Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Exodus, Part 2" (spoilers)

123home123

[1]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 55
    In the finale of the two-part Exodus story, Adama returns to New Caprica in an attempt to rescue the stranded survivors.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kmfc17

[2]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 5
    I am really looking forward to this episode, I would like to see a little more action on this one, and maybe Apollo will show some guts after all.

DarqAli

[3]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 1
    Prediction:

Appolo jumps the civvie ships away to safety -

Jumps Pegasus back, disobeying orders, which makes Papa mad but saves the day -

He is out in a viper, or raptor, as are many of Pegasus personel.

Dee in on the brideg, in charge. She dies with Pegasus, probably doing something really heroic and saving the day.

Lee has something more to mope about, blaming himself for the loss of Pegasus and his wife,

But, Starbuck is back, and he is back on Galactica, once again the ONLY Battlestar. Ah, who will be CAG? Lee? Starbuck? umm, Kat?

Starbuck's man dies gloriously in the frakus, in a vein attempt to keep Hera from the cylons, of course,

So Lee and Kara are again pilots on Galactica. Wheee what fun!

P90James

[4]Oct 19, 2006
    Sorry, just don't see it happening

Pegasus will of course jump in to save the day, the tv clip spoilers prove that, but Lee in a Viper? Not unless he's going in for emergency liposuction

The rumours claiming Pegasus will be used to ram a base ship are just that - rumours. Go back and watch the last few minutes of Exodus I again, just before Adama enters CIC there is a very deliberate close-up of the DRADIS screen - it clearly shows one, and only one, ship in space around the Galactica. As the pegasus has jumped away with the civilians it's almost certainly a civvie decoy, probably jam packed with nukes.... and that's gonna do the ramming. Just the kind of sneaky thing i'd expect of the old man

123home123

[5]Oct 19, 2006
    Yeah, I don't think Lee would fit in a Viper cockpit these days.

DarqAli

[6]Oct 19, 2006
    My point was, that if Pegasus bites the dust, Lee won't be in it. He will escape, being in a Viper, Raptor, or some other small craft, as will a large number of her crew. The loss of Pegasus will include a number of people, including {I predict} Dee, but not Lee, nor all the raptors, vipers, or other smaller craft that could fly free and later land on Galactica's decks; many pilots can and likely will survive.

Sure, Lee is a bit out of shape. Not to worry, he'll shed the fat suit soon enough. Unless the actor in question REALLY got that fat and can't dro the weight, which I doubt.

123home123

[7]Oct 19, 2006
    Check the thread about The Making of Fat Apollo. I included a link to the video blog on the Sci Fi site where Jamie Bamber shows how they created Fat Apollo. It's clear from the video that Jamie hasn't put on any weight himself.

Chattermouth

[8]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 6
    I'm racing through a The Shield marathon to keep me busy. This one should be released soon, but the next episode better hurry, before I run out of Cops n' Robbers violence.
    I'm thinking something happens the Hera. There was too much underlining of the increased protection provided for her in the last episode. It could have been laying up for a big smack, say, Sharon gets wind of it during the escape, or the Cylon-Cylons get a hold of her.

wedgeantilles54

[9]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 12

Ok so why is everyone speculating that pegasus will get destroyed  there isn't really any evidence to suggest this that i've seen.

I think that both battlestars will be damged but neither will be destroyed

Lee Will bring the pegasus into the fight cause he realizes that his father is right and he has let him down or something along thoose lines

P90James

[10]Oct 20, 2006
    There was a rumour started on a single website a couple weeks back that Pegasus would bite it, and then the preview clips showed a base star involved in a collision and people started jumping to conclusions.

Hell, Pegasus held off three baseships after being ambushed and nuked - I don't see five baseships beating her and Galactica when THEY are doing the ambushing

Just hoping they give us a half decent fight, I don't know about anyone else but the battle in Resurrection Ship Pt 2 was a real let down... I won't argue that the story itself was bad, I just would have liked to see more of the battle from the battlestars point of view and not Lee floating around.

wedgeantilles54

[11]Oct 20, 2006

P90James thanks for the info

I can see how that conclusion was made now. 

Which brings up the question  how do we know what it takes to destroy an operational battlestar since we haven't seen one destroyed yet. For all we know one  could ram a base star and survive albeight badly damaged

leftwich

[12]Oct 20, 2006
    I hope that they don't just summarily destroy the Pegasus. One of Battlestar: Galactica's biggest draws for me has been that the writers haven't just had the Pegasus explode in a beautiful explosion. Far too often that is what happens in Sci-fi. A good example of this trend are the Stargates. If a guest ship is shown on those shows it is safe money that by the end of the episode it will be dust. Also, the Pegasus is the ship that is replacing their Vipers (Scar). To my knowledge, and please correct me if I am wrong, the Galactica can not build new Vipers herself.

