Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Daybreak, Pt. 2 & 3" (3/20/09) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

h00plah

[21]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 10
    Absolutely fantastic finish to the series. It simply couldn't have been any better, but the ending made absolutely no sense. Baltar survived 150,000 years? Or was he a cylon all along?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Plau85

[22]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 3
    The eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend

MajLorne

[23]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 21
    And now the show is finished
    What a great way to end it tying things back to our earth. Ron Moore, you and your fellow co-workers have done a magnificent job. Hats off to you and an excellent finale. An ending that's clean and no loose ends left behind.

I was kinda disappointed the ships were all flown into the sun, but at least it did go out in a blaze of glory. I was kinda expecting them to gut the ships for homes much like what they did on new caprica, but that's just a minor nitpick.

kokonut1971

[24]Mar 20, 2009
    I am sad that the show has ended. The last show was good but there are way too many unresolved plotholes that are still nagging me...

like who was Kara? really?

Why was Hera that important and how did she come up with the FTL solution? where did she get it?

Why was Kara playing the song on the piano...

Some stuff like that going unanswered leaves me unfullfilled...

The end was too convenient in some way and it feels you end up nowhere and wonder why you even watched the series...like i said you are left unfufilled because of too many unanswered question.

MajLorne

[25]Mar 20, 2009
    h00plah wrote:
    Absolutely fantastic finish to the series. It simply couldn't have been any better, but the ending made absolutely no sense. Baltar survived 150,000 years? Or was he a cylon all along?
    That was head Baltar and head caprica giving us [the viewers] their take on humanity in the far future [our present].

Plau85

[26]Mar 20, 2009
    h00plah wrote:

Wasn't those "dream" Baltar and Number 6, aye!

Debml

[27]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 6

Goodbye BSG, we'll all miss you...

Awesome ending for an awesome show, btw, what the hell happened to starbuck?!

MajLorne

[28]Mar 20, 2009
    kokonut1971 wrote:
    I am sad that the show has ended. The last show was good but there are way too many unresolved plotholes that are still nagging me...

like who was Kara? really?

Why was Hera that important and how did she come up with the FTL solution? where did she get it?

Why was Kara playing the song on the piano...

Some stuff like that going unanswered leaves me unfullfilled...

The end was too convenient in some way and it feels you end up nowhere and wonder why you even watched the series...like i said you are left unfufilled because of too many unanswered question.
    The notes of the song she played had numbers and she used those numbers to input the jump coordinates. it was very important.

firedrakes

[29]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 13
    she was like a guiding light for the werea travler

wedgeantilles54

[30]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 12

WOW was a great ending to the series

I have to say that Baltar's I see angels line to cavil was great and then the whole that was all god expected of us and the look of shock on the real baltar and caprica six's faces when the head vversions told them that and that gods plan was incomplete

and then the very end with head baltar and six had me laughing a bit

h00plah

[31]Mar 20, 2009
    MajLorne wrote:
    h00plah wrote:
    That was head Baltar and head caprica giving us [the viewers] their take on humanity in the far future [our present].

Oh, okay. But what the hell happened to the rest of the cylons? I mean the entire colony is still out there, the moment they realize where the real "Earth" is, they'll launch yet another attack. Or wait, the reason why there cannot be another season of Battlestar Galactica is because the new chapters of the series are taking place today, in our own society. You know what, no show, no book or movie has ever tied their entire story into modern times.

I'm probably going to buy the Caprica pilot when it's released in stores, but I don't really see much more use of seeing the past of these characters. I mean, we've gotten all of our answers, everything has been wrapped up. So a prequel is almost completely unnecessary. Finally, the whole Kara Thrace leading humanity to their end, I'm fairly sure that the hybrid meant that she would lead humanity to the end of it's long voyage, to Earth. In the end Roslyn ended up fulfilling her destiny, too, she was the dying leader, but so was the Galactica. But the thing that I don't get, is how can anyone see her? It doesn't make any sense. Was she half-cylon half-human? We all know she actually died in that blast, but how did she suddenly re-appear in a new viper, and everyone was able to see and interact with her. Then all of a sudden, Apollo turns around, and she's gone. WHAT THE FRACK? RON MOORE, YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ' TO DO!

john_e_gold

[32]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    Kara could have been an angel, a god, a shape shifting bird, a non-corporal alien, etc.etc. does it matter. Use your own imagination. One of the things I love about the story is there are some things that are best left unresolved.

alllstarz

[33]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 4
    the cylons which ones? they got destroyed when the colony got NUKED as for the centurions they are hoping they do not come back to seek revenge in a sign of good faith.

as for kara i do think she is an angel of sorts sort of like "head 6/baltar" It has a lot of holes I know (how can she pilot/feel/shoot etc) but it does fit esp. if you look at when anders said " i'll see you on the other side"

OffenderX

[34]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 7

What a wonderful ending to an incredible television series, it did not have me in tears like Babylon 5's "Sleeping in Light" but still a powerful ending. My favorite part was when the original theme music is playing very slowly as the fleet makes its final voyage into the sun.

As to who Kara is I think that she was maybe a Being of light like the original series she died and was sent back to guide humans and the cylons to "earth". Which means "dream" Baltar and "dream" Six are the people who inhabited the glowing city.

