Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Exodus, Part 1" (spoilers)

andrewdeighan

[41]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 1

123home123 wrote:
    Adama isn't a Cylon.

how do you no??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[42]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 55
    It doesn't make sense at all. If he were to be revealed as a Cylon, then that would turn all of the previous episodes into a lie. Who would care if he had been shot? Why should we have cared whether he would have lived? His relationship with Lee would be a sham. It would no longer be about a father struggling with his relationship with an adult son but a spy playing a role. That would destroy several central stories and themes of the entire series. There's no way that Ronald Moore would ever let the whole series fall apart like that.

wedgeantilles54

[43]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 12

home is right if Adama was a cylon it would pretty much destory the series so it makes no sense for him to be one

Writer2000

[44]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 17
    kdubya8 wrote:
    It was great to see Roslin back in command. They way she spoke to the men protecting the baby reminds you why she should be president.

Yeah, I totally agree with you about how it was great seeing Roslin back in command again. I'm really enjoying the third season so far. The only thing that I don't like about it is that Mary McDonnell (Roslin) hasn't gotten a whole lot of screen time, but that's only my opinion. Roslin is my favorite character on BSG, so I want to see more of her. Hopefully she'll be featured more as the season progresses.

wedgeantilles54

[45]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 12

Roslin is more of a poltical leader than a millitary one, which explains in part why she has had so little screen time considering the way things have been so far.  I think that as the season progresses she will get be more involved in things than she is now

Also its going to be interesting to see what happens when the cylons get possesion of sharons baby. If you watched the Video on the Sci-fi channels site right after the show its pretty clear that the cylons get the kid.

The other thing is its going to be interesting to see what happens when all everyone rejoins the crew of Galactica

123home123

[46]Oct 15, 2006
    BSG is no. 6 on the TV.com Top Ten Shows list right now. The interest in Exodus, Part 1 is slightly higher than than for the season premiere last week when BSG reached no. 8 on the list.

mwolfgram

[47]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 2
    I think Callie IS a Cylon...

1) End of Precipice: Callie rolls down the hill into valley separating Cylons from condemned Colonials... runs through the woods in valley... hears gunfire while running.

2) Insurgents attack in Exodus Part 1: Callie is seen standing near trucks not cuffed... runs away... is running across flat ground in line of fire... no woods in sight... no gunfire until Tyrol tackles her a second before the insurgents open fire on the Cylons.

Rob Moore would NOT make such a glaring change in the camera angles and timing.

So what's up? Was a "second" Callie - the one Tyrol tackles - in the cab of one of the trucks? And what about Sharon's comment to Tyrol as she hands him the launch keys about keeping an eye on Callie? Did she learn that Callie was another Cylon when she accessed the data stream to locate the launch keys?

-- Wolf

StelingMB

[48]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 5
    What's mostly on my mind at this very moment..."I hate two-parters!"

123home123

[49]Oct 16, 2006
    mwolfgram wrote:

1) End of Precipice: Callie rolls down the hill into valley separating Cylons from condemned Colonials... runs through the woods in valley... hears gunfire while running.

2) Insurgents attack in Exodus Part 1: Callie is seen standing near trucks not cuffed... runs away... is running across flat ground in line of fire... no woods in sight... no gunfire until Tyrol tackles her a second before the insurgents open fire on the Cylons.

So what's up? Was a "second" Callie - the one Tyrol tackles - in the cab of one of the trucks? And what about Sharon's comment to Tyrol as she hands him the launch keys about keeping an eye on Callie? Did she learn that Callie was another Cylon when she accessed the data stream to locate the launch keys?

-- Wolf

Cally isn't a Cylon. Any inconsistencies with angles could just be due to the editing. Ronald Moore (not Rob) probably doesn't handle the editing himself.

When Sharon was talking to Tyrol, she was thinking of Hera and how (in her mind) she lost her. She told Tyrol to watch Cally in order to take care of her so that no harm would ever come to Tyrol's son Nicholas. It had nothing to do with a warning about Cally being a Cylon.

Chattermouth

[50]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 6

Adama isn't a machine, because I know when Edward Olmos is a machine.
    Blade Runner, anyone?

Don't let the mustache fool you

See? Scary machine mustache, and fuzzy human mustache.

Edited on 10/16/2006 6:14am
    Edited 2 total times.

DrLar

[51]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 10
    Awesome episode!

So, they finally calmed down Starbuck (haven't they?), what's their plan for her? are just studying her behavior with a so call daughter? is that baby hybrid, cylon or full human? (BTW I'm still liking her new long hair look).

Yeah I agree at that poor editing of Callie running away and the angle the chiefs team had on the toasters, at the previous episode she was running downhill and along some trees in this one she was running on flat surface with no tress in sight.. mmm

I don't think admiral Adama knows what Roslin did with the baby, neither the chief (which was asked about it by Sharon), if she finds out she will be raging mad, I hope they could control that situation or Sharon will turn back to the cylon side again. Roslin must step up and tell the truth to Sharon and others.

