
    No, sin has been mentioned, I rember in resurrection ship that Gaius asked Gina if she thought "God would forgive this sin." To which she replied,"God forgives all"

so the cylons seem to have the 'concept' of sin. It appears to be the practice they have problems with.
    Edited on 02/01/2006 2:05pm

BattlestarQ

[4]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 8
    Personally I am wondering 'Who' the cylons consider their god? We humans while having different beliefs over the centuries, i think it is safe to say most religions in the US Center on 1 entity responsible for Creation of Heaven and Earth and the Living Spirit. While the humans in BSG have 12 gods they worship. And the Cylons apparently worship 1 god. So the Question is Who is the Cylons God? 1 of the human creators that originally created the cylons? Baltars Daddy? i wonder? any comments?

123home123

[5]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 55
    I hope it's not the Creator from The Planet of the Apes movie.

monster_monster

[6]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 35
    123home123 wrote:
    I hope it's not the Creator from The Planet of the Apes movie.

.. I hope the same.

JalineTV

[7]Feb 4, 2006
    • level: 18
    I think the next episode, 'Sacrifice', will feature more Boomer time. I'm looking forward to it myself. Plus, I'm sure there'll be more of her and Helo once their baby is ready to come out. the creator did say that their baby birth will reach its peak or conclusion this season.

Jericho34

[8]Feb 17, 2006
    • level: 6
    I just wanna know why she ain't on the cast list, when even the preist is as a reoccuring character.

123home123

[9]Feb 17, 2006
    Jericho34 wrote:
    I just wanna know why she ain't on the cast list, when even the preist is as a reoccuring character.

She should be on the cast list. She used to be there. The editor is aware of the situation and he will inform the staff.

It kind of faked me out because she disappeared from the cast list just before I saw "Sacrifice." [SPOILER WARNING]

I thought that she was the "sacrifice" in the episode when I saw that she was no longer on the cast list here.

EnemyOfTheState

[10]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 12
    She certainly won't be written off.
    Sharon is the personification of both the entire conflict and the possible solution; therefore maybe the most pivot character of the entire show, even if she didn't have much screen time lately. Plus her baby is of paramount importance for the Cylons and just because one Sharon model dies doesn't mean the character is out.

If you saw the promo pics for the remaining episodes, you will know she has much bigger parts in the last three weeks of the season.

123home123

[11]Feb 22, 2006
    Yeah, I know Sharon is one of the most indispensable characters. In addition, she and Number Six are the two main characters who are the least likely to be killed off (permanently). SPOILERS FOR PAST EPISODES BELOW

Even though the resurrection ship was destroyed, there are always possible scenarios for additional copies of either Sharon or Number Six to appear in the event that the original copies get killed, as we have seen already. (This is assuming Number Six is real and not just a figment of Baltar's imagination.)

wedgeantilles54

[12]Feb 23, 2006
    • level: 12
    i know the episode tomorrow deals with the whole cylon society thing and boomer or a copy of boomer is at the center of it based on the previews last week so
    we shall se what happens

123home123

[13]Feb 23, 2006
    It looks like it will be a flashback to the time when the original Galactica Sharon was killed. That copy only recently became aware of her Cylon identity and still had strong feelings for the Galactica crew. Even Caprica Sharon has feelings for many members of the crew but she was always aware that she was a Cylon.