Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Complete Season 2 DVD possibly coming in September

djariya

[1]Mar 17, 2006
    • level: 19
    I read on Ask Ausiello on TV Guide that the Complete Season 2 DVD set will be released by September just before the season 3 premiere.

Question: Will the entire second season of Battlestar Galactica be released on DVD before the third season premieres in October? — Marilyn

Ausiello: Yes. I'm not sure of the exact street date, but I hear it'll be in stores by early September.

Now, how many of you actually spent the 35-40+ dollars for the Season 2.0 set that only had 10 episodes? Will you buy this set? Luckily I held out.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DocMartigan

[2]Mar 17, 2006
    • level: 5
    I figured they would do something like this.

I don't mind double-dipping usually... so no biggie.

I actually thought they would try to make some extra cash by releasing the second half of season 2 seperately, then a few months down the road releasing a set with the entire season, but this is the better way to go.

Delameko

[3]Mar 18, 2006
    • level: 8
    The 2-part seasons is what they usually do in the UK. It's why I usually buy the US boxsets.

I hope this isn't a trend that catches on...

FrakkingFrakker

[4]Mar 18, 2006
    • level: 28
    My understanding is that there would be a season 2.5 set...which would release before a full season set.

The full season set would include things not on either of the half sets. ...Thought I got that information from somewhere on these forums.

Anyone know if there are still plans to release the second half of the season?

(I bought the first half, and don't begrudge the purchase one iota. It was good to see the eps.)

123home123

[5]Mar 18, 2006
    • level: 55
    I don't have any definite information on the DVD plans. Even if they don't release 2.5 on DVD, at least we have 2.0 on DVD now. After all, the full Season Two set won't be released for nearly 6 months, according to that TV Guide note.

If I hear any news about 2.5 or Season Two, I'll post it.

djariya

[6]Mar 18, 2006
    • level: 19
    At least they will have plenty of time to put together a really good set like Season 1. I thought the 2.0 set was a little pricey for 10 episdoes, some Ron Moore pod cast commentaries and deleted scenes. SciFi.com has so much behind the scenes material that should definitely be added to the complete season 2 set.

bzcorn

[7]Mar 20, 2006
    • level: 2
    I'm glad I held out. I'd definately pick up a good box set with all the season 2 episodes on it.

RDWoody21

[8]Mar 20, 2006
    • level: 1
    This news upsets me greatly as I just recently got into this show. Who splits a season up anyway...thats just craziness.