So, is Balthar a Cylon or not? I hopefully don't think so, but what if he were one?.

flynikeguy

[53]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 15

123home123 wrote:
    mwolfgram wrote:

-- Wolf

Cally isn't a Cylon. Any inconsistencies with angles could just be due to the editing. Ronald Moore (not Rob) probably doesn't handle the editing himself.

When Sharon was talking to Tyrol, she was thinking of Hera and how (in her mind) she lost her. She told Tyrol to watch Cally in order to take care of her so that no harm would ever come to Tyrol's son Nicholas. It had nothing to do with a warning about Cally being a Cylon.

Yeah, the whole camera angle and timing is confusing me too.  I have to go back and look at this but at the end of "Precipice" wasn't Cally running when the gunfire started?  And in "Exodus, Part 1" wasn't she tackled by Tyrol before the gunfire started?  It is either cheating "Precipice" because it changes how the ending goes and makes us think people are dying and then we see that they just changed something and it wasn't what we thought.

(Note: I'm not saying that they can't make us think the Cylons are firing when it was actually the resistance, but by the way the ending is of "Precipice" is framed and the way it appears in "Exodus, Part1", the inconsistancy isn't fair.)

Does this actually mean anything like wolf says?  I don't know.  I wouldn't say it makes Cally a Cylon, but it definitely is bothering me right now.

Chattermouth

[54]Oct 16, 2006
    flynikeguy wrote:

I have to go back and look at this but at the end of "Precipice" wasn't Cally running when the gunfire started?  And in "Exodus, Part 1" wasn't she tackled by Tyrol before the gunfire started?  It is either cheating "Precipice" because it changes how the ending goes and makes us think people are dying and then we see that they just changed something and it wasn't what we thought.

Ya know, this is exactly the kind of thing that pissed off Annie Wilkes in Misery. "She didn't get out of the cockadoodie car!"

I think this is a slip up. There is no way they had two Callies there, running in different directions, so it has to be a slip up.

Pedroff

[55]Oct 16, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    WarGrowlmon, you should probably break up that post into paragraphs to make it easier to read. I think most people are going to skip your post automatically just because of the formatting.

You're right I skipped it but I also skipped the other wordy post as well, it's just too much to look at. People should keep this saying in mind when posting: KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid). Alot more people will read your posts.

Pedroff

[56]Oct 16, 2006
    Chattermouth wrote:

StelingMB wrote:
    I know a lot of people are angry with Ellen, but I think what she did is very natural. She loves Saul, and who would ever want to lose the person they love most...

Incorrect. What she should have done was told Saul about the threat, and he could have just refrained from showing his face around for a while.

Also, when that lone eyeball was on her there, I really thought he was about to shoot her. And my mind just pictured her coming back, revealing her Cylon nature. He should shoot her either way. Saul is now a die-hard soldier, and every soldier knows the punishment for treason.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing that he might kill her, you never know especially in his state of mind.
    Edited on 10/16/2006 3:12pm

Pedroff

[57]Oct 16, 2006
    mwolfgram wrote:

-- Wolf

Come on stop trolling.

StelingMB

[58]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 5
    Pedroff wrote:
    Chattermouth wrote:

StelingMB wrote:
    I know a lot of people are angry with Ellen, but I think what she did is very natural. She loves Saul, and who would ever want to lose the person they love most...

Incorrect. What she should have done was told Saul about the threat, and he could have just refrained from showing his face around for a while.

Also, when that lone eyeball was on her there, I really thought he was about to shoot her. And my mind just pictured her coming back, revealing her Cylon nature. He should shoot her either way. Saul is now a die-hard soldier, and every soldier knows the punishment for treason.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing that he might kill her, you never know especially in his state of mind.

I will reserve any further judgement on the matter until we've seen the missing year...as I do firmly believe something happened to really change Ellen and Saul in that time!!!

Minxmaster

[59]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 3
    wedgeantilles54 wrote:

Casey looks alot older than Hara, which means  that either Hara is not the first Human Cylon Hybrid or Casey isn't one. The only way both of the kids could be is that Casey was created in secret using the overy that was taken from starbuck and most of the cylons don'y know about her yet, therefore they thought that Hara was the first and only cylon-human hybrid so far.

Of course the age difference kinda wrecks this idea unless the cylons have some sort of aclerated growth technology

I remember someone on the show saying that love" was the missing ingredient that made the conception of Boomers baby possible in the first place. So whatever Casey is, it oughta be something different as she's said to be created artificially.

And Casey seeming significantly older than Hara is really an interesting point I didn't even notice until I read it here. Accellerated growth seems to be the only logical explanation if she really is Starbucks daughter. I don't believe in the theory that they just couldn't get another actor....

Chattermouth

[60]Oct 17, 2006

Minxmaster wrote:
    I don't believe in the theory that they just couldn't get another actor....

Actor? More like a prop thus far...