I also like how it ties into the myth that Ancient beings came from the stars and guided our planet to Civilization. Also tying it back to the original show with the "Lords of Kobal"

Just a few thoughts and I will have to re-watch the end again to get my head around the last 45 minutes, as there is a lot going on there.

guyroy1971

[35]Mar 20, 2009

h00plah wrote:
    MajLorne wrote:
    h00plah wrote:
    Oh, okay. But what the hell happened to the rest of the cylons? I mean the entire colony is still out there, the moment they realize where the real "Earth" is, they'll launch yet another attack. Or wait, the reason why there cannot be another season of Battlestar Galactica is because the new chapters of the series are taking place today, in our own society. You know what, no show, no book or movie has ever tied their entire story into modern times. I'm probably going to buy the Caprica pilot when it's released in stores, but I don't really see much more use of seeing the past of these characters. I mean, we've gotten all of our answers, everything has been wrapped up. So a prequel is almost completely unnecessary. Finally, the whole Kara Thrace leading humanity to their end, I'm fairly sure that the hybrid meant that she would lead humanity to the end of it's long voyage, to Earth. In the end Roslyn ended up fulfilling her destiny, too, she was the dying leader, but so was the Galactica. But the thing that I don't get, is how can anyone see her? It doesn't make any sense. Was she half-cylon half-human? We all know she actually died in that blast, but how did she suddenly re-appear in a new viper, and everyone was able to see and interact with her. Then all of a sudden, Apollo turns around, and she's gone. WHAT THE FRACK? RON MOORE, YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ' TO DO!

It was a fntastic ending! one of the best. To this poster, you just don't get it. Kara was brought back by "god" or whatever to lead them to this earth. She was dead. Once she led them there, she fufilled her part, which is why she disappeared. She was real to them until she fulfilled her destiny. She "led them all to their end", a new home on earth. Hera is the bridge that made human/cylon reproduction possible, so were all half cylons! lol The "head six/baltar" were angels all along. It gave a resolution to every character. Well done!

h00plah

[36]Mar 20, 2009
    alllstarz wrote:
    the cylons which ones? they got destroyed when the colony got NUKED as for the centurions they are hoping they do not come back to seek revenge in a sign of good faith.

as for kara i do think she is an angel of sorts sort of like "head 6/baltar" It has a lot of holes I know (how can she pilot/feel/shoot etc) but it does fit esp. if you look at when anders said " i'll see you on the other side"

When exactly did the cylon colony get nuked? When did I miss this? Also, the likeliness of the centurions returning is fairly high, but we'll be the first ones to know if they come back, when we see a damaged base star in the orbit of our planet, we're all dead. To think of Kara as an angel, that's the most reasonable explanation for it. I mean, we don't know what to believe in on this planet, so things like that can be possible if you believe. The people hating on this episode are the people that cannot appreciate pure genius when they see it. Perhaps in twenty years, this series will truly be appreciated, but until then, we all hold our own opinions, and mine, was that this episode kicked ass, that this finale did an excellent job of wrapping everything up in two hours. Bringing everything together. I can't describe how I felt when I saw the surface of the moon underneath the Galactica. I knew that we'd see the Earth we know today, but I was really hoping we wouldn't, simply because too many movies and tv shows have gone in the direction of people accidentally arriving on Earth. But, the fact that they arrived in the stone age, was perfect. Absolutely perfect. This finale, is historical.

hguoballidynnad

[37]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 1
    Wow. No complaints here. What a fantastic ending.

guyroy1971

[38]Mar 20, 2009

oh, and also, the cavil half of the cylons did not survive, they were nuked. The only cylon surviors were the centurions that the colonials freed. They went to find their own destiny. The colony was destroyed, and the cylons were killed.

eros777

[39]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 1
    i understand the poetry behind the episode and the finale of the series, but it left me very unsatisfied as a viewer. to many un answered questions (though im glad tory got what was coming for her). but over all it wasn't the ending i wanted.

guyroy1971

[40]Mar 20, 2009

h00plah wrote:
    alllstarz wrote:
    the cylons which ones? they got destroyed when the colony got NUKED as for the centurions they are hoping they do not come ck to seek revenge in a sign of good faith. as for kara i do think she is an angel of sorts sort of like "head 6/baltar" It has a lot of holes I know (how can she pilot/feel/shoot etc) but it does fit esp. if you look at when anders said " i'll see you on the other side"
    When exactly did the cylon colony get nuked? When did I miss this? Also, the likeliness of the centurions returning is fairly high, but we'll be the first ones to know if they come back, when we see a damaged base star in the orbit of our planet, we're all dead. To think of Kara as an angel, that's the most reasonable explanation for it. I mean, we don't know what to believe in on this planet, so things like that can be possible if you believe. The people hating on this episode are the people that cannot appreciate pure genius when they see it. Perhaps in twenty years, this series will truly be appreciated, but until then, we all hold our own opinions, and mine, was that this episode kicked ass, that this finale did an excellent job of wrapping everything up in two hours. Bringing everything together. I can't describe how I felt when I saw the surface of the moon underneath the Galactica. I knew that we'd see the Earth we know today, but I was really hoping we wouldn't, simply because too many movies and tv shows have gone in the direction of people accidentally arriving on Earth. But, the fact that they arrived in the stone age, was perfect. Absolutely perfect. This finale, is historical.

yes you missed it. The colony was nuked and the evil cylons bit the dust.