Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Cammader Adama speaks to Leoben in the miniseries

HeHateMe5

[1]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 3

Ok another note while watchng the miniseries for fun.

At Ragnar station Commander Adama finds himself in a one on one situation with Leoben.

As they chat, Adama finds Leoben acting strange.

As the conversation unfolds, Adama realizes Leoben is a cylon and makes a reference to Leoben's brain pathways.

How in the hell does Adama know this? At this point in the miniseries NO ONE knows they look human ecxept Baltar and I don't think he told anyone yet.

But Adama does..

so it will be interesting to find out how he played into the experiments in Razor and the next set of episodes.

Edited on 08/15/2008 11:57am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MrBovineOrdure

[2]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 6

My assumption is that this was due to knowledge of the metal cylons and that their pathways didn't react well to the radiation.

Sure the metal ones don't sweat, have rheumy eyes, that *was* a leap for Adama.

The greater question is why this farce about Cylons being so hard to detect.

Silicone pathways susceptible to radiation

Fiber optic readers in the arm

Glowing thing in the spine

Blood cells whose's molecules have a different number of sides than humans.

Something that allows them to read faster (Read binary code like it was a comic book)

Something that transmits their whole consciousness to another body light years away. (These last two can't be explained with a normal brain structure)

You'd think any one of these things would show up under an MRI, microscope or lab result...

Mr BO

HeHateMe5

[3]Aug 15, 2008
    very true on the radiation issue. you would think they would try to initiate a test on a smaller scale like ragnar station to test everyone.

MichaudMR

[4]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 17

Very early on Mr. Moore made the statement that he was, within reason, willing to sacrifice technical/scientific accuracy to making the storyline work. The question I suppose, is where to draw the line? At what point do the discontinuities and/or technical inaccuracies become too much of a distraction? He allowed as to the questionable wisdom over his decision to use the "glowing spine" as it later came into conflict with where he ended up going with the cylon infiltration plot lines. As a result the glowing spine effect was dropped from the show.

A few years ago I brought up in a post how the cylons went from very susceptible to radiation poisoning to having a greater resistance to radiation. It was rightfully pointed out by another poster that there are many forms of radiation so it could be explained away as the cylons having a weakness for a particular type of radioactivity. To my logic it would make sense for the Colonials to somehow exploit this weakness, but giving the humans a physical advantage over the cylons would defeat one of the most basic premises of the series. The cylons are physically and intellectually superior to humans, but they lack the soul of humanity. The theme of our "indomitable human spirit overcoming all" has been a huge part of Science Fiction since its origins. Just take a look at the conflict resolutions of nearly all of the multiple versions of Star Trek episodes (where Mr. Moore spent a good portion of his career).

HeHateMe5

[5]Aug 16, 2008
    I agree with everything you say, except the remarks about when we finally see the ending, we will be able to go back to the miniseries and it will all make sense.

If some technical changes were made that didn't sacrifice the writing then I'm OK with that.