Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion - "Faith" (U.S. air date 5/9/08) (spoilers)

How would you rate this episode?

Raven-22

[42]May 11, 2008
    • level: 2

alysonpeltz wrote:
    I've said from the beginning that the final cyclon can not be Kara primarily because both Adama's have known her so long and watched her grow/age. However there are things from this episode which leave me questioning... Firstly when they once again saw the nebular - she stated she could "hear" it. Wasn't that the same music that "called" the other 4?
    :
    The child(ren) of the one reborn shall find their own country.
    This does seem to imply that she may have resurected. However at the same time, it could also imply that she is the first child of a cylon/human relationship. If this were the case, she would not be the final cylon, but it would explain her relationship with the cylons and her hearing the music of the nebular. This would also put her in the right place/time to lead the rest of the human race to the end of the line - Earth.

Here is a crazy idea.

Do we know who Starbuck's father is? Maybe it is Saul Tigh.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mialza

[43]May 11, 2008
    • level: 14
    Raven-22 wrote:

Here is a crazy idea.

Do we know who Starbuck's father is? Maybe it is Saul Tigh.

I used to think that he could have been her father before he was revealed to be a Cylon, but I kind of forgot about it as time passed. Now that we know Tigh is a Cylon I'm starting to think about it again. If it's true it would explain a lot about Starbuck, like her ressurection, her weird connection to Leoben, her drinking problem and anger issues, and how the fates of both races seem to be connected to her. After what has happened to her, I like the idea that she is not completely human but not the final Cylon. I've always hated the theory that she was a Cylon and it would have been too easy for the writers to make her one. If she's a hybrid that is a different story.

my1sunshine

[44]May 11, 2008
    • level: 12

alysonpeltz wrote:
    I've said from the beginning that the final cyclon can not be Kara primarily because both Adama's have known her so long and watched her grow/age. However there are things from this episode which leave me questioning... Firstly when they once again saw the nebular - she stated she could "hear" it. Wasn't that the same music that "called" the other 4?
    :
    The child(ren) of the one reborn shall find their own country.
    This does seem to imply that she may have resurected. However at the same time, it could also imply that she is the first child of a cylon/human relationship. If this were the case, she would not be the final cylon, but it would explain her relationship with the cylons and her hearing the music of the nebular. This would also put her in the right place/time to lead the rest of the human race to the end of the line - Earth.

In regards to why Kara cannot be a Cylon , really.. Lee knew her for Three years before the series premeire, Adama for Two. And she never really had much in the way of friends before that, not being very social. just her and her Mother. So in that regard, kara could very well be a cylon. In fact Saul is more unlikely than Kara. Adama knew him for Twenty to Thirty years.

MrBovineOrdure

[45]May 11, 2008
    • level: 6

Thinking about something that's overdue and really should start happening in the next few episodes.

Here we'll have a base star albeit damaged jumping into the fleet. The occupants claiming they want to join sides. I'd say there's only one thing that must be demanded of them; A full reckoning of their technology. Permitting the Colonials aboard to examine a base star. (They probably already have had a good look at the raiders) An explanation of how the organic tech was built and fits in with the mechanics. How to tell a skinjob from a human, and as I mentioned in another post, how their base stars move without the reaction rockets we see on every other ship with the intent of finding a way to disable them.

I can understand Athena being allowed to get away without this kind of full disclosure; willing to join the colonials, but not willing to betray her kind, but after she aquiest on deploying the cylon-killing virus, you'd think her willingness to discuss these things had change.

If the Cylons on the base star are being ernest in their desire to join the colonial fleet, if they recognize that they are truely apart from the rest of their kind having beared the brunt of the hostility from the Cavils, Simons, and Dorals, then they shouldn't have a problem with this request. There are practical matters to being provided this information. Is the tillium that the Cylons use compatible with the colonial needs (Gasoline vs diesel?) Can their water and food systems provide for the fleet? Would the fleet have to provide water and food to them?

Of course then the issue becomes; Is there anyone left in the colonial fleet with the scientific background willing to carry this off? I'd say at first glance, Baltar wouldn't be a very willing candidate nor should the colonials trust him to carry this out.

Mr BO

noty222

[46]May 11, 2008
    I would have to assume that Sam linked up with cylon mainframe/hybrid thru the hand/organic interface. He was about to stick his hand in it, Kara gave orders. He said he would be better to stay behind in the bay with the raptor. I believe he pulled his hand out when six drove Barolay's nose into her brain. I liked his reactions in this episode, he believes now that 3 unboxed will be able to identify the hidden cylons. He showed possibly super-human strength subduing six with one hand albeit with a gun. Then he held eights hand and looked into her eyes when she died...

oldsage

[47]May 11, 2008
    • level: 9

Col. Tigh is the only one of the "four" that still leaves me highly dubious. There is little background to the remainder of the Cylon models, however, Saul has a long history with Bill Adama and we have even seen flashbacks where Saul is depicted as a younger man.

To my knowledge, the twelve skin jobs don't age. So did Saul get "replaced" at some point?

alllstarz

[48]May 11, 2008
    • level: 4

Well;

we all know that the final 5 came from the 13th colony (earth)

now when the exodus happened it probally happened thousands of years ago.

Maybe they do age like normal people but near their end they re build another model and tranfer the conciousness to it.

Or maye the 13th tribe sent the final 5 in hopes of contacting the l12 colonies in hopes of rejoining and meeting up to resolve the differences thus they could send one model with muliple replacements or the repairs.

or it could be like something from terminator in which those final 5 have died and the models decided to take their form and memories and carry on thier lives like it would of happened. ;

alysonpeltz

[49]May 11, 2008
    • level: 3
    my1sunshine wrote:

In regards to why Kara cannot be a Cylon , really.. Lee knew her for Three years before the series premeire, Adama for Two. And she never really had much in the way of friends before that, not being very social. just her and her Mother. So in that regard, kara could very well be a cylon. In fact Saul is more unlikely than Kara. Adama knew him for Twenty to Thirty years.

