Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Did anyone else notice?

ualleverybody

[1]Feb 12, 2006
    • level: 10
    When Billy was shot, and lying on the ground, for one second there was a weird change in music that didn't quite seem to fit the scene
    possible indication of Billy being a sleeper?
    I'm probably overanalyzing things
    I like Billy, and I was sorry that they killed him off, but he is in a good position to be a sleeper?
    SO am I crazy or what?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

heavensblade

[2]Feb 12, 2006
    • level: 8
    I am assuming you mean he was a cylon sleeper agent? If so:

He could have been a sleeper agent but the fact that the actor playing him wants to leave the show suggest that if he was, he isn't anymore. Since there are only 13 (iirc) human cylons, I don't think they (the producers) will 'waste' one of those limit cylon slot on Billy.

JeronimoJackson

[3]Feb 12, 2006
    • level: 1
    I've been wondering if Billy was a sleeper ever since I saw the extras on the Season 2.0 DVD. They showed a deleted scene where Roslin had a nightmare that Billy was trying to kill her. It takes place right before she wakes up in her cell, and then starts muttering to herself just as Ellen Tigh walks in and decides Roslin is crazy.

BisquickDynamo

[4]Feb 12, 2006
    • level: 2
    huh... interesting.

I think it was weird how it looked like he was shot in the shoulder/chest area and yet he apparenlty died instantly unlike Apollow who was shot in the same spot and seemed to be rather alright.

FrakkingFrakker

[5]Feb 12, 2006
    • level: 28
    The shot on Billy looked a lot lower to me. I thought it was a stomach/chest shot.

But I'll be rewatching the episode, so I'll keep an eye out for that.

sith909

[6]Feb 12, 2006
    Lee appeared to have been shot in the upper right side of his chest seemingly missing his lung. While Billy was shot in the left side of his chest hitting him directly in the heart it seemed.

Freeman79

[7]Feb 12, 2006
    • level: 11
    heavensblade wrote:
    I am assuming you mean he was a cylon sleeper agent? If so:

He could have been a sleeper agent but the fact that the actor playing him wants to leave the show suggest that if he was, he isn't anymore. Since there are only 13 (iirc) human cylons, I don't think they (the producers) will 'waste' one of those limit cylon slot on Billy.

Did he(Paul Campbell) want to leave the show? I never read anything about that. He could have been the president one day in that show.

sith909

[8]Feb 13, 2006
    The Exec Producers mr. Moore says on the commentary that he had bigger and better opportunities and that him going back and forth between the show and those opportunities was becoming too inconvenient so they decided to let him go.

psadle

[9]Feb 13, 2006
    • level: 14
    I thought billy might be a sleeper and considering that in 2 weeks time the cylon perspective episode airs... Could billy be the re-birthed cylon?

mermayd

[10]Feb 14, 2006
    • level: 19
    sith909 wrote:
    The Exec Producers mr. Moore says on the commentary that he had bigger and better opportunities and that him going back and forth between the show and those opportunities was becoming too inconvenient so they decided to let him go.

Like what? I've not seen him in anything else. I did think that the actor looks alot like someone who is in Titanic but IMDB says no.

123home123

[11]Feb 15, 2006
    • level: 55
    He has a minor role in Al Pacino's next movie "88 Minutes." Interestingly, Leah Cairns (who plays "Racetrack") also has a minor role in the movie, which was filmed in Vancouver.

Paul Campbell, the actor who plays Billy, wrote his own bio on his IMDb page. Nothing inspiring, but it's different than most bios. Actually, it's more like a classified ad from someone seeking work.

JeronimoJackson

[12]Feb 16, 2006
    • level: 1
    ^
    LOL yeah I always liked the part about the 1479 coffees. He seems like a cool guy; hope he has a successful career.

Jericho34

[13]Feb 17, 2006
    • level: 6
    As for the music, there was a slight change- what sounded like a vocal chorus came through in addition to the drum beat- to me it signaled an important loss more than cylon infiltration... but, you never know, right?