Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Discussion-"He That Believeth In Me" (U.S. air date 4/4/08) (spoilers)

mynameisrodney

[161]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 2
    It's not necessarily free of humans. We don't know yet.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

crito84

[162]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 5
    sorry...I meant free of cylons. I was thinking "cylons" and typed "humans"

Jeric-Ho

[163]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 34
    But when they get to Earth, the Cylons will follow them, and there will be another war over who will occupy Earth, the Cylons are not just going to turn and run once the humans find Earth, they must do something.

Unless for all we know Earth may already be populated by humans, if this is true then humans will out number the Cylons so maybe they can wipe out the Cylons for good!

I am also very interested to find out what year it will be on Earth when they find it! will it be centuries ago or wil it be modern day 2008

copygeek

[164]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 13

Jeric-Ho wrote:
    I am also very interested to find out what year it will be on Earth when they find it! will it be centuries ago or wil it be modern day 2008

I'm guessing it will be the future and that we will have wiped ourselves out so that the Colonials will have to repopulate the Earth.

clos_vf

[165]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 12
    crito84 wrote:
    It's free of humans. The cylons are looking for Earth as well, following the fleet to the 13th tribe. If the cylons already knew where Earth was there would be no reason to follow them.

Ok thanks for the info. HA So yeah the final and 5th Cylon would possibly be the one who gives the Cylons the info so they can attempt to take over Earth. That would be a great end the last few episodes they get home to Earth and there is a full scale assault on BSG and earth.

tripping82

[166]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 14
    clos_vf wrote:
    crito84 wrote:
    It's free of humans. The cylons are looking for Earth as well, following the fleet to the 13th tribe. If the cylons already knew where Earth was there would be no reason to follow them.
    Ok thanks for the info. HA So yeah the final and 5th Cylon would possibly be the one who gives the Cylons the info so they can attempt to take over Earth. That would be a great end the last few episodes they get home to Earth and there is a full scale assault on BSG and earth.
    When they get to Earth, they'll be greeted by the Enterprise and together, they will destroy all the Cylons.
    Edited on 04/11/2008 5:06am

Invader_of_53

[167]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 7
    ribex wrote:

Ronnomaru wrote:
    Has it occurred to anyone that "Kara leading the human race to its end" can also just mean "the end of its journey", which is finding Earth? Might explain why the Razor hybrid calls her the "Herald of the Apocalypse", because it might just stand for the apocalypse for the Cylons instead of the human race.

Yes.

And I as well, and was going to add that into my theories that no one here seems to want to play off of, but the thing that throws me off is why the hybrid added the fact that "they must not follow her". They, the human race, the people in question here, musn't follow her. Why? It seems weird that he would tack on something like that to otherwise optimistic line of prophesy.

By the way, let us not forget the technical definition of "apocalypse". Though often associated with the end of the world, its original interpretation is that of revelation, in the case of its origin, from God via a divine source. This would make a strong case for Kara, but still... why does he declare a warning not to follow her? That's what I can't understand.

As for Elosha being the last Cylon... eh. Let's look at it properly. The Significant Seven are all revealed pretty much in the episodes in which they are introduced. Then the four of the Final Five are revealed to be supporting/borderline major characters. The subject of the "final revelation" will have to be a major, greatly influentional character to have any impact as an out-of-the-closet Cylon.

Edited on 04/11/2008 6:07am

ribex

[168]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 4
    I continue to be bothered by the fact that Tory Foster is a Cylon. I think it's because I don't know much of anything about her. She seemed so incidental until recently (Crossroads on). I rewatched most of the 2nd and 3rd seasons prior to last week, hoping I'd pick up on something I'd missed or ignored the first go around, but no joy. Does anyone know if more of her backstory is going to be highlighted, or if I genuinely missed something? I don't want to continue disliking the character

crito84

[169]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    As far as I remember, they never focused on her backstory. It is pretty bothersome because we know so much about the other 3 and she is such a mystery. All I remember about her is that she was a precinct president(or something like that) back on Caprica, hence her involvement in politics now. But other than that I have no idea.

hazelnut144

[170]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    Invader_of_53 wrote:
    ribex wrote:

Ronnomaru wrote:
    Has it occurred to anyone that "Kara leading the human race to its end" can also just mean "the end of its journey", which is finding Earth? Might explain why the Razor hybrid calls her the "Herald of the Apocalypse", because it might just stand for the apocalypse for the Cylons instead of the human race.

Yes.

And I as well, and was going to add that into my theories that no one here seems to want to play off of, but the thing that throws me off is why the hybrid added the fact that "they must not follow her". They, the human race, the people in question here, musn't follow her. Why? It seems weird that he would tack on something like that to otherwise optimistic line of prophesy.

By the way, let us not forget the technical definition of "apocalypse". Though often associated with the end of the world, its original interpretation is that of revelation, in the case of its origin, from God via a divine source. This would make a strong case for Kara, but still... why does he declare a warning not to follow her? That's what I can't understand.

As for Elosha being the last Cylon... eh. Let's look at it properly. The Significant Seven are all revealed pretty much in the episodes in which they are introduced. Then the four of the Final Five are revealed to be supporting/borderline major characters. The subject of the "final revelation" will have to be a major, greatly influentional character to have any impact as an out-of-the-closet Cylon.

Well yeah, I know that Elosha is maybe not the greatest, but I'm just throwing ideas out here, and the thing is, that most of the main characters seem to be cylons already, or if they aren't, it wouldn't work for them to be. As for the hybrid's prophecy in regards to Kara, I don't think that it means exactly what it sounds like, but I also don't think that it really means "Oh everything will be nice and happy if we follow Kara" Because, lets face it. This is BSG. There are no "happily ever afters" in the words of Lee Adama "Bright shiny futures are overrated". I think that the true meaning of the prophecy is probably a lot more complicated than it seems. I mean the hybrid IS part cylon. The "THEY MUST NOT FOLLOW HER" quote could be in reference to the cylons, it could say that the human race following Kara could be bad for the cylons. It could be taken in so many different ways.

august29

[171]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    4 is in hiding....one to be revealed....ok...., I reconfigured my thought process on who the final human cylon model might be. Its not with anybody among the colonials. Methinks a new character will appear near the end. new character = a human cyclon . with roles and answers that will tie up the entire epic and most of its loose ends. Who knows, it might be the one who saved kara

123home123

[172]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 55
    Just a tardy minor observation: Did anyone else notice that Anders looks different this season, at least in this episode? His nose is different. I had read that Michael Trucco (the actor who plays Anders) was involved in a serious automobile accident several months ago. He was nearly killed but fortunately he wasn't. He suffered a broken neck vertebra or two and he had to wear some sort of neck brace for a while according to some posts on the forum of his official website.

He was expected to make a full recovery. Knowing that, it seems like Michael Trucco may have broken his nose and it may have been swollen when this episode was filmed. Of course, it's possible that my timeline here is all wrong and this episode was shot before the accident. If so, then just ignore this post.