However, the cylons would not have been interested in Kara's ovaries had she not been at least part human ;-) References have also been made to Kara and Lee "growing up together" hence my original comment...

hazelnut144

[50]May 11, 2008
    • level: 8

As to Anders' leg, yeah I think I brought that up before in some other episode discussion, but after listening to RDM's commentary, he was saying that there was going to be a scene with Anders telling someone to cut the cast off. So the reason he was limping COULD have been simply because the leg was completely immobilized, and so he couldn't bend the knee. Though I still don't think that he should have been in a cockpit. Because seeing as he had the cast on, he would have never been out in a viper before. And, you can learn all the theory you want, but you can't just get out there and know how to fly. I don't buy that. But I guess it can't be perfect.

As to the "children of the one reborn" or something. This could refer to Starbuck, yes, but could also refer to any of the cylons. I was thinking, specifically of Caprica. Because in some way, she is Hera's mother, and I would guess, Nicky's too. So it could be referring to her.

Edited on 05/11/2008 3:22pm

copygeek

[51]May 11, 2008
    • level: 13

hazelnut144 wrote:
    As to the "children of the one reborn" or something. This could refer to Starbuck, yes, but could also refer to any of the cylons. I was thinking, specifically of Caprica. Because in some way, she is Hera's mother, and I would guess, Nicky's too. So it could be referring to her.

You're going to need to explain that one to me from the beginning. How exactly is Caprica Six Hera and Nicky's "mother"? Hera is daughter to Sharon and Helo and Nicky is son to Tyrol and Cally.

pgsuperfan

[52]May 11, 2008
    • level: 25
    Tsanii wrote:

pgsuperfan wrote:
    One thing I cannot figure out I am new to the show if the show takes place in the future then why does the President have cancer ? You would think that by this time all major diseases were all but forgotten. Can anyone help out ?????????????

I don't really think there's been an actual statement of whether or not this is in the future or the past. My understanding is that it's about at the same technological era as us. Meaning, there are ways to treat cancer, but no cure. This isn't Star Trek afterall.

Thanks now it makes some sense to me

Vincent2013

[53]May 12, 2008
    • level: 7
    Iwas just sitting here laughing insanely because i really do believe that the midseason cliffhanger will be the reveal of the final cylon and i swear i am going to cry when it happens because i know its going to be months before i see a new episode and can not wait

noty222

[54]May 12, 2008
    53 Thats one FRAKKED-up post.

Jammet

[55]May 12, 2008
    • level: 10
    I knew it. It is the ship of light .... that comet. I thought I already saw the ship of light when Starbuck disappeared, ... just some lights, just open for interpretation, but this had to be the ship of light from the old BSG series.

The way to earth.

Best episode in the series. Beats even the first.

ebony_kunoichi

[56]May 12, 2008
    • level: 13

my poor baby Gaeta, did anders have to shoot him??? BOOO!!!

Was it just me or when Anders was on the base ship and he was going to put his hand in the computer goo that was the most suspensful moment ever!! I almost fell out of bed.

i thought it was great to see how emotional the cylons can be and how death can effect a model. previously i thought they didnt really mind dying and being reborn, but i kinda felt sorry for the 6.

i cant wait to find out who is the final cylon.

hazelnut144

[57]May 12, 2008
    copygeek wrote:

hazelnut144 wrote:

You're going to need to explain that one to me from the beginning. How exactly is Caprica Six Hera and Nicky's "mother"? Hera is daughter to Sharon and Helo and Nicky is son to Tyrol and Cally.

Back in the first season, remember Head Six telling Gaius that Hera was their daughter? No one is really sure how that is meant but mixed with all the opera house stuff in the season 1 finale, it seems to imply that they are the "parents" to the new generation of cylon/human children. And since Head Six is a manifestation of Caprica, and since she also has a Head Baltar, that would make Caprica and Baltar the parents of the new race. I'm not quite sure how it works, but somehow it works in Head Six's head. Nicky, I am not sure of. Head Six actually predicted Hera's birth, right down to the location, yet as far as we know, she has no idea that Nicky Tyrol is a cylon/human baby. So the part about Nicky is more speculation. I hope that clears things up somewhat.

Jammet

[58]May 12, 2008
    • level: 10

I even sorta believe that the series takes places in the past of earth, and that the single God worshipping might even be the beginning of christianity. Very daring, if true. Let's just hope Balthat is not Jesus .

Let's just have them build pyramids instead, and what have you, bring all the mythology of the 12 colonies to earth to build the foundation we look back to as our roots, today.

Quite strange that nobody except me seems to be interested in the comet, yet. It has to be the ship of light. Anyone else remember that? Anyone here who agrees or disagrees?

Edited on 05/12/2008 5:26pm

hazelnut144

[59]May 12, 2008
    I don't think that the comet necessarily has to be the ship of light. The new series does not always borrow ideas from the old, though I will admit that it often does. I believe that RDM stated in his podcast that Baltar is NOT Jesus.

Peter_24601

[60]May 12, 2008
    • level: 6

Question regarding the 'missing three' referred to by the hybrid when talking to Kara. Do you think she's referring to the third cylon that has been boxed up for knowing who the five are, or is it a reference to the three models who are missing because they have rebelled against the others? So is prophecy a hint that D'Anna Briers is coming out of the box, or just cute talk for saying that the other three models are the ones who are going to out the five?

Peter