Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Cylon Number System?

theladyozma

[1]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 5

Ok, so I'm trying to figure out the Cylon number system. So far we have: ONE: Cavil TWO: Leoben THREE: D'anna FOUR: Simon FIVE: Doral SIX: Caprica Six/Natalie and EIGHT: Boomer/Athena.

Where's SEVEN?

The creators have stated that the Hybrids count as "ZERO" and that the final five do not have numbers numbers. Then why have 123456-8? Can the Cylons count??? It's a little annoying... I mean it can't be another model was boxed cause there are only 12 models, and Raiders and Centurions don't count! So the missing Seven thing is the new mystery that is driving me nuts. Wouldn't it have just been easier if they have given the final five numbers just to solve the Seven mystery? I guess the writers wanted to drive someone like me crazy. Good job guys!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

adiav

[2]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    Maybe the lack of a 7 means there's more than one unrevealed Cylon out there.

I did say in another thread somewhere that RDM had said in the Battlestar Galactica: The Phenomenon series that there were 12 Cylon models as far as we knew, which not only means something's missing but that there's totally a possibility that there are more than 12 to be met.

Maybe the 12th's hiding out with the 7, and someone in the fleet's going to get a rude shock when they come face-to-face with themselves somewhere....

eater11

[3]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 18
    So the Final Five don't have numbers. That gets rid of my Tigh as seven theory.

Jeric-Ho

[4]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 34
    Well as you said we have:

• One (aka Brother Cavil)
    • Two (aka Leoben Conoy)
    • Three (aka D'Anna Biers)
    • Four (aka Simon)
    • Five (aka Aaron Doral)
    • Six (aka Caprica-Six/Head Six/Shelley Godfrey/Gina Inviere/Natalie)
    • Eight (aka Lt. Sharon "Boomer" Valerii/Lt. Sharon "Athena" Agathon)
    • Samuel T. Anders
    • Galen Tyrol
    • Tory Foster
    • Saul Tigh

I have not heard or read that RDM said that the final 5 have no numbers, but i did read that Galen Tyrol was revealed as Number Twelve, so is it not still possible for e.g.

• Sam is Nine,
    • Saul is Ten
    • Tory is Eleven
    • Galen is Twelve

And the final cylon that is still to be revealed may be Number Seven, and quite possibly could have at one point been a model amongst the One - Eights, and they have just been reprogrammed by the Hybrid upon download to forget who the Number Seven is or was? And it may also be something that Sharon being Number Eight is special, as she is after the unknown Seven, so if Seven is indeed the final cylon, then Sharon must have came after it, this may be the reason why Sharon feels for the humans, and falls in love with them unlike any other model.

RDM did say that the final cylon has been around since season one, but is it someone who has died, someone with a major part, whi knows, but my guesses are:

• Tom Zarek: He has been around since the beginning, but has always been in the shadows of Laura Roslin, and has never really had a major role, plus he was Apollo in the original series, so would be cool to see him become something bigger
    • Helena Cain: Nobody has said that the final five cannot download, well not that i have heard anyway, they might download to a seperate download facility. and she was an awesome character i thought.
    • Zak Adama: This is way out there, but he has technicaly been around since Season One, as in mentioned and photographs, he died in the fall of the twelve colonies aka the Cylon attack, and before the human cylon models were created, so..he technicaly could have been created as a cylon model after his death! and with the show having a religious theme, the hebrew meaning of Zak is 'Pure' or 'God has Remembered'.

NeedDream

[5]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 1
    Just another thought, fogive me if it was mentioned in another topic... 12 colonies, 12 models... Now the rumored 13th colony is proven move than a rumor... perhaps a 13th model exists???

copygeek

[6]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 13
    Jeric-Ho wrote:
    • Zak Adama: This is way out there, but he has technicaly been around since Season One, as in mentioned and photographs, he died in the fall of the twelve colonies aka the Cylon attack, and before the human cylon models were created, so..he technicaly could have been created as a cylon model after his death! and with the show having a religious theme, the hebrew meaning of Zak is 'Pure' or 'God has Remembered'.

