Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Crossroads, Part 1" (3/18/07 episode) (spoilers)

Invader_of_53

[41]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 7
    123home123 wrote:
    There are now FIVE new main cast members. The actors playing Gaeta, Tigh, Tyrol, Helo and Dee were added to the main cast. Previously they were just recurring stars.

Eh. Their names have always been listed before the guest stars. It just appears they are apart of the cast now only because they dropped the intro sequence for this episode. And why did they throw in Ryan Robbins as the co-star up there, by the way? Was he even in this episode?

Anyway, I found the episode very interesting. Watching it, I got the feeling that this was apart of something big looming. As someone said, Helo's comment about changing wheather was a good foreshadowing. I have a feeling that this finale is going to be huge. And yes, the teaser for the next episode did give a little too much away, not unless you can't distinguish whose voice that is.

With all said, I really am convinced that Tigh, Anders, and Tory are Cylons. Why else are they the only ones hearing that music? Tory's aggitated state at the press conference is indicating something. The only problem is that Tigh, I believe has a family that goes back before the creation of the first Cylons, so I'm waivering on that, but there's definitely something going on. At the very least, anyone have any theories on what the deal is with the music anyway? Didn't Number Three see the visions of the Final Five in a... opera house?

Speaking of her, I could have sworn I saw D'Anna's cameraman in one of the courtroom scenes, working a camera. Anyone else spot him, or is it just me?

In all, this was a excellent episode. Doesn't advance much, but it does a good deal of setting up. If the penultimate episode of the season is this gripping, then the finale is going to be frakking epic.

And I agree with the rest. It'll be too cheap if Lampkin turns out to be a Cylon. I think he's defending Baltar for some other agenda in mind.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

weirdaaron

[42]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 3
    I am qutie sad to see Lee losing so many friends/family, Dee, his Father, and now Roslyin... I kinda feel bad for him. I also would rather see him in the cockpit than in the court room, it just seems right.

123home123

[43]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 55
    Those five actors had been listed before other guest stars before, but they had never been listed in the opening titles along with the seven regular main stars. There's a difference. However, you may be correct about the listing in this episode being the result of the absence of the usual title sequence.

Ryan Robbins (Connor) appeared as the bartender at Joe's Bar. He had at least a few lines in that scene. I think he asked Tory what she wanted to drink.

It's possible that D'Anna's former cameraman was working at the trial behind a camera. He probably didn't know that D'Anna was a Cylon. He was shown as an activist left-wing, anti-government fellow in "Final Cut" so I doubt he was questioning D'Anna's identity too much. I don't think he would be a Cylon either since he disappeared from view after that initial appearance, except for possibly some other background appearances as in this episode (assuming that was really him).

boromirbeauty

[44]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 61
    Great episode. I think Dee over-reacted by leaving Lee, all that fuss just because he questioned Roslyn and got her to reveal her cancer had returned, he was doing a job. I am also wondering what is up with Tory, someone mentioned it before, but she was so out of sorts in this episode. And did anyone catch the look between her and Anders? One more episode and then we have to wait almost a year for new stuff - I can't take it!

alex20020712

[45]Mar 19, 2007
    dregj wrote:
    Anyone think his accent sucked and distracted from the plot?

I was distracted by the fact they were wearing a suit and a tie at the trial. I was just waiting for Denny Crane to show up. I can ignore the fact they speak in English, because this is filtered through the Hollywood Universal Translator, but when they show such obvious and distinctive things, they might as well turn the cameras and show the crew filming the episode. Even in a theater, there are no lights on the audience, so you can focus on the stage or screen and suspend your disbelief.

As for the radio, I am rather sure you cannot pick up a transmission light years away on a portable radio. You would need a powerful radiotelescope just to find a signal, and forget about hearing a song.

What about the legal system? Amazingly enough, they also managed to develop one that is almost exactly like the one we have in the United States today.

