Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Daniel (spoiler from "No Exit")

hazelnut144

[1]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    Thoughts? The name is all we are given. Going through all the Daniels that come to mind I'm getting Daniel "Bulldog" Novacek, Danny Noon, and Daniel Greystone (the guy who's gonna be in "Caprica".) Greystone is seeming the most likely possibility at the moment. What do other people think??
    Edited on 02/13/2009 8:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[2]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 55
    I think Greystone is the most likely because of the new prequel series.

(Note: I added a spoiler tag to the thread title.)

ISpeakTheTruth

[3]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 33
    For some odd reason I think Daniel could be the first hybrid from razor. I found it interesting how the opening credits had so many scenes from razor.

hazelnut144

[4]Feb 13, 2009

Oops. Spoiler tag. Thanks. Yeah I think that Greystone is most likely too. Although Bulldog has a slight chance. Not much of one since he just kind of appeared for one episode and we never saw him again, but he was held prisoner by the cylons, and was alive when everyone thought he was dead...but I'm still going to go with Greystone. I just wonder if he will actually play a part in the BSG finale, or if it is just a mention that people will only really understand if they watch Caprica.

Oh, and as to the overabundance of Razor scene, I think that was because they are playing up the "All of this has happened before and will happen again" (that needs to be shortened...AOTHHBAWHA??) mantra, so using the OLD centurions was important. And since Razor is the only time we see them...

Edited on 02/13/2009 9:18pm

123home123

[5]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 55
    The "Bulldog" episode was a one-off story. Moore and Eick sometimes laugh a little nervously when they talk about that episode in the podcasts, as if they realized that it didn't quite fit into the larger BSG mythology. I doubt anything from that episode will figure into the Cylon/Colonial history. Maybe I'm wrong but from what I've read and listened to over the years, it doesn't seem likely.

lunachan01

[6]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    I vote for Kara to be the Daniel model. Remenber the Kara will seeing is not the original one because that one is dead. We still don't know what the new Kara really is.

dragon22a

[7]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 32

I agree with kara being daniel. Ellen said that Daniels genetic code was corrupted by Cavil. it is possible that this corruption turned Daniel from man to woman and into Kara.

Not to mention Ellen mentioned that Daniel was an artist and we have seen that as far back as she can remember, kara has been artistic, sometimes even finding herself painting for no reason and painting things that she has seen in visions.

dragon755

[8]Feb 13, 2009
    Plus in the OTS starbuck was a man. But i think this is an easy way out

alllstarz

[9]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 4

I see no one has brought this point up but.

what about daniel being Kara's father. In the series we know her mom but nothing is really said about her dad. Her mom always preached to her about her destiny and how she had ot be tough. It would seem fitting the "daniel" explained it to starbucks mother prior to his death.

The KEY line is the John corrupted his COPIES not the ORIGINAL model.

Cartman86

[10]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 10

It can't be Daniel Graystone can it? If they are going to keep the series realistic in the sense of time (as in no time travel) then it can't be him.

I'm making up my own years by the way. But I hope you get the idea.

Year 0 - The Tribes of Kobol create Hybrids (I assume they also made toaster Cylon style models as well)

Year ~0 - The Hybrids (13th Tribe) seperate from the humans (The 12 colonies) and head for Earth

Year 400 - Hybrids begin to reproduce and stop using resurrection.

Year 900 - The Hybrids (13th Tribe) create their own Toaster style Cylons which rebel.

Year 1000 - War between Earth Hybrids and Cylons.

Year 1000 - The final five (Earth Hybirds) rediscover resurrection

Year 1000 - Cylons destroy Hybrids along with the planet (Earth)

Year 1000 - The final 5 leave Earth (by resurrection) for the 12 colonies to warn them about creating AI.

Year 2000 - Located on the 12 Colonies Daniel Graystone creates toaster style Cylons.

Year 2010 - 1st Cylon War. Toasters created by Graystone rebel

Year 2010 - The final 5 arrive at the 12 colonies. They are too late as war has begun.

Year 2011 - The final 5 give the Cylons the ability to become hybirds and resurrection tech in exchange for the war to stop.

Year 2012 - Caval is among the first of the 8 humonoid models created by the Final 5. He becomes angry and boxes the 7 line (Daniel) among other things.

Year 2012 - Caval boxes the final 5 in preperation for them to witness the evils of humanity many years later.

Year 2012 - Colonal Tigh is unboxed with fake memories and put within the 12 colonies along with Ellen a little while later.

Year 2013 - 1st Cylon War ends.

Years 2020-2035 - Tyrol, Anders and Tory (maybe other Cylons like Boomer as well) are unboxed and placed within 12 colonies.

Year 2050 - 2nd Cylon War begins. Battlestar Galactica the show as we know it takes place. The toaster Cylons (along with the now 7 models) return and whipe out the 12 colonies

Years 2050-2055 - The rest of the show

The 8 models (including Model 7 "Daniel") are created over 10 years AFTER Daniel Graystone was alive. How would be be able to create himself?

Unless something crazy happens with the final 5 episodes involving Starbuck I don't think it can be Daniel Graystone...

That being said why would they make #7's name Daniel? It would just cause confusion for no reason. The writer's did it for a reason. They either named him Daniel because it would be a cool cooincidence, #7 was modeled after the real Daniel Graystone, or Daniel Graystone is actually #7. I'm curious if he is how it all makes sense...

