Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Daniel (spoiler from "No Exit")

hazelnut144

[41]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    I did think of six being somewhat based off Ellen, which led me to think of how smug the advocates of "Ellen is just an older version of Six" would be. But that aside, it is a possibility, one that might even be acknowledged in the show. But I think that trying to relate all the seven (or eight) skinjobs to the five is a bit of a stretch. We don't know everything about what their lives were like before. If Ellen hadn't told us that Cavil (or John) was based off of her father, we wouldn't have known. For all we know, D'Anna is based off Ellen's sister. Or Leoban is a member of Sam's band. Or Doral was Tory's ex. Or Simon was Tigh's doctor. I'm just making up relations here, but my point is we can't know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tguedry82

[42]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 9

hazelnut144 wrote:
    Jeric-Ho wrote:
    I also think that it would be good if Six and Tigh's baby was Daniel, As the final 5 created the 8 Cylon models, it could be possible that Tigh has the 'Daniel Gene' in his DNA and he can procreate with another Cylon and birth any of the 8 models, call it a form of early resurrection if you will, and his and Six's baby may possibly be a Daniel model. He may be boxed but can be created from being born again from a final 5 and any other Cylon. And there does seem to be something important about the baby and why else would they include the baby kicking scene i wonder?
    This might just be me being morbid, or just having watched too much of this show, but I have a pretty good feeling that the baby is going to serve as some kind of catalyst for something to do with Caprica when it gets killed. That scene was just way too happy for BSG. You never see anyone that happy without something horrible happening to them. Either that or I've been watching too much Joss Whedon....

I def have a fear that something will end up happening to the baby, but I really don't think it will be Ellen. Not after seeing the "real" Cylon Ellen. She seems to be pretty grounded, and I think she will totally understand Tigh's connection with the Six and she will probably see the baby as a miracle as well. I personally think that flipped out nurse is gonna be the one that hurts the baby! I don't know if it's just me noticing her, but the one who so coldly told Starbuck that Anders wasn't in there, and she just had this evil look about her when they were doing the ultra-sound during "A Disquiet Follows My Soul". I just have this feeling that she's up to something. Either that or she's just got some horrible bedside manner for cylons!

hazelnut144

[43]Feb 18, 2009
    I noticed that a bit with Ishay too. She was acting a little creepy. I agree that I doubt Ellen would do anything. After all, she had no problem with Tigh killing her. I just think that something will definitely happen to the baby. Plus something has to get Caprica and Baltar back together so that they can kidnap Hera in the opera house or something.

scififan12921

[44]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    My memory may be foggy-wasn't Ishay the one that had to operate and save Adama after he was shot? She may be harboring some ill will as far back as that. I hope I'm wrong about Ellen, I'm thinking of it from the "other" Ellen's view(before she was resurrected), that Ellen would have freaked right out.

AndreasOS

[45]Feb 19, 2009
    dragon755 wrote:

slowblink wrote:
    kara is dead, so the one we have now must be a cylon. ... and she glowed during Anders' last moments of lucidity. The facility orbiting earth must house either daniel, another Ellen or both. That is the only way to explain karas return.

Um did we get any indication if this floating station is still in existence on the Earth when the Colonials got there?

I think that ressurection facility that was originally in Earth Orbit was the vessel that the Final Five travelled back to the Colonies on. It is probably now somewhere on the Cylon side of the Armistice Line, was salvaged to complement, or, is Ellens "Lab".

ebony_kunoichi

[46]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 13
    maybe leoben and daniel were lovers? wouldnt that be a mind frak?

ashkerin

[47]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 4

My theory is that Kara and Baltar are both forms of Daniel created when the embronyic fluid was contaminated. It would explain why they both have had such a strong connection to the cylons and the visions they had to do with earth and the 13th tribe. As well as why a dead Kara was found on Earth.

Although Daniel being Kara's father would also make sense.

MetaLuna

[48]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 5
    Kara is half cylon, and Baltar's head 6 is just a projection. Aren't the sixes really good at projection?

hazelnut144

[49]Feb 20, 2009
    Cylons don't project on other people. They project their own surroundings, but only they see them. Baltar's visions of Six and his house etc. DO seem like projection, but I would assume this simply means that humans can project too. After all, it is just a very powerful form of imagination.

martymcflyjb

[50]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 10
    Cartman86 wrote:

Year 2010 - 1st Cylon War. Toasters created by Graystone rebel

Year 2010 - The final 5 arrive at the 12 colonies. They are too late as war has begun.

Year 2011 - The final 5 give the Cylons the ability to become hybirds and resurrection tech in exchange for the war to stop.

Year 2012 - Caval is among the first of the 8 humonoid models created by the Final 5. He becomes angry and boxes the 7 line (Daniel) among other things.

Year 2012 - Caval boxes the final 5 in preperation for them to witness the evils of humanity many years later.

Year 2012 - Colonal Tigh is unboxed with fake memories and put within the 12 colonies along with Ellen a little while later.

It may be too early to pinpoint Greystone in the timeline, as we know so little about "Caprica", but you may have unearthed a plothole.

How could Tigh have fought alongside Adama in the First Cylon War if the Five only arrived during that and presumably didn't create John/Cavil and subsequently get murdered until well after the truce?

scififan12921

[51]Feb 20, 2009
    martymcflyjb wrote:
    Cartman86 wrote:

Year 2010 - 1st Cylon War. Toasters created by Graystone rebel

Year 2010 - The final 5 arrive at the 12 colonies. They are too late as war has begun.

Year 2011 - The final 5 give the Cylons the ability to become hybirds and resurrection tech in exchange for the war to stop.

Year 2012 - Caval is among the first of the 8 humonoid models created by the Final 5. He becomes angry and boxes the 7 line (Daniel) among other things.

Year 2012 - Caval boxes the final 5 in preperation for them to witness the evils of humanity many years later.

Year 2012 - Colonal Tigh is unboxed with fake memories and put within the 12 colonies along with Ellen a little while later.

It may be too early to pinpoint Greystone in the timeline, as we know so little about "Caprica", but you may have unearthed a plothole.

How could Tigh have fought alongside Adama in the First Cylon War if the Five only arrived during that and presumably didn't create John/Cavil and subsequently get murdered until well after the truce?

Adama met Tigh after the war when he was out of the fleet. He tells Tigh when he meets him he wants to get back in. I'm thinking Tigh's memories of being in the fleet were either implanted or there was a human Tigh that died in the war and our Tigh took his place.

martymcflyjb

[52]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 10
    Oh okay. I was thinking their friendship went back to the first cylon war, but I guess I should have checked that before I accused RDM of a major mistake.