Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Escape Velocity" (U.S. air date 4/25/08) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

clos_vf

[61]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 12
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

I really don't think Rosalyn is the final Cylon. Here's why.

A few episodes back when she had her shared vision with Sharon and the Six, both she and Sharon were chasing after Hera only to see her get picked up by the six and Baltar and taken into the room where the final five are. We've seen the white sheets leading up to all of the glowing final 5 several times.

She can't be outside and inside that room at the same time.

Mr BO

Your right about that cause they did show the 5 but they were bathed in light. Now my possibilities of who the final one is changes... What if its Lee's brother he never died was in hiding and he knew he was a Cylon and he is waiting for the right time to return... I wonder when we will know who the 5th cylon is... how many episodes til the big reveal?(500th post)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hazelnut144

[62]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    I've heard the theory that Zak is the final cylon as well. And I actually kind of like it. It's also been pointed out that in the first few episodes of the season, they referenced Zak a few times, as well as the end of last season. For example the conversation in "He That Believeth in Me" where Lee asks Adama what would happen if Zak had been in that Viper, if Zak had been a cylon. That would certainly be an interesting twist, and it would save the fact that the main cast is starting to become a bit overcrowded with cylons.

kanniballl

[63]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 18
    flerrel wrote:

And unfortunately no cylon civil-war (at all..), did any (and who?) of the "cylon rebels" survive the attack by cavil and boomer? I WANNA KNOW!! Guess they couldn't fit the storyline into this episode, which tells me it's going to be a "big can of worms" Can't wait!!

Just before the Cylon slaughter/rebellion, didn't they say one of the ships didn't arrive? They were debating about what could have happened (FTL engine failure) just when they noticed themselves being surrounded. Could that be a ship with some of the Six's and such?

Perhaps they are the only ones left, besides Caprica 6 and Athena.

What will be interesting is how the Centurions and Fighters will react to this. Now that the Centurions have free will, they might go ape.

Edited on 04/30/2008 6:38am
    Edited 2 total times.

hazelnut144

[64]Apr 30, 2008
    I'm pretty sure it was the resurrection ship that didn't jump.

MrBovineOrdure

[65]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 6

It *was* the ressurection ship that didn't jump which means that those that died on those base stars are *really* dead.

Now does this mean that all the centurions that have had their chip removed have been destroyed? Were all the sixes, Leobens, and Sharons (-1) taken out as well or are there more elsewhere?

Mr BO

Idbeolderifiwas

[66]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 20
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

It *was* the ressurection ship that didn't jump which means that those that died on those base stars are *really* dead.

Now does this mean that all the centurions that have had their chip removed have been destroyed? Were all the sixes, Leobens, and Sharons (-1) taken out as well or are there more elsewhere?

Mr BO

There had to be more than just those that were on the ships that got destroyed. As Cavil said in Six of One, there are millions of each copy and there's no possible way that the ships could hold millions.

123home123

[67]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 55
    There are also copies of all of the models on Cylon-occupied Caprica as we saw in "Downloaded" from Season 2. And there are probably additional copies on the Cylon homeworld (unless the Cylons abandoned that planet permanently for some reason).

Idbeolderifiwas

[68]Apr 30, 2008
    123home123 wrote:
    There are also copies of all of the models on Cylon-occupied Caprica as we saw in "Downloaded" from Season 2. And there are probably additional copies on the Cylon homeworld (unless the Cylons abandoned that planet permanently for some reason).

I thought the Cylons left Caprica after they realized the mistake they made in destroying Humanity? I guess that was never quite answered but both Boomer and Caprica Six ended up back on the Basestars so I assume that the Cylons abandoned Caprica, Unless some stayed behind.

copygeek

[69]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 13

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    123home123 wrote:
    I thought the Cylons left Caprica after they realized the mistake they made in destroying Humanity? I guess that was never quite answered but both Boomer and Caprica Six ended up back on the Basestars so I assume that the Cylons abandoned Caprica, Unless some stayed behind.

I've wondered how Caprica Six and Boomer got back to Galactica (Six) and the Cylon Basestar (Boomer) from Caprica. It's been established and reiterated that if a Resurrection Ship/Facility isn't nearby then a Cylon can't download and their memories/personality die. I would think that by now the Cylon fleet would have been far enough away to make an intergalactic download impossible.