Actually, Zak died well before the attack on the colonies. He died in a Viper accident because Kara cleared him to fly even though he needed more training.

eater11

[7]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 18
    Jeric-Ho wrote:
    Well as you said we have:

• One (aka Brother Cavil)
    • Two (aka Leoben Conoy)
    • Three (aka D'Anna Biers)
    • Four (aka Simon)
    • Five (aka Aaron Doral)
    • Six (aka Caprica-Six/Head Six/Shelley Godfrey/Gina Inviere/Natalie)
    • Eight (aka Lt. Sharon "Boomer" Valerii/Lt. Sharon "Athena" Agathon)
    • Samuel T. Anders
    • Galen Tyrol
    • Tory Foster
    • Saul Tigh

I have not heard or read that RDM said that the final 5 have no numbers, but i did read that Galen Tyrol was revealed as Number Twelve, so is it not still possible for e.g.

• Sam is Nine,
    • Saul is Ten
    • Tory is Eleven
    • Galen is Twelve

So with Tigh as number ten how old does that make the rest of them/

Bionetic

[8]Jun 19, 2008
    theladyozma wrote:

Ok, so I'm trying to figure out the Cylon number system. So far we have: ONE: Cavil TWO: Leoben THREE: D'anna FOUR: Simon FIVE: Doral SIX: Caprica Six/Natalie and EIGHT: Boomer/Athena.

Where's SEVEN?

The creators have stated that the Hybrids count as "ZERO" and that the final five do not have numbers numbers. Then why have 123456-8? Can the Cylons count??? It's a little annoying... I mean it can't be another model was boxed cause there are only 12 models, and Raiders and Centurions don't count! So the missing Seven thing is the new mystery that is driving me nuts. Wouldn't it have just been easier if they have given the final five numbers just to solve the Seven mystery? I guess the writers wanted to drive someone like me crazy. Good job guys!!!

This is a very good observation. Honestly I never noticed this discrepancy. Maybe model seven was the prototype hybrid.
    :
    Prototype Hybrid - Main article: Cylon Basestar (reimagining)#The Old Hybrid Played by: Campbell Lane Only Appearance: "Battlestar Galactica: Razor" Episode count: 2 The "original" Hybrid was a Cylon that is partly male humanoid, was developed in a planet-side lab and then fused into an old-style Basestar. The prototype Hybrid is clairvoyant, and seemingly omniscient, and unlike the later model, speaks cogently. The old-style Cylon Centurions protect it vigorously from humans and later model Cylons alike. It is destroyed by Kendra Shaw with a suicide bomb, along with its Basestar.
    Another possibility is that before she became Zero (the Hybrid) she was Seven. So once they were hooked up to the baseship they lost their designation as Seven and were re categorized as Zero.
    Edited on 06/19/2008 12:50pm

hazelnut144

[9]Jun 19, 2008
    Or they might have just given Sharon number eight before they come up with the "final five" storyline?? Because I know they didn't decide on Tyrol, Tigh, Tory, and Anders as cylons until late third season.

As for Cain being the final, well she hasn't been around since first season. She didn't show up until the middle of second season.

HeHateMe5

[10]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 3
    Maybe Tory is number seven, she does exhibit the characteristics of a skinjob don't you think?

Marcjit

[11]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 7

If the info is truth... if it is someone from season one and the person is dead. I think the final cylon would have to be Captain Louanne 'Kat' Katraine. In the last episode before the break. when they finally reached "earth" I recall Starbuck starring at Kat's picture in the halls. Personally, why whould they even bother with that scene if not to remind us of Kat.

hazelnut144

[12]Jun 22, 2008
    Personally I think that showing Kat's picture was mainly because she and Starbuck really did connect in some way, although they didn't exactly get past their respective egos until Kat died. But she was also brought up in Maelstrom when Kara asked for her picture to be put up next to Kat's. But then again, I could be wrong. She is a possibility.

beowulf314159

[13]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    NeedDream wrote:
    Just another thought, fogive me if it was mentioned in another topic... 12 colonies, 12 models... Now the rumored 13th colony is proven move than a rumor... perhaps a 13th model exists???

