Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Deadlock" (spoilers) (2/20/09)

How would you rate this episode?

mialza

[61]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 14

scififan12921 wrote:
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    Tadanga wrote:
    On top of all the things already brought up by previous posts, I have to say that I was really struck in this episode as to Tricia Helfer's maturity as an actress. She came a long way from that half-naked blond and is now, I feel, as soulful a character on screen as any of the other seasoned actors. She and Ty are the revelations of this show. The other thing is the Cylon memorial wall. It was a great touch but I just don't remember so many Cylons dying since they joined up with the fleet. The only join active combat I remember is the taking down of the resurrection hub and that was never presented as the slaughter it would take to have close to 100 photos on that wall.
    They are not necessarily those that died since joining the fleet. There could have been some that died when the other resurrection ship was destroyed then there was the whole Baseship that died from disease.
    There are probably some that were killed when some ships resisted having cylon technology brought on board during the mutiny as well.

Remember, the baseship was already heavily damaged when it joined the fleet. It was the entire reason for the alliance in the first place. The rebel Cylons needed protection from Cavil. I think all of the Cylons on the wall are those who died since the beginning of the civil war. Most, probably 80%, were from the initial attack by Cavil, with the most of the rest from the attack on the resurrection hub.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MrBovineOrdure

[62]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 6

Anyone notice that the base ship looks almost completely repaired in this one? All the spikes seem to have re-grown.

Mr BO

hazelnut144

[63]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 8
    Gotta love regenerating ships. Very useful. It's probably good that the Galactica is getting all organic. It has been getting more and more dead since the miniseries.

ISpeakTheTruth

[64]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 33
    I wonder... this will probably never come up because we only have a short time left for the series but if that Cylon stuff grew enough do you think it would have changed the circuitry of the ship and made it more like a baseship? Sort like that hand inter-face kind of thing?

MrBovineOrdure

[65]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 6

I would have suspected that they'd never get into that. Ron's commentary was that he'd try to stay away from the "Sci-Fi" stuff, but had to go that way when we went into the interior of the base ships.

He's also studiously avoided techno-babble. Of course they spent so much film time watching them painting the stuff on, something techno-babble in the future seems to be unavoidable.

Mr BO

MajLorne

[66]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

Anyone notice that the base ship looks almost completely repaired in this one? All the spikes seem to have re-grown.

Mr BO

Very good point, I was wondering how all of a sudden it looked like the spikes were growing back. I almost forgot about how base stars can regrow damaged sections.