Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "A Day in the Life" (2/18/07 episode) (spoilers)

dj_osiris

[41]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    I'm just watching this episode now for the first time.  Am I crazy?  Was Starbuck sleeping in the same bed as Adama in the opening scene?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gabfan31

[42]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 100
    If you're crazy, then so am I, because I thought I was hallucinating when I watched that bit. I don't know which I would prefer, someone telling me that yes, she was indeed there, or no, you're imagining things. The idea of Starbuck in Adama's bed seems incestuous to me, and I really don't go for all the bed hopping, anyways. But I guess it would be a bit funny seeing as how Tigh saw her there! 

123home123

[43]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 55
    I thought it was a flashback of Adama's wife, Carolanne.

copygeek

[44]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 13

gabfan31 wrote:
    If you're crazy, then so am I, because I thought I was hallucinating when I watched that bit. I don't know which I would prefer, someone telling me that yes, she was indeed there, or no, you're imagining things. The idea of Starbuck in Adama's bed seems incestuous to me, and I really don't go for all the bed hopping, anyways. But I guess it would be a bit funny seeing as how Tigh saw her there! 

Actually, I thought it was Caprica Six. I was like, "WTF??" I thought we finally had proof that Adama was a Cylon! But, I quickly realized it was supposed to be his ex-wife.

gabfan31

[45]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 100
    I knew it was crazy, but I really thought it was her until they introduced the character of his wife. Then I figured it had to be her until somebody made the same observation as me above. It is a relief that it wasn't Starbuck, though. I wouldn't put it past her, but I really can't see him do it!

MichaudMR

[46]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 17

At first glance I thought it was Lucy Lawless, but what really creeped me out was the way Saul gave Adama's bed such a quizzical look even though it was clearly empty when they cut to it again. It's as if his missing eye could see into Bill's imagination. 

It also looks like the producers favor the theatrical device of the "imaginary character" to show internal dialogue, which gives us a clue to the nature of the Baltar / Caprica Six duo.