Interesting thought! Has anyone kept track of the tribal affiliations of the final five? Are they spread out? There might be a 1:1 association between tribes and models - although this would be impossible to prove as the models 1-6 don't have any obvious connection to any of the tribes that I can remember.

6s and 8s do - Caprica-six is obvious, and Boomer had/has a tribal affiliation (I don't remember it though). So do four of the final five - but I don't remember the tribal affiliations of Tigh, Galen, et. al.

Food for thought

hazelnut144

[14]Jun 22, 2008
    I'm pretty sure I looked that stuff up...was going to see which colony was left out, and then look for characters from that colony. But if I remember correctly, most didn't have stated home colonies, and those that did, quite a few overlapped. It's a great theory, but I don't think it fits.

123home123

[15]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 55
    Boomer said her parents were from Troy, although in reality Boomer did not have any conventional parents. Troy was not one of the Colonies but it was probably affiliated with one of the major Colonies.

I don't think there is any affiliation for Leoben, Cavil, Simon, Doral or D'Anna. Tory doesn't have an affiliation. Tyrol doesn't. Neither does Tigh (although Battlestar Wiki cites some magazine that says he's from Aerelon). Anders played for the Caprica Buccaneers but that doesn't mean he's from Caprica. Just like our professional athletes, he could have come from any other Colony.

Kondix

[16]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 11
    So although much has been revealed, actually nothing has been revealed more questions than answers... Maaan, and still at least 6 months to go :/

hazelnut144

[17]Jun 23, 2008
    beowulf314159 wrote:
    Interesting thought! Has anyone kept track of the tribal affiliations of the final five? Are they spread out? There might be a 1:1 association between tribes and models - although this would be impossible to prove as the models 1-6 don't have any obvious connection to any of the tribes that I can remember.

6s and 8s do - Caprica-six is obvious, and Boomer had/has a tribal affiliation (I don't remember it though). So do four of the final five - but I don't remember the tribal affiliations of Tigh, Galen, et. al.

Food for thought

Well as we've stated that doesn't work, but I just thought of something. There are certain characteristics that tend to be associated with the Zodiac signs, and I believe that in "The Phenomenon" (or maybe it was the other one...I can't remember) RDM stated something to the effect of the cylons each being a stereotype of some sort. Now maybe they could each be representative of one of the Zodiac signs? If anyone is overly bored they could try to figure that out.

my1sunshine

[18]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 12
    (sigh) Work..work...work...work...work.

123home123

[19]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 55
    Well, there is at least six months before BSG returns...

adiav

[20]Jun 24, 2008

123home123 wrote:
    Boomer said her parents were from Troy, although in reality Boomer did not have any conventional parents. Troy was not one of the Colonies but it was probably affiliated with one of the major Colonies. I don't think there is any affiliation for Leoben, Cavil, Simon, Doral or D'Anna. Tory doesn't have an affiliation. Tyrol doesn't. Neither does Tigh (although Battlestar Wiki cites some magazine that says he's from Aerelon). Anders played for the Caprica Buccaneers but that doesn't mean he's from Caprica. Just like our professional athletes, he could have come from any other Colony.

Just off the top of my head, Anders said in Crossroads Part 1 or 2 (I forget which) that he was raised on Pikon/Picon (how do you spell it?), when he was in his Viper and had his comm system on accidentally.

Tigh doesn't really sound like he's from Aerelon... Baltar did his Aerelon accent at one stage and it's definitely nothing like Tigh's.