Now, more specifically about this episode, what would you have done in Baltar's place? He is obviously guilty of ordering the executions, but if the only choices are "surrender or die," Roslin would have done the same thing, and then she would have tried to find a way to fight back--that is what Baltar did not do, and would not do.

natemares

[46]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 5
    Well unless Baltar is going to leave the show he obviously isn't gonna be killed to we all know what is going to come of that.
        Im just hopping that the writers don't pull a bull crap move reveal the final 5 next week in the final seconds of the episode then next season (9 months away) they find out that they are not really all the final 5. Sci-Fi says the final 5 WILL be revealed they may just be talkin crap to make people watch it, as usual. I just want to finally see all the final 5 because a show like this can get really boring so I don't see it going on for years to come. So they might as well start revealing things if they tell us they are going to. Battlestar is Sci-Fi's most expensive show to make and if ratings slip to much I really don't want it ending in a crappy cliffhanger. If it does season 4 or 5 i just hope its a closing ending or left open for a movie or something, just not a crapping piss me off ending.

HankL

[47]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 18
    Here's a different take:  What if Tigh, Tyrol, Tory, Foster and Anders AREN'T the Final Five Cylons, but are the Five chosen Priests from the Temple of Jupiter and have been blessed by the gods with some kind of Premonition or Vision?  This is something that I kept on thinking about last night--it just seems *too convenient* to make them the Final Five Cylons and in fact, that may be a red herring leading up to what I think might be the case!

tripping82

[48]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 14

Did anyone else notice Helo's reaction where Roslin was on the stand and explained the Hera cured her cancer?  It looked like he didn't know about that and seemed a little angry.

AprilFox

[49]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 109
    Excellent episode love Mark Shepherd as Lampkin (Is this the role that Eddie Izzard was set to play and had to bow out due to other obligations, namely "The Riches"?), his scenes were mesmerizing actually quite like Baltar. It really freaked me out how these people believe Baltar to be a GOD. Very scary. I'm so glad I didn't read any SPOILERS! IMO it really takes away from the episode. I was devastated that Roslin's cancer was back and that Lee sunk to such levels to expose her Kamal use. I think it kind of backfired on them anyways. Tigh is really losing it and as for the song, it reminds me of an old episode of Amazing Stories or Twilight Zone (not sure) about sound traveling around in outer space until that sound is caught by a passing ship, not quite sure about which show but that's what it reminded of. Definitely waiting for next week's episode (no I won't peek at spoilers, even though I want too

dezigner4web

[50]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 17

AprilFox wrote:
    It really freaked me out how these people believe Baltar to be a GOD.

Notice Baltar's uncanny resemblence to Jesus right now at the end of S3?

dezigner4web

[51]Mar 19, 2007

HankL wrote:
    Here's a different take:  What if Tigh, Tyrol, Tory, Foster and Anders AREN'T the Final Five Cylons, but are the Five chosen Priests from the Temple of Jupiter and have been blessed by the gods with some kind of Premonition or Vision?  This is something that I kept on thinking about last night--it just seems *too convenient* to make them the Final Five Cylons and in fact, that may be a red herring leading up to what I think might be the case!

I thought that too.

Regarding the final 5. What happens when a Cylon is boxed up, or the whole line boxed up? Is it possible that is what the final 5 might be? Old lines boxed up that once were walking around and fracked up the master plan and got boxed?

Also, were the human models of the Cylons genetically copied from a real human? Meaning, could there be an original human copy of the models we see being held somewhere?

RizNYC

[52]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 5
    dezigner4web wrote:

AprilFox wrote:
    It really freaked me out how these people believe Baltar to be a GOD.

Notice Baltar's uncanny resemblence to Jesus right now at the end of S3?

LOL. Or pehaps a European rendering of Jesus? I can assure you that Jesus looked much closer to Tory's brother than Baltar. But I digress.... I think Baltar was not in a "no win situation." Why? Because the Cylons were telling him to work for them? The humans had been resisting the Cylons for the entire series! Baltar was not concerned with the human cause anymore. As President he was getting high and drunk and sleeping with honeys. Even if he agreed to work for the Cylons he could have worked secretly against them. Or just escaped. He had numerous opportunities to leave. It was not like they had him in a cage. Additionally, at the point where he was actually sanctioning executions he was a full-fledged traitor.