Edited on 02/14/2009 12:01am
    Edited 4 total times.

dragon755

[11]Feb 14, 2009
    Cartman86 wrote:

It can't be Daniel Graystone can it? If they are going to keep the series realistic in the sense of time (as in no time travel) then it can't be him.

I'm making up my own years by the way. But I hope you get the idea.

Year 0 - The Tribes of Kobol create Hybrids (I assume they also made toaster Cylon style models as well)

Year ~0 - The Hybrids (13th Tribe) seperate from the humans (The 12 colonies) and head for Earth

Year 400 - Hybrids begin to reproduce and stop using resurrection.

Year 900 - The Hybrids (13th Tribe) create their own Toaster style Cylons which rebel.

Year 1000 - War between Earth Hybrids and Cylons.

Year 1000 - The final five (Earth Hybirds) rediscover resurrection

Year 1000 - Cylons destroy Hybrids along with the planet (Earth)

Year 1000 - The final 5 leave Earth (by resurrection) for the 12 colonies to warn them about creating AI.

Year 2000 - Located on the 12 Colonies Daniel Graystone creates toaster style Cylons.

Year 2010 - 1st Cylon War. Toasters created by Graystone rebel

Year 2010 - The final 5 arrive at the 12 colonies. They are too late as war has begun.

Year 2011 - The final 5 give the Cylons the ability to become hybirds and resurrection tech in exchange for the war to stop.

Year 2012 - Caval is among the first of the 8 humonoid models created by the Final 5. He becomes angry and boxes the 7 line (Daniel) among other things.

Year 2012 - Caval boxes the final 5 in preperation for them to witness the evils of humanity many years later.

Year 2012 - Colonal Tigh is unboxed with fake memories and put within the 12 colonies along with Ellen a little while later.

Year 2013 - 1st Cylon War ends.

Years 2020-2035 - Tyrol, Anders and Tory (maybe other Cylons like Boomer as well) are unboxed and placed within 12 colonies.

Year 2050 - 2nd Cylon War begins. Battlestar Galactica the show as we know it takes place. The toaster Cylons (along with the now 7 models) return and whipe out the 12 colonies

Years 2050-2055 - The rest of the show

The 8 models (including Model 7 "Daniel") are created over 10 years AFTER Daniel Graystone was alive. How would be be able to create himself?

Unless something crazy happens with the final 5 episodes involving Starbuck I don't think it can be Daniel Graystone...

That being said why would they make #7's name Daniel? It would just cause confusion for no reason. The writer's did it for a reason. They either named him Daniel because it would be a cool cooincidence, #7 was modeled after the real Daniel Graystone, or Daniel Graystone is actually #7. I'm curious if he is how it all makes sense...

John was created in the image of Ellen's father. who is to say that daniel wasn't created the same.

Cartman86

[12]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 10
    True, and GROSS!!!!

Morgalad13

[13]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 13
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I thought it was obvious that Daniel is Baltar. The moment Anders spoke about head-people I immediately concluded that Baltar has to be the seventh cylon. It really makes sense, because that way the 6 in Baltar's head and the 7 in Caprica's head are explained very easily.
    Edited on 02/14/2009 2:55am

eater11

[14]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 18
    I think that Starbuck Has to be involved someway, due Artist thing and all the other Starbuck mysteries. Maybe Daniel was her father, our he is the Virtual entities.
    Edited on 02/14/2009 3:47am

wounds

[15]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 24
    Daniel could easily be mistaken with Danielle.
    Edited on 02/14/2009 6:53am

guyroy1971

[16]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    I like the Daniel is Starbuck's father theory. It would explain everything nicely. She inhereited resurrection from her father, which is why she came back. Still can't explain the new ship she came in though. It was a clue when Ellen said Cavil destroyed the copies of Daniel. That implies he became a one-off copy who died and could not resurrect. The timeline fits with him being Starbuck's father.

hazelnut144

[17]Feb 14, 2009
    My first though was Kara's father too, and that is possible. As for Greystone, I don't have a good enough idea about what happens in Caprica yet to relate it to what we are seeing here. The name does make sense though. As for it being Kara, I think we are too late in the show for them to be throwing away red herrings left right and centre. If it was Kara, they would have said it. She asked. Anders REMEMBERED Daniel. He would have told Kara if it were her.

lunachan01

[18]Feb 14, 2009
    It could be that starbuck real name is Danielle or that Daniel is starbuks father and she was the first human/cylon hybrid.

wedgeantilles54

[19]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 12

The names that are used in this episode are the names that Ellen and the others gave the cylon skinjobs not nesscarily the names we know them by so its kinda hard to speculate as to how they fit into things based on what we know right now, but i expect further revelations will come that will make things clearer and might reveal the reasons why cavil did what he did, personally i i think he messed up the daniel model to keep it from adovacting reconsilation with the humans or something like that.

Daxx00004

[20]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 9
    lunachan01 wrote:
    It could be that starbuck real name is Danielle or that Daniel is starbuks father and she was the first human/cylon hybrid.

That Daniel was Starbuck's father makes the most sense to me. I was thinking that she could be Tigh's daughter but this makes more sense.