Idbeolderifiwas

[70]Apr 30, 2008
    copygeek wrote:

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    123home123 wrote:

I've wondered how Caprica Six and Boomer got back to Galactica (Six) and the Cylon Basestar (Boomer) from Caprica. It's been established and reiterated that if a Resurrection Ship/Facility isn't nearby then a Cylon can't download and their memories/personality die. I would think that by now the Cylon fleet would have been far enough away to make an intergalactic download impossible.

They haven't left the Galaxy, so it's not intergalactic. But still obviously they are very far away from Caprica by now. It's possible that if the Cylons didn't actually leave Caprica, that Six and Boomer simply escaped, probably on a Heavy Raider.

123home123

[71]Apr 30, 2008
    We know that the Cylon ships have much more capable FTL drives than the humans do. Kara was able to make it all the way back to Caprica aboard the stolen Cylon Raider at the end of Season 1. Then she and Caprica Sharon (later Athena) and Helo made it all the way back to Roslin's ship on that same Raider. Great distances aren't as much of an obstacle for the Cylons as they are with the humans.

hazelnut144

[73]May 1, 2008
    After they came back from Caprica the second time (in Lay Down All Your Burdens) didn't Kara say that the cylons had all abandoned Caprica?? So I was pretty sure that it was all abandoned now.

palpatine19

[74]May 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    When the Cavil model is discovered, as he exits the Raptor and Chief tackles him, he says that he has a message, that message is that the occupation of the 12 colonies has ended. Because certain models feel, that it was a mistake, namely the Six, and Sharon models. So the Cylons are no longer on ANY of the 12 colonies. Where the rest of the fleet is, is unknown. But accorrding to the Cavil model, the occupation ended, shortly after Starbuck rescued Anders

jmac4ever

[75]May 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    Remember, there's that big year-long chunk of story between the fleet landing on New Caprica and the cylons invading. We know most of what happened with the fleet, but next to nothing about what happened with the cylons. When we left them on Caprica, Caprica 6 and Boomer were leading a resistance movement in regret of what the cylons did to humanity. We somehow cut from that to Caprica 6 and Boomer wanting to join the humans on New Caprica. Unfortunately, old thinking took over quick and the whole thing went to hell. What we don't know is how the Caprica 6/Boomer movement turned into "let's go force ourselves on them on their new planet." As far as how they got where they are, Caprica 6 helped get Hera off of the baseship and onto Galactica. Boomer, I assume, left with the other ships from New Caprica.

hazelnut144

[76]May 1, 2008
    palpatine19 wrote:
    When the Cavil model is discovered, as he exits the Raptor and Chief tackles him, he says that he has a message, that message is that the occupation of the 12 colonies has ended. Because certain models feel, that it was a mistake, namely the Six, and Sharon models. So the Cylons are no longer on ANY of the 12 colonies. Where the rest of the fleet is, is unknown. But accorrding to the Cavil model, the occupation ended, shortly after Starbuck rescued Anders

Right that's what I was remembering. I knew someone said something about the occupation of the colonies ending.

oldsage

[77]May 4, 2008
    • level: 9

palpatine19 wrote:

So... umm... why don't they go back? Are they afraid that it's just a trap leading to the total destruction of humankind?

MichaudMR

[78]May 5, 2008
    • level: 17
    The home planets are now radioactive. One of the problems Helo and Sharon faced when they were on Caprica was finding anti-radiation medication before they ran out. Also, the truce didn't last very long before the Cylons went back to their aggressive posture.

123home123

[79]Jun 7, 2008
    Some new information for this episode: In the scene where Baltar is beaten by the Marine in front of his group's gathering place, it appears that Head Six is holding up Baltar. This gave the clear impression that Head Six was indeed a physical entity capable of having a physical effect on Baltar.

I just received a submission editing the note I added to the episode guide. I confirmed Ronald Moore's statement in the podcast commentary that this shot is misleading. He says that in the view of the characters who were looking on, Baltar would have been standing up by himself, unsupported by an independent entity. Thus, we should not take the scene to be evidence of Head Six's physical reality. The mystery of her identity continues...