So I can say that while I do sympathize with Baltar, I certainly do not empathize with him. He was a traitor and a coward and a genocidal murderer to boot. I still have a huge problem with Geata not being a witness though. That’s really, really week. And on the point about the Final 5, I don’t think Tigh is a Cylon. I could be 100% WRONG (I have not seen any spoilers) but it seems like that has to be a huge, intentional red herring in the preview by the producers. They seem far too savvy to just drop a huge revelation like that in a season finale teaser. I do like the idea of Starbuck becoming some sort of spiritual being. It’s just too bad that we’ll never have the good ole Starbuck again if that’s the case. But since so much of the show deals with evolution of the species I guess it could be her turn.

vinan

[53]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 13
    I just caught the episode and came onto this site to view some rather harsh reviews for the episode.  I found it the complete opposite.  I was engrossed in the court room battle and the whole episode did have the "calm before the storm" feeling to it.  I really cant wait for next week, hope it tops last year.

chismaneric

[54]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 3
    And now next week is the final episode. Anyone agree with me that season 3 is the worst yet? If this
    goes on for a few more episodes in season 4, I'll say goodbye and good riddance to this series.

Chainblast

[55]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 6
    Great episode. I think the quality and importance of it, much like "The Son Also Rises" and "Maelstrom", will rest on what happens in "Crossroads, Part 2" and how big the payoff is. A lot of stuff has been building.

dezigner4web

[56]Mar 19, 2007
    RizNYC wrote:
    ... that we’ll never have the good ole Starbuck again if that’s the case. But since so much of the show deals with evolution of the species I guess it could be her turn.

Really though. What did we really see. She's in the fighter and then it blows. Who's to say she didn't jump out and she's alive on a surface below. She was dropping fast. Really fast. I mean she could have been close to ground.

ScnJedi

[57]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 6

chismaneric wrote:
    And now next week is the final episode. Anyone agree with me that season 3 is the worst yet? If this
    goes on for a few more episodes in season 4, I'll say goodbye and good riddance to this series.

Nope. I think season 3 is the best yet, and I'm really looking forward to season 4.

:
    Really though. What did we really see. She's in the fighter and then it blows. Who's to say she didn't jump out and she's alive on a surface below. She was dropping fast. Really fast. I mean she could have been close to ground.

I think it's fair to say that if the atmosphere could crush a viper, a person in an ejector seat wouldn't stand a chance.

Edited on 03/19/2007 1:58pm

dezigner4web

[58]Mar 19, 2007

chismaneric wrote:

No. I think S3 is better than S2. I didn't like the way it started, but after they left New Caprica, I thought it rocked.

ivanveta

[59]Mar 19, 2007
    dezigner4web wrote:

chismaneric wrote:

No. I think S3 is better than S2. I didn't like the way it started, but after they left New Caprica, I thought it rocked.

agree with you i do because the end of season 2 was worst ever... and many tough it would suck the season 3 but it rock !!! and i have a question... i heard about a movie BSG can u tell where is gonna come out and is gonna be the story after season 3?

trip31

[60]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 12

weirdaaron wrote:
    I am qutie sad to see Lee losing so many friends/family, Dee, his Father, and now Roslyin... I kinda feel bad for him. I also would rather see him in the cockpit than in the court room, it just seems right.

The fleet is in serious trouble without Lee, if anything happens to the old man Helo is in unchallenged military command. I think even Tigh would do a better job.

Gaeta: XO DRADIS contact, 4 Cylon basestars CBDR, do we launch the alert fighters?
    Helo: uuummmmm, not this time I don't think they'll attack
    Gaeta: With all due respect sir they have launched fighters and are hardly considered friendy!
    Helo: Have you noticed my wife is really, really hot. She gets made when we take out a few toasters. Let's try and be friends

tripping82 wrote:

Did anyone else notice Helo's reaction where Roslin was on the stand and explained the Hera cured her cancer?  It looked like he didn't know about that and seemed a little angry.

He was in sickbay when the blood was taken, but who the hell knows what he pays attention to anymore!!