Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Battlestar Galactica: The Plan" (spoilers up to S4)

MrBovineOrdure

[21]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 6

I was largly disappointed. For the most part, it felt like a clip-show. Yes it was interesting to see some of the behind-the-scenes of how the Cylons dealt with the imperfect destruction of mankind and the fact that the base ships can rotate their two halves into an attack mode.

I was hoping more for the story of the final five arriving on the warring Cylons 40 years ago, convincing them to stop the war, develop their "Children" and then how Cavil became the demented sum-b*tch he is and got the upper hand then formulated his plan.

I will say; I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!! They DID show who the six was talking to on Caprica when she said "It's about time you arrived". My argument there was that as a writer, you don't leave a "Gun on the mantle" scene that big without the reveal. I *REALLY* liked that part.

mr BO

Edited on 10/27/2009 5:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aidorrocks

[22]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 10
    i was a bit disappointed too. i was expecting more scenes from the cylons leading up to the attack, stuff with the original 5 & generally more behind the scenes stuff. what i seemed to get was a film of extended scenes from the show. i still enjoyed it, seeing the contrast in the cavils at the end was good. but i wasn't really impressed overall.

wedgeantilles54

[23]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 12

So the cavils knw about the final five all along?
    it also explains alot about why they seemed interested in stopping Dinnia from finding out about them.

my1sunshine

[24]Dec 1, 2009
    I thought it was awesome. I never expecte any new and major revelations. It was exactly what they said it would be, so I wasn't disapointed. The destruction of the colonies was amazing!

alfridavella

[25]Dec 8, 2009
    For me still left alot of missing clues and not alot of answers that i expecting from this movie. I wanted to know why Starbuck was different but still i havent recieved my answer maybe they decide to do another movie. This movie with or without it it the same in the end very disappointed ;9

tjaman

[26]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 32
    I guess a couple perspectives I'd have enjoyed seeing was the Plan as regards human/cylon hookups. No.1 seemed to have nothing but contempt for them, suggesting they were never part of the Plan, but people were having prophetic visions about them so they seemed to be part of _some_ plan.

I thought it was good but it could've been better -- particularly if there'd been some additional discussion as to _whose_ Plan it was and how it changed, as it changed, if it changed, if you're hearing me.

dragon755

[27]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 7

im way too late for this.... haha oh well

i only just saw the plan. Admittedly after hearing some bad reviews for it.

But i have to say i loved 'the plan'. My three favourite points/themes were 1) The truth about boomer and the possibility that she may have had a spilt personality thing going on.

2) The idea that all of these cyclon attacks from the first season were directly affected by the feelings and wishes of cyclons. for machines they are awfully human...

3) The differenece between the cavill models. For what is... essentially.. the satan of the show it was great seeing a cavill that was actually open to the idea of caring about something then place him next to a model that has nothing but comtempt for humans and love adn etc.....

As a fan of BSG it was a great way to come back to the series one more time after it had ended so long ago