OK, I mentioned this theory on another thread, but it didn't get much attention, but I've developed the theory a little bit more since then. OK, perhaps this is a trivial observation, but has anyone noticed how everyone of the Final Five's has a T at the beginning of one of their names?
Maybe the T in each of their names isn't a coincidence. Perhaps it's a portent indicating that whoever is the fifth cylon will have a T at the beginning of one of their name.
If that were the case, then the final Cylon would be either:
- Kara Thrace - Most likely candidate, based on T Theory.
- Tom Zarek - Possible "Curve ball" Candidate, based on T Theory.
- Ellen Tigh - Dead, but possible resurrected.
- Cally Tyrol - Dead, but possible resurrected.
- A T-square is an Ancient Egyptian hieroglyph for "Tau" which means "sacred gate" or "sacred opening". Multiple Taus form a temple: for example "Stonehenge".
- the origin, meaning and purpose of ancient stone Taus and Henges in Britain and Europe has become clear. They originated in remote Ancient Egypt as Taus and they represent Temples, which are gateways for the Sun at the Dawn of a New Age of the Zodiac. Their purpose is to commemorate the Dawn of the Ages of the Zodiac, and in some cases track and predict the Dawn of the next Age of the Zodiac. http://ancientegypt.hypermart.net/substitutedsecrets/index.htm
- Aurora is the Latin word for dawn, the goddess of dawn in Roman mythology http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_%28mythology%29
So what does the idea of the "Dawn of the Ages of the Zodiac" have to do with BSG? No, I'm really asking, anyone have any ideas?
Perhaps the five are the "temple"; but in what context? The T in the revealed Cylon's names means that each Cylon is a Tau. Each of the final five represents one Tau. Together they form four Tau or multiple tau. I assume the final cylon will have a T in their name making them the last Tau. Together these multiple Tau form a temple to be revealed in the show.
It seems that each temple the fleet of BSG have discovered has been a marker helping the fleet find some treasure. Originally one might have thought that treasure was a populated Earth, but considering the post-apocalyptic state of Earth one must assume the treasure they are being led to is something less obvious. They still have to go to the Temple of Aurora. I believe the five are the last temple and the key to finding whatever they are searching for.
I could keep on going with this, but I think it would be easier to refer you to this website: http://ancientegypt.hypermart.net/treasuremap/index.htm I don't know how credible it is, but it certainly has interesting ideas which I think may be related to themes in BSG.