Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

BSG 5th Cylon Discovered!

Hammerterross

[1]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 1

With the clues provided and carefully examaning the cast/crew, I have come to a conclusion of who I think will be the 5th and finnal cylon.

Dr.Cottle

Ok now for the reasons I think its Cottle (As per the clues)

1.He has been in the show since season 1

2.He was not in the TV film Razor

3.Helo and Athena are suposed to be "reacting and looking" at the spot where the 5th cylon is to be placed(between Tigh and apollo in the photo from scifi.com)

4.To go with #3 Dr.Cottle was involved in the whole contraversy with helo and athena's baby(hence why they are looking at him)

and 5. he would be a frakin awesome cylon

why I dont think its anyone else is they either dont fit the clues, or contradict the fact that the 5th cylons cant ressurect

Edited on 06/13/2008 11:10pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zukiki

[2]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 10

D'anna said that the 5th wasn't in the fleet. It's not him. Sorry . Plus there are tons of other theads like this already which would probably appreciate your input more then starting up yet another thread. I'll admit it'd be kinda cool if it was him. I'm a huge fan of Donnelly Rodes, but I just can't see it working in the context of the show.

sheli20

[3]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 8
    zukiki wrote:

D'anna said that the 5th wasn't in the fleet. It's not him. Sorry . Plus there are tons of other theads like this already which would probably appreciate your input more then starting up yet another thread. I'll admit it'd be kinda cool if it was him. I'm a huge fan of Donnelly Rodes, but I just can't see it working in the context of the show.

I think saying that the 5th "wasn't on the fleet" could actually mean that they were already aboard the baseship.
    meaning again baltar, helo, roslin etc.

I'm not sure I understand the points about Dr. Cottle

tripping82

[4]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 14
    The thing that really bothers me is that D'Anna just woke up. How would she know the 5th isn't in the fleet? Unless the fifth is either on board the baseship or she knows the fifth is else where, or dead.

copygeek

[5]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 13

tripping82 wrote:
    The thing that really bothers me is that D'Anna just woke up. How would she know the 5th isn't in the fleet? Unless the fifth is either on board the baseship or she knows the fifth is else where, or dead.

D'Anna can't know if the Fifth is dead. From the time she woke up to the time she made the comment about the Fifth not being in the fleet she only came into contact with maybe 100 Colonials, and almost all of them were members of the Galactica crew. The only way she would know that the Fifth isn't in the fleet is because she never saw them on New Caprica during the occupation.

Bionetic

[6]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    or it could have been someone she passed or encountered as she made her way through the Baseship. That said, it really makes me wonder if maybe it really is Helo. Was he onboard the baseship?

Idbeolderifiwas

[7]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 20
    Maybe one of the final 5 in her vision was wearing a sign that said "I'm on Earth!"

zukiki

[8]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 10
    copygeek wrote:
    D'Anna can't know if the Fifth is dead. From the time she woke up to the time she made the comment about the Fifth not being in the fleet she only came into contact with maybe 100 Colonials, and almost all of them were members of the Galactica crew.

Before she was discovered as a cylon she was an established reporter in the fleet. I'd think she met and knew more then a few people. Who knows how long she's lived with the colonials.

MrBovineOrdure

[9]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 6

This is why I feel it's Ellen Tigh. D'Anna was around enough to know she was dead on New Caprica. It's very likely that Ellen won't try to get back into the fleet if she faked her death or ressurected.

Then again as many folks pointed out, perhaps she's lying. That she knows she doesn't need the 5th to get to earth.

Mr BO

lisagraham

[10]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 30

Bionetic wrote:
    or it could have been someone she passed or encountered as she made her way through the Baseship. That said, it really makes me wonder if maybe it really is Helo. Was he onboard the baseship?

Everytime I read something and think it makes sense... someone posts something opposite that disputes that last thing... my head is spinning

What I am sure of is that Help was on the Cylon Basestar when D'Anna was unboxed...

And I too think it is Helo... Except for that pesky RDM saying that no one in the Last Supper Pic is the final Cylon... Can someone confirm he actually said that?

thanoscopter

[11]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 4
    Helo being a cylon kinda breaks the whole importance of Hera i really doubt they would do that.

mikebeech

[12]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    lisagraham wrote:

Bionetic wrote:

Everytime I read something and think it makes sense... someone posts something opposite that disputes that last thing... my head is spinning

What I am sure of is that Help was on the Cylon Basestar when D'Anna was unboxed...

And I too think it is Helo... Except for that pesky RDM saying that no one in the Last Supper Pic is the final Cylon... Can someone confirm he actually said that?

I'd also like confirmation on that, I was really hoping the final Cylon would be Baltar.

my1sunshine

[13]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 12

zukiki wrote:
    copygeek wrote:
    D'Anna can't know if the Fifth is dead. From the time she woke up to the time she made the comment about the Fifth not being in the fleet she only came into contact with maybe 100 Colonials, and almost all of them were members of the Galactica crew.
    Before she was discovered as a cylon she was an established reporter in the fleet. I'd think she met and knew more then a few people. Who knows how long she's lived with the colonials.

I'm curious. Why are so many viewers taking D'Anna's statement as fact. Why, why, why? She has the best reason in the world to lie...the BEST reason. Yet I see so many people saying " Sorry..this dosen't work, because D'Anna said this, or that." Six said the FIVE were close, not four...and she's been the most honest of all of them. D'Anna's lying. She's keeping that info as her last playing card. She's the last 3, and as she said..."Information's all I got, sweety. " The 5th is in the fleet. As for Moore, and the Last Supper pic, Yeah..he did say that. I wouldn't take that as gospel either. With all the guessing and discussion going on, someone has guessed right. Moore needs to fake out as much as possible. It's NOT going to be someone we don't know, people, C'mon!

Edited on 07/03/2008 6:04pm

ShaizanHgh

[14]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 2

A good way to think about the 12 cylon models is that they are archetypes of the different personalities of humanity. This leads me to think that Roslin is the 5th as I dont think there is a teacher archetype among the known cylons.

Just a theory.

edmorita

[15]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 22
    I think that the fifth cylon is Kara's fighter. It was not in the fleet when the four in the fleet gathered. Assuming that Kara is NOT a cylon, it would have been the only cylon that had been to Earth, and the signal Kara found in the fighter eventually lead them to Earth, which is what the prophecy indicated the final five would do. Just a theory.

tripping82

[16]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 14

While I don't know who the final cylon is, I think I may know who the final cylon is based on.

It's Bear McCreary.

This past season, McCreary was asked to write an opera song for one character to sing while recovering from the loss of a limb, and the writers have come up with a musician character for the final batch of episodes (due sometime in 2009) who's loosely modeled on McCreary.

This excerpt was taken from the 11th paragraph @ http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2008/06/sepinwall_on_tv_michael_giacch.html

Edited on 07/07/2008 9:55am
    Edited 2 total times.