Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - BSG: The Resistance (spoilers) Sept. 5 to Oct. 5

Are you planning to watch the Web series?

trackstarbuck

[81]Sep 11, 2006
    • level: 10
    why was my message daleted? i just was wondering why u try to piss me off. it IS true!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DocMartigan

[82]Sep 11, 2006
    • level: 5
    123home123 wrote:
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    WHERE IS STARBUCK!?

I've read that the Webisodes will feature some of the minor characters. Jammer and Duck have had many of the lines so far. We might see other secondary characters like Hot Dog. (Where did he disappear to? Bodie Olmos is Edward's son so it's surprising to see him fade away completely.)

I figured it would be like this. Bigger actors having the most screen time would mean it would be pretty costly. I don't think they would want to spend that much on web only episodes that a select few will probably watch.

123home123

[83]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 55
    Well, it looks like there will be NO main actors in the Webisodes. None of the primary cast members will appear in the Web series at all. These are the 7 actors who are named in the opening credits in the regular episodes (Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Grace Park, Katee Sackhoff and Tricia Helfer).

Im2Crazy4U

[84]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 51
    123home123 wrote:
    Well, it looks like there will be NO main actors in the Webisodes.

Works for me ... I'm glad they're not. Then you won't get people watching just because they're there. Now they'll watch to learn and meet people they may have missed previously.

thorvath

[85]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 6

they only take a couple of  minutes to watch, they are there to hype season 3, and they are free. 

seems like a no-brainer to me

24Titan

[86]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 13
    Was I the only one who was surprised by the end of Episode Four?  I didn't really expect Nora to wind up dead, you know?

MarkoH01

[87]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 4
    mikecanada wrote:
    all of the videos that got uploaded onto that site got taken down for copyright infringement

Wow - that's cool! I can't see it on the official site because I don't live in USA and I can't see it on other sites because of the damn copyright - great!

Hope there's nothing important that I'll miss.

123home123

[88]Sep 15, 2006
    MarkoH01 wrote:
    mikecanada wrote:
    all of the videos that got uploaded onto that site got taken down for copyright infringement

Wow - that's cool! I can't see it on the official site because I don't live in USA and I can't see it on other sites because of the damn copyright - great!

The Web episodes are mildly interesting at best but not nearly as good as the regular episodes are. Each one is so short that there isn't much time to develop anything.

123home123

[89]Sep 15, 2006
    The Web series is an unmistakeable hit, according to Sci Fi. Parts 1 and 2 generated 1.2 million streams in just one week. Hopefully many of these viewers are new to the show or people who began to lose interest last season. It would be nice to see audience viewership for Season 3 approach that of Season 1.

123home123

[90]Sep 22, 2006
    Finally a really good episode! Part 6 was very brief but it had a good speech from Tigh telling Jammer to shape up and toughen up or get out. This is the drama that we're used to seeing in the regular series.

They need to show more of Tigh and Tyrol and less of Jammer and Duck. Jammer really does come across as a crybaby. In all of these Webisodes, I get the impression that he just got out of his BMW after driving off the high school campus at Beverly Hills. On the other hand, Tigh seems like a grizzled old veteran. He looks scruffy and exhibits a fierce determination. Exactly what one would expect from an old soldier living under a harsh occupation.

123home123

[91]Oct 2, 2006
    PROGRAMMING NOTE-Part 9 of the Web series was posted on the Sci Fi site early. It became available today, Monday, at 12 noon EDT. Check it out!

wildwill

[92]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 8

The thing is that Jammer has LONG been suspected of being a cylon, and episodes 7 & 8 kind of debunk that.  OR DO THEY? 

I'm fine with what they are doing with this material, it's not stuff that would fly on broadcast television, and the net is the perfect place for this material.  And think about how much of New Caprica we're actually seeing, it's not like we'll get to see quite this much in Season 3, I don't think.

Plus it's a way to get the word out there, there are still a lot of people who haven't seen the light yet.  Besides SCI-Fi is pleased with the performance thus far.  Sure it's not integral to the overall storyline, more like a perk for the fans.

I for one say bring on more.

123home123

[93]Oct 2, 2006
    It looks like he's not a Cylon, but he is now becoming a collaborator. What a weasel! (Jammer, that is)

123home123

[94]Oct 2, 2006
    MarkoH01 wrote:
    mikecanada wrote:

Just a reminder: I've been writing up summaries and recaps for each part of the Web series. If you can't watch the Webisodes, at least you can read about them here: Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance (Web series).

trackstarbuck

[95]Oct 6, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    It looks like he's not a Cylon, but he is now becoming a collaborator. What a weasel! (Jammer, that is)

*barfs* it`s sickening! those evil collaborators are like..... well, our world leaders... sad....

123home123

[96]Oct 6, 2006
    Hey everyone, look for a mention of the recap for BSG: The Resistance on the main page of TV.com this weekend! It's going to be one of the featured recaps. (Yeah, I wrote it. Let me celebrate a little. )

Besides, you should be glad. It will get Battlestar Galactica additional exposure among the general TV.com viewership.
    Edited on 10/06/2006 9:14pm

trackstarbuck

[97]Oct 6, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    Hey everyone, look for a mention of the recap for BSG: The Resistance on the main page of TV.com this weekend! It's going to be one of the featured recaps. (Yeah, I wrote. Let me celebrate a little. )

Besides, you should be glad. It will get Battlestar Galactica additional exposure among the general TV.com viewership.

*cheers for home`s brilliant mind* yay!

123home123

[98]Oct 6, 2006
    Thanks!

trackstarbuck

[99]Oct 6, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    Thanks!

ur welcome! i`m soooo glad we have more to talk about now!