Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Caprica got green light for 2010 :)))

Kondix

[1]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 11

Go here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=50942

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

psychickiller

[2]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 9
    Sweet! I wonder what this series will be like... Won't be long till we find out.

Jeric-Ho

[3]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 34
    Awesome news! the trailer looked interesting!

123home123

[4]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 55
    Here's the announcement on the official Sci Fi Wire site. It sounds like the pilot won't air until the rest of Season 1 is set to go (or maybe just Season 1.0). If that's the case, there will be another long hiatus next year. Season 4.5 will finish up in late March or early April 2009. Then "The Plan" will air sometime in the summer of 2009.

"Caprica" will premiere in 2010 but I don't think we know in which month.

ugzravage

[5]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 2
    While it sucks that BSG will be ending, at least we get some sort of spin-off continuation. Great news, not the best news, but great nonetheless.

Kondix

[6]Dec 3, 2008
    Yeah... can't wait to see it. From what I read on the internet, the pilot is done filming... I really hope they air the pilot at least one year prior to the show itself! This would make 2009 actually quit nice.
    2009 January - S4.5
    2009 Summer - The Plan
    2009 Winter - Caprica Pilot
    2010 ??? - Caprica Show

I think that would be quite a nice year, to be honest... as long as Caprica can fight the good fight (like BSG) but in a totally diffrent genre... but I have my confidence in those guys!

123home123

[7]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 55
    I think "Caprica" will be good but it will be a much different type of show. I think they might have altered the focus a little when they saw the negative reaction to the comments about it being a "sci-fi family drama/soap opera". In one of the trailers I saw, I think there was some kind of explosion. I don't think that's the norm for most "soap opera" series.

We won't have the spectacular space battles that we have in BSG. I know that's not the primary drawing card for BSG but it does add a lot of pizazz to the conflicts portrayed on the show.

Don't forget that we're going to have the Webisodes too. Those are going to start next week, just 9 days from now! From famine to feast in BSG land. There will be 2 Webisodes each week. Even though they will be short, it will give us something to talk about on the forum. There will be 10 Webisodes in all. And then the Season 4.5 episodes will start up soon after.

Kondix

[8]Dec 4, 2008
    Well... I hope Caprica will eventually get to the creation of the Cylons, and to the point where they start to form a consience... this would mean that a soap opera would transform slowly to a intercolonial pre-war state with uprisings... robotic terrorism and finally the war itself...
    Rising fear, much darker tone from season to season and than the all out, full blown war...
    I really think that would be something very interesting to see. Just imagine a show like friends or californication were sudenly after 2 or 3 seasons there comes war... and all characters have to adjust their lives and take on new roles in live and maybe in military...
    I guess ultimately they should go in this kinda direction! So if it goes well, we could (I hope) get some space battles and colonial occupations...
    but on the other hand... thats just the way I wished they would make it.

Marlon1116

[9]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    Nice cant wait to watch it.

seto1

[10]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 16
    yeah its indeed great but lets hope its not a watered down version of the original

CaptainHarkness

[11]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 23

This series looks really good. I can't wait. Is Bill Adama going to be in it as a child?

tripping82

[12]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    CaptainHarkness wrote:

This series looks really good. I can't wait. Is Bill Adama going to be in it as a child?

I would assume so. I doubt that he'd have an important role in it but we'll probably see him playing with a centurion toy - Kinda like a nod to BSG.

psychickiller

[13]Jan 7, 2009
    There's a new sneak peak for Caprica on SciFi.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/exclusive-new-clip-from-caprica-only-on-sci-fi-wire.php

tripping82

[14]Jan 7, 2009
    psychickiller wrote:
    There's a new sneak peak for Caprica on SciFi.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/exclusive-new-clip-from-caprica-only-on-sci-fi-wire.php

Ok, I just watch that and my initial reaction was: WTF? Caprica looks like nothing like I'd expected it too. I can't wait to watch it.

MichaudMR

[15]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 17
    Caprica look interesting but at this point I've become so frustrated with the endless interruptions and delays with BSG that I'm just not sure I want to get involved in another storyline.

tripping82

[16]Jan 7, 2009
    MichaudMR wrote:
    Caprica look interesting but at this point I've become so frustrated with the endless interruptions and delays with BSG that I'm just not sure I want to get involved in another storyline.

That's an excellent point.

psychickiller

[17]Jan 7, 2009
    Indeed, this stupid over-waiting every 10 fraking episodes is getting on my nerves.

danharr

[18]Jan 8, 2009
    • level: 45

Kondix wrote:
    Well... I hope Caprica will eventually get to the creation of the Cylons, and to the point where they start to form a consience... this would mean that a soap opera would transform slowly to a intercolonial pre-war state with uprisings... robotic terrorism and finally the war itself... Rising fear, much darker tone from season to season and than the all out, full blown war... I really think that would be something very interesting to see. Just imagine a show like friends or californication were sudenly after 2 or 3 seasons there comes war... and all characters have to adjust their lives and take on new roles in live and maybe in military... I guess ultimately they should go in this kinda direction! So if it goes well, we could (I hope) get some space battles and colonial occupations... but on the other hand... thats just the way I wished they would make it.

You don't have to hope if you go to youtube and watch the longest Caprica trailer you'll see that at least one if not the main catalyst of the show is the creation of artificial humans aka Cyclons.