Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Caprica 6 talking to ?? in miniseries

HeHateMe5

[1]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 3

I just rewatched the miniseries last night for fun.

interesing note, I finally know who Caprica 6 was speaking to in the scene where she tells Gauis that she has to meet someone and says it's about time you showed up.

This scene works in reverse and is later recapped on the galactica when both of them are talking about the cylon scanner in CIC.

The person is Aaron Doral.

He had access to the galactica as a PR speaker for the museum. They purposefully go out of their way to tell the viewers how he was able to roam the hallways free to do what he wanted.

Then the flashback to when 6 enters Baltar's house. In her purse/case was the cylon detector.

She was delivering it to Doral to install on the dradis while he was able to roam free as the PR guy.

So there is your answer.

Doral put the device in CIC when the galactica was in the middle of decommissining and no one was looking.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Doom442

[2]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    Interesting, just one problem. At the start of the mini series, you see the Dorral model in question already mascarading as a PR for the Galactica showing people around on the tour. Considering Galactica didnt land on Caprica at all to allow him to leave, talk to six and hope back on, i highly doubt its him.

HeHateMe5

[3]Aug 15, 2008

snap! I got ahead of myself. unless she met another doral to confirm he had his device on the galactica ready to go.

they could of each had a detector on them for what ever assignenment needed??

Edited on 08/15/2008 12:42pm

Idbeolderifiwas

[4]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 20
    Also, doesn't Gaeta say something about it having been there for a while?

MrBovineOrdure

[5]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 6

There being a Doral on Galactica means that it still could be anybody down on the surface that met with the Six.

It makes it unlikely that it was Ellen (as I've been theorizing lately) though if that was indeed the same device. I feel she was lying about being on Picon and transported to the fleet. I always thought she could have been on Caprica being the one directing all of this, but she would never have risked going to the Galactica or Colonial 1 and risk being recognized at that point....

Hmmmm.

Mr BO

HeHateMe5

[6]Aug 15, 2008
    I guess I was trying to tie the comment 6 made to the unknown and the appointment she said she had. With the recap scene of the cylon detector I had a strong feeling it had to do with it so of course I would've assumed it was a doral she commented to.

Carl_Barrass

[7]Aug 22, 2008

God the fact that NONE of you has been to the thertere in a VERY long time is seriouly obvious.

It was simply a TV use of a very old thertere trick.

Namely have the character voice there thoughts out loud. Somehow 6 new the Cylon attack was just starting and the writers simply had her state her relif at this happening out loud. She wasn't talking TO anyone but the audiance/herself.

HeHateMe5

[8]Aug 23, 2008
    what is the thertere?

Chainblast

[9]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    Either RDM or Eick have said the person she spoke to wasn't meant for any other purpose than to fuel suspense and mystery. That said I could see that person coming into play during the upcoming BSG special, in which the plot is heavily cylon focused before the attacks. Other than that I wouldn't expect much. It's not going to be an element to the conclusion of the story with the end of season 4 next year.