What I predict will happen is that the Galactica will jump in first. This will have the odds stacked heavily against her. She will take a severe beating before the Pegasus arrives. In one of the blogs on Sci-Fi there is a short shot from the filming of Exodus, Part 2 that has Lee say 'Galactica, we will hold them off while you fix your FTL'. Well, something like that, exact wording is probably off. The ship that crashes into a basestar is more likely one of the civillian ships fleeing that planets surface. Or, as another possibility, it is the basestar that crashes into the Pegasus or Galactica. A one for one trade favors the Cylons after all.

There are several reasons I don't think that the Pegasus can be destroyed without completely limiting the potential for the Galactica to engage Basestars in battle in futur eps.

First off the above mentioned use of the Pegasus to build new Vipers and Raptors, most of which will be either damaged or destroyed fighting the Cylons I suspect. With only semi regular characters at best in the Vipers they can ALL potentially be destroyed. The only character that I know survives whom is piloting a Viper/Raptor is Kat, as she has been described as plot critical in a later ep.

Second; both Dee and Lee are on the Pegasus. There have been hints and such dropped that a main character will not be making it through this ep. However, Lee is such a cornerstone of the series I don't see him getting killed. We do not know however what kind of lifeboat system the Pegasus has, if any. It is highly unlikely though that any attempt to abandon the Pegasus would be succesful in the middle of an engagement between the two battlestars and five basestars. An attempt to abandon the ship would be further hampered if they had just crashed the ship into a basestar.

Okay, so I only really have two reasons why I feel that the Pegasus shouldn't/won't be destroyed. What do you guys think? I have my fingers crossed from some really cool effects from tonights episode as I doubt we will be seeing another capitol ship engagement this season. It is going to take them some time to fix the Galactica after this fight.

One last quick question, has anyone heard anything about the Starboard landing bay? Is it still a gift shop?

wedgeantilles54

[13]Oct 20, 2006

Well its started and all i have to saw so far is wow

Saul seems to have killed Ellen the ep preview at the beigning just suggests that it will only get better and crazier

Well it seems i was wrong about the pegasus getting destroied but oh well

Edited on 10/20/2006 6:41pm

mialza

[14]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 14
    Galactica jumps into the atmosphere, deploys Raptors, then jumps out just before it hits ground. Wow.

Zauriel_MU

[15]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 8
    Wow this episode, the entire thing, as amazing and did not fail to live up to BSG's high standard. I think this episode was amazing! I hope others found it the same way I did.

wedgeantilles54

[16]Oct 20, 2006

I agree it was a great episode

it was sad to see the pegasus go but at least it went out in an awsome maner and took 2 base stars with it

the atmosphere jump was awsome too

the ending was really well done espically  considering the way galactica was at the end of season 2

danharr

[17]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 45
    Great episode I couldn't believe they dropped Galactica into the atmosphere, released the vipers and jump out again!  Old Pegasus saving the day was well done i've been missing a good space fight but have Peggy take out 3 base stars on her way to the afterlife was a bit much.  Oh and ala the first season in the field Balthar and Six finally got "their" baby but other chick is taking her away for reason yet unknown.  Starbuck doesn't have a daughter one big mind game to make her fall in love.  Can't wait to see where Balthar made off too and what happens next i'm almost regretting next weeks vigilante justice is wrong episode but oh well answers will come soon enough.

teaveefreak

[18]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 13

Zauriel_MU wrote:
    Wow this episode, the entire thing, as amazing and did not fail to live up to BSG's high standard. I think this episode was amazing! I hope others found it the same way I did.

I agree.  This is why BSG is the number one show on TV.

wedgeantilles54

[19]Oct 20, 2006
    I just thought about this did anyone else notice that some of the raptors had what look like rocket launcher boxes on them when they launched the decoys and one of them also looked like it had a nuke under its wing like in Kobol's last gleaming.

quote12

[20]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 6
    Aside from the usual good integration of CGI and actors, this was a pedestrian, predictable effort. Lots of explosions and smoke, not much dialogue. In true TV Writing 101 fashion, a couple of secondary characters killed off, but no one with a fan following. Kate Vernon dies without ever experiencing character development, but at least she gets a semi-touching exit. Poor Erica Cerra! For a while it looked like she going to become the face of Sci-Fi; glad she kept her day job in Eureka. Very little of that messy political stuff, so Yanks and Brits don't have to worry their little heads that anyone is implicitly muttering about imperial policy. Heroic Adamas save the day. And this is why the show isn't called "Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus." Thank god or gods these actors can carry this on their backs. In all, after touching down briefly on New Caprica and experiencing writers' block, the BSG gang bolted out of there so fast they must have thought there really was a nuke under the set. Let's hope the next plotline works out better.